Thread: Is it just me?

OPA Belta

Is it just me?

For a couple of days now, both the forums and Green Ronin's main site have been down for me. On the few occasions that I've managed to access the forums, I can't post a reply in the thread I was writing in when the forums stopped responding the first time. Whenever I try to submit or preview a post, I just get teleported to the Community Home page.

I haven't seen any announcements about the forums undergoing any sort of maintenance, so... what's going on?

Re: Is it just me?

Unfortunately, this is something that just happens to people sometimes. The nickname for it is the "front page bug". There are a few words that are positively correlated with it, along with adding a space before and/or after an equals sign. Once it hits you, it sticks around a for while, longer if you repeatedly tried to submit a post that dropped you to the front page. It seems to be tied to IP addresses, not usernames. The popular theory is that it's some piece of anti-spam/exploit code gone wild.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Someone let Cosmo the Moon Monkey out again.

So, the main webpage ( www.greenronin.com ) doesn't resolve for you?

Who is your ISP?

Have you cleared your browser's cache?
    Have you updated your DNS?
    ( These last two things *may* help resolve your issues. )
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Looks like there is an update for the forum software, we'll probably update in the next few days.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

OPA Belta

A bug with a name? I don't know if that's comforting or worrisome.

@Fildrigar
    Neither the forums nor the main webpage resolved for me, though obviously they do now. Both timed out and Firefox was telling me that it wasn't getting a response from the server(s).

I did try clearing my browser cache but that didn't help. I may also have tried manually entering the domain names, though I don't remember if I tried that for both of them. Probably just the forums, since that's what I was trying to reach. No effect there either.

I'll get back to you on the rest via PM.

MCRN Admiral

It hit me from my home IP last week, but I got in through my work VPN. It is resolved somehow.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    For a couple of days now, both the forums and Green Ronin's main site have been down for me. On the few occasions that I've managed to access the forums, I can't post a reply crédit in the thread I was writing in when the forums stopped responding the first time. Whenever I try to submit or preview a post, I just get teleported to the Community Home page.

I haven't seen any announcements about the forums undergoing any sort of maintenance, so... what's going on?
    Yes, It is just you