Thread: Sckribe: Oozewill/Biological Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze"

UN Basic Recipient

Sckribe: Oozewill/Biological Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze"

Hello, Sckribe Here, New to Mutants & Masterminds and I just finished making my first character here using the base 3e book & Demo Hero Lab, feedback from the experienced is appreciated, glad to be meeting you all.

Oozewill(Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze") (N=Native to Earth, B= Biological, P=Psychic/Psionic.)
    PL: 10

Hair/Eyes: N/A

Point Spread: 8 (Abilities) + 114 (Powers) + 9 (Advantages) + 12 (Skills) + 7 (Defenses) = 150
    Abilities
    Strength:1
    Agility:-2
    Fighting:1
    Awareness:3
    Stamina:10
    Dexterity:-2
    Intellect:-4
    Presence:-3
    Defenses
    Dodge:-2
    Parry:1
    Fortitude:10
    Toughness:10
    Will:10 ( Ability 3 + 7 Points)
    Skill
    Expertise: Biology [Earth] 24 (12 Points, 24 Ranks.)
    Powers
    Name (Mechanics); [Descriptors] Extras|Flaws
    Cell Sight (Senses 5); [Biological] Microscopic Vision 3: Molecule-Size, Radius (Type): Visual, Innate.
    Cell Swap (Healing 1); [Biological] Persistent, Restorative (4 Ranks), Resurrection, Stabilize|Emphatic, Limited (2 Ranks) Only Others, Only Biological.
    Cellular Being (Regeneration 30); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] 3 Per Round; Innate, Persistent
    Collective Knowledge (Comprehend 6); [Psychic] Animals - Understand, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Plants
    Metabolic Extremophile (Feature 2); [Biological] Capable of Consuming Anything that has the 'Biological' Descriptor.
    Re-Emerge (Immortality 2); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] Return After 1 Week.
    Ooze Body (Insubstantial 1); [Biological, Psionic, Fluid] Innate|Noticeable: Blob of Ooze, Permanent
    Primordial (Immunity 15); [Biological] Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (All), Fatigue Effects, Poison, Sleep, Suffocation (Drowning)

Advantages (11)
    Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Ultimate Effort: Healing, Prone Fighting, Sidekick, Weapon Bind.
    Complications
    Prone to Accidents: As an Ooze-like being made up of single-cells and powered by earth's Collective psychic unconscious, the idea of close contact meaning friendship, (ex, Hugging and other species equivalents) is known to Entity 4105-NBP, however, being primarily liquid/cytoplasmic and capable of suffocation leads to frequent times of "Hug-Ocation", which has been observed to stop when Entity 4105-NBP notices they are no longer conscious, or when external forces remove the receiver of said "hug". It has also shown to be clumsy in more traditional senses.
    Weakness: Entity 4105-NBP shows an extreme weakness to any form of Fire. (Not quite sure what'd be reasonable for this, I was thinking something very large, possibly enough to counteract the Regeneration, any recommendations?)
    Motivation (Protection): It has been theorized that among the most prominent things in the collective unconscious is the desire to shelter the nice or beneficial, and to be Sheltered. As Entity 4105-NBP has been documented to say, "Protect. Good."
    Complication (Pacifistic): While Entity 4105-NBP would hunt for food if absolutely necessary, it prefers scavenging and foraging and goes to abnormal lengths to avoid harming various species, more extreme lengths for species observed to be "More" Sentient and/or Sapient than others. It has never been observed to kill a Human, at absolute most, it has either purposefully or accidentally choked/suffocated until the target was incapacitated.
    Complication (Prejudice): Due to many factors such as its low intelligence, non-humanoid nature, and vocalizations described as sounding "Reminiscent of a Drowning Man", many researchers have refused to work with Entity 4105-NBP, given these are trained researchers, it is well believed common public opinion would be potentially worse.

Head Research Scientist of Entity 4105-NBP: Dr. Alexandros William (Sidekick)
    Non-Standard Abilities
    Strength: -1
    Fighting: -1
    Intellect: 4
    Skill
    Expertise: Biology 4 (1 Point, 2 Ranks.)
    Complications
    Responsibility: Has research projects not involving Entity 4105-NBP, as well as office picnics/balls/etc.
    Relationship: Has a sickly wife and family to support and take care of.

