Thread: Yo-yo?

Protomolecule Host

Question Yo-yo?

How would you fine people use a yo-yo in game? I mean either as a skill or a power description mind you.

OPA Belta

Re: Yo-yo?

As a skill, Expertise: Yo-Yo.
    As a power, I'd think I'd start with Damage (hit people with it), a Snare-style Affliction (entangle people with it), maybe buy the Fascinate advantage or put some ranks of Indirect on. If it's got a really long string, make everything ranged and throw some ranks of Homing or Ricochet on.

Protomolecule Host

Nice, what about using it as a weapon as originally done (I think) in the philipenes?

That's pretty much just a Ranged Damage 1, Diminished Range 3 weapon, for a single equipment point.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

yeah, your basic gadget yo-yo's essentially a whip

OPA Belta

On further thought, some Deception Limited or Quirked to only function for feinting with the yo-yo could also be thematic, for strange combat tricks.

Protomolecule Host

Question Re: Yo-yo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    On further thought, some Deception Limited or Quirked to only function for feinting with the yo-yo could also be thematic, for strange combat tricks.
    Like “walk the dog”?

OPA Belta

Yeah, things like that. Throw the yo-yo at their stomach and have it roll right up their chest to hit them in the chin. Flick the yo-yo at the wall beside them and have it bounce off parallel to the wall and clock them in the back of the head.
    A yo-yo is basically a spinning wheel on a string, and so can behave in some very interesting and unintuitive ways which would be perfect for feinting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    Or, if your GM is into it, simply a custom Advantage that lets you use Expertise (Yo-yo) for feint checks.