Thread: How to build MCU Mirror Dimension powers in 3e?

Inceptor

How to build MCU Mirror Dimension powers in 3e?

My question is pretty much just the title. I have a decent understanding of how the system works, though I haven't played many games, but I'm just stumped on this particular set of powers. If you don't know what I'm talking about/need a refresher, this fight scene has a pretty good sampling of things I'd like to be able to do. Here's another scene, but effects of this scale would probably be too expensive. Overall, I'd like to be able to mess with gravity, manipulate the environment in fractal patterns, bend space, create weird fighting environments, etc.

I know the Environment effect could accomplish some of this, like having an area around me with decreased movement speed and maybe visibility due to the terrain twisting. Some kind of Sustained Area Move Object resisted by Dodge and limited to emulating gravity, or something like that, could take care of the gravity part, though it doesn't really make sense to me that anyone could resist gravity without escaping the power's area of effect. A Create effect, with the Movable extra and maybe limited to creating fractal copies/distortions of objects/scenery, could take care of a lot of the rest, but it seems a little clunky. And I'm not really sure how to approach things like bending buildings, twisting rooms, rearranging surroundings, and such: maybe some combination of Move Object and Transform, along with some other modifiers on the aforementioned effects, but I don't know if I can "legally" link the two, and iirc Transform has to affect entire objects, meaning I couldn't reshape a wall unless I had enough ranks to affect the entire building.

The game will be PL 14 in a homebrew cosmic setting. To help you get a feel for the flavor of the powers I want, the character I plan to play is an immortal sorcerer who sequestered themself alone on a remote planet for thousands of years after a magically-induced paradox damaged spacetime across countless versions of reality. During this time, they learned to take advantage of the damage to reality to augment their magic, but using these abilities for too long without checking them will result in their effects spiraling out of control and causing distortion and mayhem. I'd like these powers to have pretty substantial and wide-reaching effects, paired with increasingly significant consequences the more often they're used and the longer they're in effect. This character is meant to play more of a support role: while they can hold their own in combat, they prefer to serve as a battlefield controller, advantaging their allies and hindering their opponents.

(If this is the wrong place for this thread, I can move it or something. I haven't really been on these forums much before.)

Keeper of Secrets

Re: How to build MCU Mirror Dimension powers in 3e?

You're really going to just have to go case-by-case. Your analysis seems to be pretty solid, so you've got a good start.
    Area Move Object works well for gravity field things, I suggest making it resisted with best of Speed/Lifting/Mass to dodge the "He dodged the gravity" issue.
    Transform has no "all or nothing" restriction that I'm aware of, I believe you can transform part of something if desired. Should be linkable with Move Object so long as the ranges match.