Note from Head Researcher William: Entity 4105-NBP has escaped its holding unit, Priority Level Orange, show no intent to harm and coerce it into a portable containment unit if encountered.
    Last edited by Sckribe; 05-01-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Typo Correction

Protomolecule Host

Re: Sckribe: Oozewill/Biological Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze"

M&M is normally a team game. So the first thing I would ask is, what does your character bring to the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sckribe View Post
    Hello, Sckribe Here, New to Mutants & Masterminds and I just finished making my first character here using the base 3e book & Demo Hero Lab, feedback from the experienced is appreciated, glad to be meeting you all.

Oozewill(Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze") (N=Native to Earth, B= Biological, P=Psychic/Psionic.)

Hair/Eyes: N/A

Point Spread: 8 (Abilities) + 114 (Powers) + 9 (Advantages) + 12 (Skills) + 7 (Defenses) = 150
    Abilities
    Strength:1
    Fighting:1
    Awareness:3
    Stamina:10
    Intellect:-4
    Presence:-3
    Normally I'm not a huge fan of very high ability scores, because that's usually not efficient. Here is the opposite effect. Oozewill has an Intellect of -4. That is as low as it gets, literally animal-level intelligence, and should render Oozewill incapable of communication, which immediately takes it (him? her?) out of a team game. I don't mean he doesn't have a mouth (he could be psychic to enable him to talk) but with an Int of -4, there's just not much he could talk about.

I am a veteran of D&D, and I have had the misfortune of watching players with animal-intelligence scouts do very badly (since they have to rely on the unintelligent animal's descriptions). Once I had to deal with a subintelligent anthropomorphic pigeon (I think it would have been Int 7 in D&D terms, or -2 in M&M terms) that also didn't understand technology (it was a stone-age alien in a spacefaring game), but it could turn invisible (yeah, not a serious game). The other PCs insisted on using it as a scout despite my protests. It's reports so frightened the other PCs I had to double-check everything it said, for instance, mistaking a cleaning robot as something deadly. Please consider raising Oozewill's Intellect.

Defenses
    Dodge:-2
    Parry:1
    Will:10 ( Ability 3 + 7 Points)
    Since you're using software, I assume Oozewill's Toughness just comes from his high Stamina. He has Stamina 10, so it makes sense.

His Dodge and Parry are too low. Generally you want your Dodge and Parry to be a few points above or below the PL tradeoff. Here Oozewill is very easy to hit with ranged and melee attacks, but his Toughness is only average. I know he Regenerates a lot, but I don't think that's enough.

Skill
    Expertise: Biology [Earth] 24 (12 Points, 24 Ranks.)
    I take it this was done to give Oozewill an acceptable skill score. But that's his only skill. Presumably Oozewill can only use this power on himself, since he can't operate any sort of technology (he presumably has no hands, and has Intellect -4).

Powers
    Cell Sight (Senses 5); [Biological] Microscopic Vision 3: Molecule-Size, Radius (Type): Visual, Innate.
    I would probably toss in some other senses; he can probably "scent" things (even if only in water; this is basically the very first sense) and might have Touchsight (ranged Tough sense, aka Wavesense, Tremorsense, etc).

Cell Swap (Healing 1); [Biological] Persistent, Restorative (4 Ranks), Resurrection, Stabilize|Emphatic, Limited (2 Ranks) Only Others, Only Biological.
    Cellular Being (Regeneration 30); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] 3 Per Round; Innate, Persistent[/quote]

I presume this is why his Dodge and Parry are so low, but I don't think many DMs would let you take a power with triple the campaign PL value. It's probably not needed even for his ability to take damage from allies and then heal it.

Collective Knowledge (Comprehend 6); [Psychic] Animals - Understand, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Plants
    Given Oozewill's origins, being able to talk to animals and plants makes sense. What is the explanation for being able to speak and understand all languages?

Metabolic Extremophile (Feature 2); [Biological] Capable of Consuming Anything that has the 'Biological' Descriptor.
    Cool, suits the character perfectly, but is only worth one point (as it's mechanically the same as immunity to starvation).

Re-Emerge (Immortality 2); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] Return After 1 Week.
    Ooze Body (Insubstantial 1); [Biological, Psionic, Fluid] Innate|Noticeable: Blob of Ooze, Permanent
    Primordial (Immunity 15); [Biological] Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (All), Fatigue Effects, Poison, Sleep, Suffocation (Drowning)
    With the possible effect of immunity to poison and all environmental conditions, this makes sense to me.

