Thread: Using Icons for campaign

Question Using Icons for campaign

Hello

I have Icons Assembled Edition since 2015 but I have only GM it twice in one-shots.

Recently I have noticed that I am not as keen as I was when I was younger to play crunchier games so I have been been looking for a superhero rpg with lighter rules and after a few discussions on rpg.net, people there told me that Icons AE (and even the previous Icons told me Soylent Green) could be used for campaign. I was considering using Bash Ultimate Edition because I was impressed after reading it but I am not sure I want to run a game with multiplications and dice multiplier and a lot of Hit Points even if the game is good, Icons is simpler, 1D6+X - 1D6+Y = result is simple enough for me plus there is a ton of good reviews of the game on internet so I really consider Icons this time .

I am not in a hurry, I am still running Tomb of Annihilation (D&D5) and a super campaign would be probably in several months at best.

I own also the PDF copy of Great Powers (I am not sure of using it), Origins (I will probably use the by the number creation option), A to Z (I will probably use it too), Stark City and The Great Game.

I have a few questions even if I am more knowledgeable now about the game than I was before :

- I don't think I will make a dark & gritty campaign but in the case I would, how do you change the rules to make Gritty with Icons who is by default more silver age-ish ?
    - how do you make a normal people/paranormal powers/paragons-style campaign with Icons ?
    - one of my player is convinced that Icons is a good game but for one-shots and pick-up game only, he told me than the game lacks details, depth and nuance so it could be that players do not feel as rich and complete as a more meaty game like Bash or M&M, How do I convince him ?
    - has any GM here has already runned the M&M Classics : time of crisis, time of vengeance with Icons and how it was ?

I am looking for others questions but if you are a campaign Icons's GM please, feel free to share your experience here. I am an experienced GM but not with Icons so any feedback is good to know .

Regards,

Merlyn.
    God forgive...not me

Re: Using Icons for campaign

So nobody uses Icons for campaign here ?
    God forgive...not me