Thread: BackHouse Comics

Inceptor

BackHouse Comics

Welcome to BackHouse Comics. This is a reboot of my Earth 1066 world. Also known as the Hastings setting. The reason for the reboot is to provide more structure for my Universe, as things were spiraling out of control quickly.
    I am going to be working from a ‘top-down’ approach. This helps to keep that structure and keep relative levels of power in mind.

The BackHouse Comics ‘verse, is steeped in history. Multigalactic forces battle across entire realities and throughout all of time. The fall out from these battles destroy countless lives, and benefit the few. Earth 1066 is often caught in the crossfire and is in a constant battle for its own survival. This is a world in which conflict is not only constant, often it is necessary.
    The Supremacy battles the creators of other Multi-Verses. To do this he draws power from the Astral Tempest. The Astral Tempest intern draws its power from the conflicts in realities like ours.

Now when I say ‘top-down’ I MEAN IT! The first character up will be the setting’s fictional creator; The Supremacy. All the beings I stat out and give some info on in this first run will be Multi-Cosmic level. Meaning that they have the power to travel between the Astral and other realities, and have large scale effects.

I made a quick and dirty power scale to help me stay within the power levels I am looking to hit.

PL 6 Public Danger
    PL 8 Alpha Humans
    PL 10 Municipal Threat/ Beta Level Meta Humans
    PL 12 Regional Threat/ Gama Level Meta Humans
    PL 13 National Threat/ Omega Level Meta Humans
    PL 15 Planetary Threat
    PL 20 Stellar Threat
    PL 25 Multi Stellar Threat
    PL 30 Galactic Threat
    PL 35 Cosmic Level Threat
    PL 40 Multi Cosmic Level Threat
    PL 50 Astral Level Threat

Im looking for constructive criticism as I go about detailing my setting. Feedback is welcome.

Inceptor

Re: BackHouse Comics

Reserved

Inceptor

THE SUPREMACY!

I am your creator. I created the astral sea and the multi-verse. I breathed light into the stars and filled worlds with life. I wrote the fundamental laws. This is all by my design for I am the creator of everything and everything is a part of me. As reality expands and life spreads, I grow the stronger for it.

Rejoice that I grow stronger, for I am not alone. There are other creators besides me. There is conflict between us. It is a battle for existence in which their can be no negotiations, no truce, no peace. There is only conflict.

My enemies are legion and if I were to stop fighting for only a moment, they would destroy all my creation.

Notes: Here is The Supremacy, who fills the same role in my setting as the One Above All fills for Marvel Comics. Hopefully this blurb
    answers; who he is, why he created everything, and why he doesn’t pay attention to it. I am not going to stat him out, but he is
    considered a PL 64. He is the size of the entire multiverse, and wields a meteor hammer he forged from an entire dimension.

THE FUNDAMENTALS

We were the first ones. Born with the astral, we were twelve in number. We are the Fundamentals of reality (Time, Matter, Thought, Soul, Might, Magic, Technology, Energy, Speed, Space, Fate, and Knowledge).

We twelve gathered up the smallest portion of the Astral and separated it into the first reality. We formed the Comic Beings to spread life, and gave birth to The Phage to reap life.

The Phage was a mistake. We underestimated its hunger for life. When the balance was threatened we locked it back in the deepest portions of the astral to keep it contained and give life a chance.

We were the first, but there was one more; SERNOJET! The thirteenth fundamental sought not to expand reality, but to siphon its power so that he could oppose the Supremacy itself. When Sernojet sought to dominate the first reality, he proved unstoppable, until the Astral Champion stepped in. The champion did not slay Sernojet, for that would disrupt the balance. Instead The Astral Champion split the first reality into infinite pieces, so that Sernojet could not control them all.

Still Sernojet seeks to control all of reality one dimension at a time. Still we oppose him. Still we seek to spread both life and death to maintain the balance.
    Notes: Just a quick look at the PL levels were dealing with
    The Supremacy PL64
    Astra PL 50
    The Astral Champion PL 42
    Sernojet PL40
    The Phage PL38
    The Fundamentals PL30+
    Tesserrex (PL 35):
    Lady Muerta PL28
    Galaxia PL22
    Cosmic Beings PL 20+

THE COSMIC BEINGS
    The Cosmic beings were created in first reality to help foster life. When the multi-veres was created these beings were not recreated in each universe, but they do travel between them.

The most active and benevolent of all the cosmic beings is Galaxia. She opposes both The Phage and Sernojet as best she can by bestowing the Power Galaxia upon mortal champions.

Lady Muerta is also a cosmic being who is Galaxia’s opposite. Muerta took on the role of ‘Reaper of Life’ after the phage was imprisoned. Time after time she has betrayed the other cosmic beings and sided with forces that would destroy all life and upset the balance.
    Last edited by Anton1066; 05-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Inceptor

Sernojet - PL 40

Strength 50, Stamina 50, Agility 15, Dexterity 10, Fighting 15, Intellect 25, Awareness 10, Presence 10

Advantages
    All-out Attack, Artificer, Assessment, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills
    Expertise: Cosmic 10 (+35), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+30), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 5 (+30), Treatment 5 (+30)