Advantages (11)
    Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Ultimate Effort: Healing, Prone Fighting, Sidekick, Weapon Bind.
    Does he really need prone fighting? I think Super Movement (slithering) might make more sense.

Also, how big is Oozewill? As written he is Medium-sized. Usually I think of thinking blobs as something much bigger than a human (if only so they can run them down).

Some wise people suggested every M&M hero should have the following traits:

Offense: Fighting stuff. Oozewill seems to have no offense. I think a giant blob should be able to "swallow enemies whole". (Alas, this was easier to do in M&M 2e. It was basically a specialized Snare effect.) He has some grappling abilities but has a Strength of 1, which is about average. His unstoppable hug is easy to get out of (he has to be able to "hit" to establish a hold).

I can think of several things an ooze can do to have offense. Naturally, swallowing enemies whole. But also acting like a giant white blood cell and injecting an opponent with a cocktail of poisons (Weaken Stamina, perhaps tailor-made against opponents he has "tasted" for some small bonus).

Defense: Not dying. Oozewill's defenses are odd. He's basically (well, literally) unkillable, but has such weak defenses he will likely be missing weeks of in-universe time on a regular basis.

Movement: Getting places. Oozewill has no movement powers. I think Slithering and Swimming suit him fine. He could use some environmental adaptation features as well; not to resist damage, but to resist things such as pressure, cold environments, hot environments, etc.

Sensory: Collecting information. Oozewill can detect and (presumably) communicate with animalicules. I think he needs more Intellect to convey what he learns from them to other party members.

How does Oozewill see? I think Oozewill needs enhanced smell, even if Limited to underwater.

Utility: Being useful to the rest of the party. Any time I think of an ooze I think "Extra Limbs". Perhaps "Sustained", because Oozewill is presumably constantly generating and losing limbs like a giant ameba. But Oozewill could do nothing with his limbs except heal and maybe fight. He could take Elongation as well, even if that's Limited to his limbs. (Elongation could alternate with Remote Vision, replicating Oozewill growing long eyestalks or the like.)

Oozewill's empathic healing makes him very valued to teammates. Indeed this is his main party feature.

As a quasi-liquid, Oozewill could slip under doors, but he has those communication problems.

Head Research Scientist of Entity 4105-NBP: Dr. Alexandros William (Sidekick)
    Non-Standard Abilities
    Strength: -1
    Fighting: -1
    Intellect: 4
    Skill
    Expertise: Biology 4 (1 Point, 2 Ranks.)
    Complications
    Responsibility: Has research projects not involving Entity 4105-NBP, as well as office picnics/balls/etc.
    Relationship: Has a sickly wife and family to support and take care of.
    No equipment, and Fighting -1? Is the latter even possible? (I guess so, since you can have ability scores below 0, and Fighting is an ability score.) But seriously, the sidekick is simply a walking skill check. Since he can't fight, it would make sense to make him a minion anyway rather than a Sidekick, but even as a minion he is not a "fully-fledged" character. Also, as the head of the project, he should be stuck in the lab most of them time (and have a higher skill score as well). You might consider a younger, less-experienced scientist with a few abilities, even if they're all non-combat abilities, as his minion.

Note from Head Researcher William: Entity 4105-NBP has escaped its holding unit, Priority Level Orange, show no intent to harm and coerce it into a portable containment unit if encountered.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. But Oozewill can't hide, or really think, or swim through the sewers, so I don't see how Dr. William would have any trouble finding him. (Also, how would Dr. William communicate with Oozewill outside of the lab? It's not like Oozewill can use a cell phone.)

TLDR: Interesting character, but I think only interesting to one player, not to the rest of the team. Would make for a very interesting NPC, as NPCs don't need to fulfill a lot of roles.

OPA Belta

Basically going to be echoing Kimera757 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    M&M is normally a team game. So the first thing I would ask is, what does your character bring to the team?

Some wise people suggested every M&M hero should have the following traits:

Offense: Fighting stuff. Oozewill seems to have no offense. I think a giant blob should be able to "swallow enemies whole". (Alas, this was easier to do in M&M 2e. It was basically a specialized Snare effect.) He has some grappling abilities but has a Strength of 1, which is about average. His unstoppable hug is easy to get out of (he has to be able to "hit" to establish a hold).

