Thread: A New Player's Confusion about Arrays

A New Player's Confusion about Arrays

So, I've read and reread what I can find about Power Arrays for M&M 3e, but I just cannot seem to wrap my head around them. Also, hello all. I literally just registered because I've been getting that super heroic itch recently, so wanted to jump in over here and see what I could do.

Anyways, from what I gather, arrays are alternate powers that are worth less than or equal to the primary power of the array, but only cost the 1 additional point over it, with the proviso that they cannot be used simultaneously with one another. Am I correct in that understanding?

Also, am I correct in putting this here, rather than somewhere else?

Keeper of Secrets

Re: A New Player's Confusion about Arrays

Welcome again to the forums!

Your understanding is correct so far as I can tell. Putting it in my own words:
    An Array is a collection of powers. It costs as much as the most expensive power, plus 1 for each other power. However, you can only use one of those powers at once (which is why you get a discount).

This question could have also gone in Mutants & Masterminds Rules, but nobody's really going to care either way.

Don't forget that all Array powers come from the same source, so disabling or weakening one affects them all.

Aside from that, you have Dynamic. For allocating an Array, you can choose to take the largest point total and distribute it among one or more Dynamic powers. If at least one rank is active in a power, all Quirks and Flat Extras are also present. Dynamic array slots cost an extra PP each.

Hm, thanks both of you. It helps a lot, I think.