Powers
    Fundamental Being
    . . Comprehend: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
    . . Immortality: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)
    . . Immunity: Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep)
    . . Movement: Movement 6 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 50 lbs., Space Travel 3: other galaxies)
    Potency
    . . Cosmic Armor (Saving Throw: Toughness; Impervious [10 extra ranks])
    . . Domination: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 40 (3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 50; Perception Area: DC 50 - Sight, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited Degree (third only))
    . . . . Contempt: Perception Area Damage 32 (Alternate; DC 47; Alternate Resistance: Will, Perception Area: DC 42 - Sight, Increased Range 2: perception)
    . . . . Hatred: Perception Area Damage 40 (Alternate; DC 55; Perception Area: DC 50 - Sight, Increased Range 2: perception)
    . . . . Judgement: Perception Area Mind Reading 40 (Alternate; DC 50; Perception Area: DC 50 - Sight)
    . . Fundamental Power: Variable 20
    . . Star Size: Growth 50 (+50 STR, +50 STA, +25 Intimidate, -50 Stealth, -25 active defenses, +5 size ranks, +50 mass ranks, +)

Offense
    Initiative +25
    Contempt: Perception Area Damage 32 (DC Will 47)
    Domination: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 40 (DC Will 50)
    Grab, +15 (DC Spec 60)
    Hatred: Perception Area Damage 40 (DC 55)
    Judgement: Perception Area Mind Reading 40 (DC Will 50)
    Throw, +15 (DC 65)
    Unarmed, +15 (DC 65)

Languages
    All

Defense
    Dodge -7, Parry -7, Fortitude 50, Toughness 50, Will 30

Power Points
    Abilities 170 + Powers 433 + Advantages 13 + Skills 18 (35 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 660

It is known that SernoJet was one of the original 13 Fundamental beings. Some say he was the first, others the last. Many believe that Sernojet is the most powerful being in all reality. Dwarfing other prime evils like Phage, all cosmic beings, Tesserex and his 12 brothers. The only thing that is known for certain, is that he is entirely evil.

SernoJet has only had one goal since his beginning, total domination of all realities. SernoJet believes that if he can dominate the multi-verse he can siphon off its power and finally overthrow his father. One reality after another has fallen, in his endless pursuits.

While Sernojet boasts massive strength and physical abilities, its his mind that is the most dangerous. His mind control abilities, known as the Tyrants Domination, is capable of bending entire galaxies to Sernojet’s will. It works on the basis that anyone who perceives the awesome power wielded by Sernojet’s magnum will automatically succumbs to him. In many was its not truly a power. It’s a property of the power wielded by one as great and terrible as sernojet.

While he can take on many appearances, SernoJet most often appears as a warrior covered in black and white armor. Dwarfing most foes by hundreds, if not thousands of feet.

Inceptor

Phage - PL 44

Strength 48, Stamina 20, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 20, Intellect 3, Awareness -5, Presence -5

Advantages
    Benefit, Galactic Reputation 10, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Startle, Takedown 2

Skills
    Perception 38 (+33)

Powers
    Innumerable Forms: Shapeshift 21 (Action: move)
    . . Death of Worlds (Powers: Concealment: Concealment 2, Elongation: Elongation 10, Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 13, Growth: Growth 82, Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4, Speed: Speed 8)
    . . . . Concealment: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight)
    . . . . Elongation: Elongation 10 (Elongation: 30 miles, +10 to grab)
    . . . . Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 13 (13 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab)
    . . . . Growth: Growth 82 (+41 Intimidate, -82 Stealth, -41 active defenses, +5 size ranks, +2 speed ranks; Limited to Increasing Size Only)
    . . . . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Affects Corporeal 2, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Precise)
    . . . . Speed: Speed 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
    Shadow Phage: Summon 14 (Active, Heroic, Mental Link)
    Undying
    . . Immortality: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)
    . . Immunity: Immunity 15 (Interaction Skills, Life Support)
    . . Morph: Morph 4 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Any form)
    . . Regeneration: Regeneration 30 (3 per round; Persistent)
    You can't Outrun Death: Movement 9 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 50 lbs., Permeate 1: speed rank -2, Slithering, Space Travel 3: other galaxies, Sure-footed 1)

Power Settings
    Death of Worlds (Powers: Concealment: Concealment 2, Elongation: Elongation 10, Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 13, Growth: Growth 82, Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4, Speed: Speed 8)

Offense
    Initiative +5
    Grab, +30 (DC Spec 68)
    Throw, +5 (DC 63)
    Unarmed, +20 (DC 63)

Languages
    Many

Defense
    Dodge -26, Parry -21, Fortitude 20, Toughness 20, Will 38

Power Points
    Abilities 182 + Powers 354 + Advantages 16 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 53 = 624

The great mistake of the fundamental beings, Phage was their first attempt to create death. Of all the possible evils in the multiverse, phage is the darkest. He cannot be reasoned with or tricked. He only exists to consume life on a cosmic scale as fast as he can.

Phage grows in power the more life he consumes. As his form becomes larger, his hunger grows. If allowed free reign, its likely that phage could quickly grow beyond the power of the fundamentals or even the astral champion to deal with.
    Locked away since the earliest days of time, phage has only one motivation, to break free.

While he is trapped in the astral, Phage has shown the manifest himself in the physical world. The Emissary of phage, is known as Shadow Phage. While Shadow Phage shares many of the same abilities as phage himself, albeit to a much lesser extent, Shadow Phage usually possess a much keener intellect and a refined persona.

Phage appears as a monster able to dwarf entire planets in size, with dozens of tentacles able to stretch to nearby stars. When Phage chooses to communicate with someone, it assumes the form of a giant skull illuminated with fiery light.

Shadow Phage can take on any number of forms and usually prefers subtlety.