I can think of several things an ooze can do to have offense. Naturally, swallowing enemies whole. But also acting like a giant white blood cell and injecting an opponent with a cocktail of poisons (Weaken Stamina, perhaps tailor-made against opponents he has "tasted" for some small bonus).

Defense: Not dying. Oozewill's defenses are odd. He's basically (well, literally) unkillable, but has such weak defenses he will likely be missing weeks of in-universe time on a regular basis.

Movement: Getting places. Oozewill has no movement powers. I think Slithering and Swimming suit him fine. He could use some environmental adaptation features as well; not to resist damage, but to resist things such as pressure, cold environments, hot environments, etc.

Sensory: Collecting information. Oozewill can detect and (presumably) communicate with animalicules. I think he needs more Intellect to convey what he learns from them to other party members.

How does Oozewill see? I think Oozewill needs enhanced smell, even if Limited to underwater.

Utility: Being useful to the rest of the party. Any time I think of an ooze I think "Extra Limbs". Perhaps "Sustained", because Oozewill is presumably constantly generating and losing limbs like a giant ameba. But Oozewill could do nothing with his limbs except heal and maybe fight. He could take Elongation as well, even if that's Limited to his limbs. (Elongation could alternate with Remote Vision, replicating Oozewill growing long eyestalks or the like.)
    INT -4 PRE -3 means you're basically the educational and social equivalent of a toddler. That's not always bad (I've got a INT -3 PRE -3 myself), but it severely limi what you can do with the character. More importantly, I don't get any feeling of how such a major character trait is intended to play out. A -3 is a big deal, but I barely see mention of how it'd impact them.

I can't recommend defenses that far under cap.

Regeneration 30 is just absurd overkill. I'd recommend cutting it down to Regen 10, and then throwing on another 10 ranks Limited to injuries from Emphatic Healing.

You have nothing worthwhile to do in combat but heal, so if somebody rolls up with an attack type you can't heal you're basically out of the fight.
    Likewise, if somebody picks you up and leaves with you, you're going to be unable to resist.
    Combat will not be fun for this character's player.
    Honestly, I don't think much would be fun for this character's player. There's so little the character can do if they're not healing. It's a classic case of "good idea done badly", which is normal for a newbie. I'd start by addressing the checklist I quoted, there's room here for a great character once the issues get smoothed out.

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks a ton for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I had a bad feeling 30 might have been 1. Too Risky for a DM to accept in pl10, 2. too big a drain on my PP, and 3. A bit much overkill. I'll re-work Oozewill, and then either edit this post to have a new, updated version, with some backstory and then see from there, thanks to both of you Kimera and Nunya.

EDIT: New Version, Lost Sidekick altogether among other changes.

Oozewill(Entity 4105-NBP: "Empathetic Ooze")

Hair: None
    Eyes: Eyes of all colors and creature ring around Entity 4105-NBP.
    Age: Estimated at Around/Upwards of 2.5 Million Years, Theorized to be among the oldest lifeforms native to Earth.

Point Spread: 18 (Abilities) + 101 (Powers) + 8 (Advantages) + 10 (Skill) + 7 (Defenses) = 150
    Abilities
    Strength: 5
    Fighting: 3
    Awareness: 1
    Stamina: 10
    Intellect:-3
    Presence:-2
    Defenses
    Dodge: 6 (Points +8)
    Parry: 8 (Points +5)
    Will: 1

Skill
    Expertise: Biology [Earth] 20 (10 Points, 20 Ranks.)

Powers
    Cell Sight (Senses 10); [Biological] Microscopic Vision 3: Molecule-Size, Radius (Type): Visual, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision, Innate.
    Cell Swap (Healing 10); [Biological] Persistent, Restorative (4 Ranks), Resurrection, Stabilize|Emphatic, Limited (2 Ranks) Only Others, Only Biological.
    Stem-Entirety (Regeneration 10); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] 1 Per Round; Innate, Persistent
    Metabolic Extremophile (Feature 1); [Biological] Capable of Consuming Anything that has the 'Biological' Descriptor without harm.
    Continuous Division (Immortality 2); [Biological, Psionic, Psychic] Returns After 1 Week.
    Cytoplasmic Traversal (Movement 4); [Biological] Safe Fall, Slithering, Wall-Crawling (2), Innate, Permanent
    Extendable Cytoplasm (Elongation 5) [Biological]
    Cytoplasmic Reshape (Extra Limbs 5); [Biological, Psionic] Sustained, Gives Improved Grab
    "Soup" Swimmer (Swimming 1) [Biological]

