Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Inceptor

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolución View Post
    Hey Loki, havent decided on a starting date so far. Your numbers look good. Although I need to point out that your ninja has 0 dex and agility. While it would be fine, it does sound kinda strange that he is a toughness oriented instead of parry/dodge oriented, wont you say so? That type of defenses would be more logical on a samurai. And you probably want one of these, a ninjato, instead of a katana
    I appreciate you looking over the character so quickly.

Definitely a ninjato. Revising that as we speak.

I would totally agree that my route is not the traditional one for a ninja build. My rationale was that all of his abilities come from his powers, and they give the impression of him being very agile (avoiding damage by turning insubstantial, navigating terrain with his shadow slide, and avoiding detection with Concealment). Hopefully the background, with its absolute hatred of the Samurai, will explain it better than I am able to here.

p.s. With Concealment 8 is there any reason to put points into Stealth? I was thinking I might give him points in more roleplaying-type skills, like make him an artist or a cook or something similar. Guessing I should keep Hide in Plain Sight even if I dump Stealth though, as it still would have value, correct?

Keeper of Secrets

> With Concealment 8 is there any reason to put points into Stealth?
    There's three reasons.
    The first is that Concealment 8 isn't enough to cover all senses, you need Concealment 10 to get concealment from everything but Tactile. That said, you've got enough points in the array to have Concealment 10.
    The second is that no amount of Concealment will let you be invisible to a Ranged Tactile sense, but Stealth can do just fine against it. Same for a Counters Concealment sense that can bypass your Concealment.
    The third, and biggest, is that your Concealment is in an array. If you ditch Stealth, you'll be completely inept at hiding while using the other array modes.

As a side note, you have both Darkvision and Low-Light Vision. The first makes the second obsolete, so you can drop Low-Light Vision with no repercussions.

Inceptor

Thanks Nunya, making those alterations as we speak.
    Last edited by Loki; 05-21-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling is hard in the morning

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post

Game Statistics

PL 8, 115 PP
    Would Hama have 5 more PP to spend?

Keeper of Secrets

Yes, she's under budget. As I mentioned in the mechanical comments I've left those free on purpose.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    Yes, she's under budget. As I mentioned in the mechanical comments I've left those free on purpose.
    Just for interest,

What would the rationale/advantage for leaving points unspent? Are they maintained somehow when the game goes live?

No advantages that I can see, I guess afterwards when you get additional pps its easier to push up your caps to new PLs
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Keeper of Secrets

The idea is she has power that she's unaware of, so it hasn't been bought yet.
    Her heritage lets her assume a draconic form, but she's currently unaware that her powers are the result of being the granddaughter of a mizuchi. Since this would be a non-trivial PP expense, I need to keep the PP "on hand" if I want to be able to buy it anytime soon after she learns IC that she has it.