Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghost Town: Familiar Haunts (Recruiting)

Re: Ghost Town: Familiar Haunts (Recruiting)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    Theme is the big one: Gremlin is very tech-heavy, Rose is a more classic style with deceptive magic and plant magic.
    Ah. That's not what I thought you meant by "design decisions," then. And I think we're working from the same basic ideas, as Gremlin is explicitly atypical.
    Part of my enjoyment of mashing up concepts that don't usually go together. In addition to "magical creature who is a science/technology expert," I've also gone the other way with a few robot (or other creation of mad science) spellcasters.

Keeper of Secrets

Cheshire Cat

Alexander DeCarabas came from a long line of expert criminals, ranging from cattle rustlers in the Old West to money launderers in the early to mid 20th century. Alex's personal M.O. was cat burglary, an M.O. that he found incredibly difficult to be successful at since the modern world was so full of superheroes (and due to his urge to taunt and one-up those keeping him from his prize). That was until one night when he targeted the Freedom City Natural History Museum's newest exhibit on the Egyptian pharoh Heru-Ra. During an altercation with the second Raven, Alex knocked over a statue in the exhibit: a black stone cat which shattered at his feet. Suddenly enveloped in shadowy energy, Alex found himself suddenly gifted with the ability to teleport and to make people see things that weren't truly there. Using his powers, he managed to escape from the Raven and get back to his home, where he found he now had the look of an otherworldly cat. Rather than being horrified, Alex loved it. Redubbing himself "Cheshire Cat", he quit his career as a normal thief and began his career as a superpowered thief.

Things went really well for a while. Cheshire Cat had gone from being a nobody to being one of the most notorious criminals in Freedom City. Snatching up jewelry and antiques by night and living in luxury by day. That all changed when Alex got the chance of a lifetime: to join the newest incarnation of the Crime League, organized by a supervillain known as Mastermind. The job was simple for Cheshire: Distract the Freedom League with his illusion powers, then snatch up some Daka Crystals being held at ASTRO Labs, which Mastermind would use to power his machine to blow up The Lighthouse when it orbited above the city. Cheshire's part of the job went off without a hitch, but when he returned to the Crime League's hideout he learned the terrible truth. Mastermind wasn't going to use his weapon on The Lighthouse but on Freedom City itself, potentially killing millions.

Cheshire Cat was a thief, a scoundrel and had a rebellious streak a mile long, but he was not a murderer. He quickly switched sides, helping the Freedom League defeat Mastermind and his other former teammates. After Mastermind escaped and the rest of the Crime League was brought in, Cheshire Cat managed to slip away. He needed to disappear, and headed for the West Coast. Some time later, Cheshire Cat was approached by the Second Raven (now retired), with an opportunity to redeem his criminal past/ There was a team starting up called the Emerald Tower, and the Raven thought it might be a good fresh start for Cheshire.

Cheshire Cat - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
    Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Roll 6, Evasion, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Set-up, Taunt

Skills
    Acrobatics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Cat Claws: Damage 8 9 (+12), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise: Criminal Underworld 7 (+7), Insight 5 (+5), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 7 (+7), Sleight of Hand 7 (+8), Stealth 5 (+9)

Powers
    Cat Claws: Damage 8 (DC 23)
    Movement: Movement 4 (Permeate 2: speed rank -1, Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
    Senses: Senses 2 (Counters Illusion: Sight)
    Teleport: Teleport 5 (900 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.)
    We're All Mad Here!
    . . Illusion: Illusion 10 (Affects: Two Sense Types - Sight and Sound, Area: 1000 cft., DC 20)
    . . Illusionary Damage: Damage 10 (DC 25; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception; Resistible: Will)
    . . Lights Out!: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)

Offense
    Initiative +12
    Cat Claws: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
    Grab, +3 (DC Spec 10)
    Illusionary Damage: Damage 10 (DC Will 25)
    Lights Out!: Cumulative Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
    Throw, +1 (DC 15)
    Unarmed, +3 (DC 15)

Complications
    A Taste for the Finer Things: Alexander got into catburglary in order to sate his desire for 'the high life'. He has a weakness for luxury along with wine, women and song. He will often be distracted by them.
    Building Noteriety: It's not just enough to beat his enemies, Cheshire Cat must taunt them in some way, be it with name calling or a simple calling card.
    Cat People: Cheshire Cat has a thin tail, pointed ears and bright yellow cat eyes. He doesn't exactly blend into a crowd.
    Enemy- The Crime League: Cheshire Cat was once a member of the most recent incarnation of the Crime League. When he found out that their most recent plot would kill millions of people in Freedom City, he switched sides and helped the Freedom League stop his former teammates. Needless to say, his former teammates are not happy with him.

Languages
    English

Defense
    Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 4, Toughness 8/2, Will 5

Power Points
    Abilities 24 + Powers 70 + Advantages 14 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 160

I'll get a post up in Fistful of Nazis a little later.
    Last edited by dreamking89; Yesterday at 08:09 PM.
    What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by dreamking89 View Post
    Cheshire Cat

Looks nice, I'll be looking forward to the Fistful run!

Keeper of Secrets

I am going to have to bow out of contention for this one. Finding the time to fully run through Fistful of Nazis is proving troublesome.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by mrdent12 View Post
    I am going to have to bow out of contention for this one. Finding the time to fully run through Fistful of Nazis is proving troublesome.
    The Fistful run is optional, but if you're having time shortages and wish to bow out that's completely understandable.
    Sad to see you go, hope things get easier on you soon.