Advantages (11)
    Animal Empathy, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ultimate Effort: Healing, Weapon Bind.
    Complications
    Prone to Accidents: As an Ooze-like being made up of single-cells and powered by earth's Collective psychic unconscious, the idea of close contact meaning friendship, (ex, Hugging and other species equivalents) is known to Entity 4105-NBP, however, being primarily liquid/cytoplasmic and capable of suffocation leads to frequent times of "Hug-Ocation", which has been observed to stop when Entity 4105-NBP notices they are no longer conscious, or when external forces remove the receiver of said "hug". It has also shown to be clumsy in more traditional senses.
    Weakness: Entity 4105-NBP shows an extreme weakness to any form of Fire. (Still not sure, maybe I could drop it, maybe not.)
    Motivation (Protection): It has been theorized that among the most prominent things in the collective unconscious is the desire to shelter the nice or beneficial, and to be Sheltered. As Entity 4105-NBP has been documented to say, "Protecting, Good."
    Complication (Pacifistic): While Entity 4105-NBP would hunt for food if absolutely necessary, it prefers scavenging and foraging and goes to abnormal lengths to avoid harming various species, more extreme lengths for species observed to be "More" Sentient and/or Sapient than others. It has never been observed to kill a Human, at absolute most, it has either purposefully or accidentally choked/suffocated until the target was incapacitated.
    Complication (Prejudice): Due to many factors such as its low child-equivalent intelligence, non-humanoid nature, disturbing eyes, and vocalizations described as sounding "Reminiscent of a Drowning Man", many researchers have refused to work with Entity 4105-NBP. Given these are trained researchers, it is well believed common public opinion would be potentially worse.

Backstory Due to clerical errors, the exact location of the discovery of Entity 4105-NBP has been lost, however all research notes still remain. Research on Entity 4105-NBP points towards it being among one of the oldest earth native entities to exist, however despite this it's intelligence is only comporable to that of a young child. It shows an above average intuition, and a considerable amount of strength and fighting capability, even if it rarely uses such capabilities. It's capabilities to resist disease and it's overall constitution however have proven hyper-exceptional, and the few times any injury is made to it, it recovers abnormally fast. Among the most prominent of traits discovered of Entity 4105-NBP is that the cells within it's Cytoplasmic body have been observed to be 99% unspecialized Stem Cells, of the remaining 1%, 0.5% represents its surface eyes. It has also been shown to actively switch out it's own stem cells (Universal Donor - All Species), with the damaged cells of nearby living organisms, as initially discovered by accident by Dr. [Redacted] (See Incident Report 4105-1 for details,) accounting for the remaining 0.5% Non-Stem Cells. After intorrogationa and experimentation, its primarily believed to have been/may potenitally still be animated in part by the latent Psionic/Psychic power of the collective unconscious when it first even lightly emerged from the first living lifeforms.

Alert: Entity 4105-NBP has escaped its holding unit, Priority Level Orange, Threat Level White/Clear: It is likely that it simply got restless as it has been shown to do and escaped due to lack of proper supervision while allowed to roam (See Protocol Update 4105-A). Entity 4105-NBP has shown to be co-operative in the past when slowly and calmly explained that it was causing trouble, this coupled with promise of reward will almost always lead to the co-operation of Entity 4105-NBP.

Incdent Report 4105-1
    Dr. [Redacted] Enters the holding chamber of Entity 4105-NBP, it is of important note, their face is fully visible, have worked with Entity 4105-NBP once before, and have a cut on the right side of their jaw, later questioning revealed this was a shaving cut acquired earlier that morning.
    Dr. [Redacted] attempts to begin experiment, before he is capable, Entity 4105-NBP moves towards Dr. [Redacted] and makes facial contact with a newly formed tendril. Approximately 6-8 seconds later, Entity 4105-NBP removes the tendril and the cut is gone, healthy skin in it's place. Dr. [Redacted] is evacuated from the chamber and found to have no adverse side-effects over the next 2-week period.

