Thread: Two more Blue Rose lore questions

UN Basic Recipient

Two more Blue Rose lore questions

Thanks again for helping me with my last lore question (about vata). I have a couple more that I'm curious about.

1. Reincarnation. Is there anyone in "official" stories or lore who remembers a past life? I'm considering having one of my PCs remember a previous incarnation, and was wondering if there was any basis for this (other than DM choice!).

2. La'al-Deanna (page 244) and other spirits like her. This is a malevolent spirit who possesses bodies to use as her own. I want to use a spirit like this in my game, but I'm wondering what happens to the host? Are they still inside their body, unconscious? Or conscious, but unable to act? Or perhaps the spirit is displaced, leaving the body an empty (dead) shell when the possessing spirit departs? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Two more Blue Rose lore questions

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCastles View Post
    Thanks again for helping me with my last lore question (about vata). I have a couple more that I'm curious about.

1. Reincarnation. Is there anyone in "official" stories or lore who remembers a past life? I'm considering having one of my PCs remember a previous incarnation, and was wondering if there was any basis for this (other than DM choice!).

2. La'al-Deanna (page 244) and other spirits like her. This is a malevolent spirit who possesses bodies to use as her own. I want to use a spirit like this in my game, but I'm wondering what happens to the host? Are they still inside their body, unconscious? Or conscious, but unable to act? Or perhaps the spirit is displaced, leaving the body an empty (dead) shell when the possessing spirit departs? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    1. I can't find anything in the core. I'd say make it up. But make it cool. Make it matter.

2. Same here. I see nothing but that sidebar to build on, so you should build as needed.

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like I'm not missing anything "official," so I'll do what's best for my story.

UN Basic Recipient

That's always the right answer.