Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GR books in Europe

OPA Belta

GR books in Europe

For European gamers who are into Green Ronin games, there is one significant obstacle that is currently manifesting itself again with the FA Companion: distribution. There is none. Or rather, GR titles pop up now and then at some shop or another, but mostly, not there.

My adventures of trying to buy the FA Companion: waiting for Amazon's expected delivery date of June 12th, meaning today. Shortly after midnight, Amazon.de presented the opportunity to order from a British shop with a delivery day somewhat toward the end of June. Amazon.co.uk simply says: not available. Order nonethelesss and we'll deliver when available - whenever.

This alone might cost GR some market share. As much as I like AGE, I am seriously considering changing to a game system for which books appear more frequently and are available on my home market without a glitch.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Re: GR books in Europe

We have distributors in Europe. Esdevium is the main one, but other European distributors have our games, too.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble ordering our games from game stores.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

As a french Green Ronin fan, I can tell of my experience.

It is relatively hard to find GR product in Paris hobby store (mainly L'Oeuf Cube, Jeux Descartes and Starplayer) so I do not want to imagine for province hobby store. Sometimes I find a M&M products. In fact, the only M&M book for the 3rd edition I found in these stores were the core book (standard edition, not deluxe), the Gadget Guide, the Emerald City book (and it was wayyy expensive) and that's all.

The other products, I ordered them on Noble Knight (Hero High 2nd, Icons AE, Cosmic Handbook).

Amazon.fr is not enough furbished in US RPG books and there is also some sellers who are completely disconnected from reality when they set prices (I saw an Rogue Trader book at 1000 €) so yeah, it is a bit sad I thing...I have bought FC3e in PDF on Drivethru because I don't know at all if I will find it here...

During M&M1E and 2E era, it was easier to find M&M books...
    God forgive...not me

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

So, it's not us selling our books on Amazon, just so you know. We sell our books into distribution, and we do mail order from our store. All of our books are available via European distributors, so every game store in Europe can get them.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Maybe you can contact the shop owner :

https://www.starplayer.fr/

https://www.oeufcube.com/

http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/

They told me they don't buy these products because they do not find them
    God forgive...not me

Protomolecule Host

Hm, seems not to be a problem in germany. I checked Amazon right now, they offer some (but not all books) with prime delivery, which means tomorrow in my hands if I'd order now. And you can order at amazon.de using an account from another country as far as I know.

The "Sphärenmeister Spiele" online shop https://www.sphaerenmeisters-spiele.de/ has Green Ronin products available. I checked some of the Age Games minutes ago, these are deliverable within Germany within two days, send within the EU ost possible.

OPA Belta

Esdevium is an arm of Asmodee - they were bought ~8 years years back IIRC? And rebranded as Asmodee UK at the beginning of this year.

My FLGS (Travelling man in York, North of England, one of a chain of four) mostly source their stuff from Asmodee / Esdevium and usually have no issue sourcing GR books: there's just a delay between them hitting US distribution and reaching this side of the Atlantic.

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by NickMiddleton; 06-13-2018 at 06:41 AM.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by NickMiddleton View Post
    Esdevium is an arm of Asmodee - they were bought ~8 years years back IIRC? And rebranded as Asmodee UK at the beginning of this year.

My FLGS (Travelling man in York, North of England, one of a chain of four) mostly source their stuff from Asmodee / Esdevium and usually have no issue sourcing GR books: there's just a delay between them hitting US distribution and reaching this side of the Atlantic.

Cheers,

Nick
    This is also my experience in the UK. My local shop also orders from Asmodee. I also check their new releases schedule every week and there is no mention of the Fantasy AGE Companion. I ordered from amazon.co.uk, but to no avail. I might order it from amazon.com as shipping is reasonable and the shipping is only a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by ryhopewood; 06-13-2018 at 07:30 AM. Reason: typo

OPA Belta

Normally, Sphaerenmeister ist my to go adress for GR books, and by and large they are well stocked with them. But the FA Companion seems to be a special case.

Strangely enough, a British shop today has dispatched a copy of the FA Companion to me, after I ordered from the German Amazon site. Isn't that strange? Because British Amazon does NOT (yet) offer that.

Now I have to hope that Royal Mail is indeed going to deliver this item to me (in a non-trackable package, grrr) in the promised two to three weeks - which is, by the way, more time than the ancient Romans needed for a military dispatch between Egypt and Britain. If only international postage would return to those really fast delivery systems of riders, runners and galleys!

OPA Belta

The situation in Germany for English language games is increasingly dire, except for people wo play D&D and Pathfinder.

As the Fantasy Age Companion is definitely not available in the country, I ordered a second copy in France - the last one Amazon.fr had in stock. Hopefully, at least one of the two books (from the UK and France) will arrive.