Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&M 4e?

M&M 4e?

I just spent a small fortune catching up on all the new M&M books that have come along since I left the game a while back.
    I'm fairly eager to pick up copies of the 3 DC books I don't have as well, but they are now pricey being out of print.
    My question is, before I spend even more money on M&M 3e, are there any hints or rumors of 4e coming soon? I don't want to buy the DC books and then immediately move on to 4e.

Re: M&M 4e?

Quote Originally Posted by grimmshade View Post
    I just spent a small fortune catching up on all the new M&M books that have come along since I left the game a while back.
    I'm fairly eager to pick up copies of the 3 DC books I don't have as well, but they are now pricey being out of print.
    My question is, before I spend even more money on M&M 3e, are there any hints or rumors of 4e coming soon? I don't want to buy the DC books and then immediately move on to 4e.
    None. Steve Kenson was on a recent podcast and indicated that there were no plans.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Nope. We're still years away from starting to think about a 4e.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Awesome! Thanks guys.
    Looks like I'll be picking up the last few books then.

One more quick question. How many errors are in the print books for Heroes and Villains? It's out of print so I can't get the updated PDF's.
    Last edited by grimmshade; 06-02-2018 at 01:37 PM.

M&M Line Dev Freebooter Omega Girl's Avatar

I'm much more interested in using the system we have now and flexing it more to see what it can do than re-inventing it. If we did a new edition (and there are currently no plans for it, to put your fears to rest), I'd champion for a "3rd edition, revised" to clarify the existing rules rather than reinventing them.

OPA Belta

I'd like it if some of the conditions were revised: things like Hindered, and sometimes Dazed, don't feel worth taking. Because their effects don't interact with the rest of the system much it wouldn't be as big of a deal changing them.

Omega Girl - Thanks for the reply! Good to hear considering I've just bought the last of the 3e books I didn't yet own.
    I like the idea of flexing 3e, and I'd be all over a book with revisions and clarifications. Maybe even a companion to the new Basic Hero's Handbook.

OPA Belta

One area that might be worth flexing is alternate genre books, ala 2e's Warriors & Warlocks and Mecha & Manga. Seeing as Green Ronin now has AGE for lower-powered stuff they would probably want to focus any M&M genre expansions on high-powered stuff in the vein of stuff like Exalted for fantasy and shonen for manga/anime.

That kind of stuff would be amazing!

UN Basic Recipient

Yeah, keep 3e, revise, expand, but please no new edition. M&M 3e is almost perfect, sure there are a few changes I'd make, but nothing that a Masterminds Manual 3e (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) couldn't fix. I'm still hoping for a Mecha and Manga and Warriors and Warlocks 3e to be announced. Two of the best books from 2e in my opinion. Though the 3rd party products of Metahuman Martial Arts 3e and Better Mousetrap 3e scratch a lot of the new rules itch.
    I'm a sucker for new mechanics and rules expansions. I know a lot of people hate rules bloat, but I love having dozens, even hundreds of books to look through. And with my memory I have no trouble going through them and figuring out what I want and which books I need at my table, or directing my players towards the correct books.