Protocol Update 4105-A: Due to the pacifistic and co-operative nature of Entity 4105-NBP as well as it's healing capabilities, Entity 4105-NBP is now permitted to roam non-public areas with security rating Clear-Orange while under continuous supervision from a trained and approved member of staff with no other pressing obligation.
    Addendum: It is also permitted full use of its healing capabilities, after having saved the life of a researcher after an acid spill.
    Last edited by Sckribe; 05-01-2018 at 11:42 PM.

If I were putting together a mad science/lab rats heavy campaign, I might accept this as a PC. Otherwise, not a chance.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

Protomolecule Host

Offense: Fighting stuff.

I get that Oozewill is a pacifist, but this doesn't prevent him from "fighting", it just might mean he won't deal damage. He can still grapple, suffocate (not to death, but he literally does this repeatedly), secrete sticky substances (melee snare), and so forth.

Defense: Not dying.

He still has very weak defenses (other than Fortitude and Toughness). As an ooze, I might have though he would be immune to several mental powers.

Movement: Getting places.

Oozewill has decent movement powers that suit his concept. He moves slowly, but that's what you would expect from an ooze.

Sensory: Collecting information.

Probably still needs a scent power. Also, if he can sprout pseudopods* under his eyes he needs Remote Vision (at least a few ranks), handy because he can slip that under a door and give "live" updates on what he's seeing. With that many eyes, he needs Radius Vision, which means you might need that Remote Vision extra that does not leave him distracted while using it.

Utility: Being useful to the rest of the party.

Oozewill certainly has powers for this.

Oozewill doesn't have the points for decent defenses or offense. I think you could "fix" that with Alternate Effects. Regeneration could be an Alternate Effect of the Empathic Healing. That just means he cannot heal and regenerate in the same round. He could stop regenerating, heal someone, and then next round start regenerating again (which would let him heal the damage he just absorbed).

What is the rest of the party like?

*Firefox does not recognize the word "pseudopod". Really?

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks, I might as well go through my thought process for this,

Offense: I don't plan on being the biggest heavy hitter, most certainly not, but I think STR 5 Fight 3 should work out enough to be semi-consistent,
    Defense: Yeah, He is a little below the PL, I'll easily concede that. As far as the mental thing, my thought process is that being connected to/somewhat animated by the collective unconscious would make him slightly more weak to psychics/psionics, at least compared to other supers.
    Movement: Yep, all as expected, nothing much here.
    Sensory: He might need a sensory power for smell, yeah, I'd need to find a way to fit that in, and I do like the remote vision thing. I guess it wasn't spotted, but I did give him Radius (Type): Visual, among other sight powers and a hearing power.
    Utility: This was the main concern of mine, and I'm glad it showed through since I wanted to make a bit more of an odd healer/tank hybrid.

As far as the party, I don't have one, have yet to play a game of M&M, I am very new. So yeah, it is odd to make a support based hero in isolation of a party, but ah well.

OPA Belta

> Offense: I don't plan on being the biggest heavy hitter, most certainly not, but I think STR 5 Fight 3 should work out enough to be semi-consistent,
    It really won't. He'll rarely hit and rarely have an impact when he does. He'll be outclassed by mooks.

> Defense: Yeah, He is a little below the PL, I'll easily concede that. As far as the mental thing, my thought process is that being connected to/somewhat animated by the collective unconscious would make him slightly more weak to psychics/psionics, at least compared to other supers.
    Being a bit below PL caps can work, having a Will of 1 will not. He's not slightly more weak, he's cripplingly weak.

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by Sckribe View Post
    Offense: I don't plan on being the biggest heavy hitter, most certainly not, but I think STR 5 Fight 3 should work out enough to be semi-consistent,
    Your "to-hit" is Fight plus Close Combat Advantage plus Close Combat Skill, so it's only a 3, when you want around a 10.

Your damage is Strength plus Damage, or just Strength, which is only a 5, when you want around a 10.
    As far as the mental thing, my thought process is that being connected to/somewhat animated by the collective unconscious would make him slightly more weak to psychics/psionics, at least compared to other supers.
    I would have thought mentally attacking the collective unconscious would be more difficult.

So yeah, it is odd to make a support based hero in isolation of a party, but ah well.
    M&M doesn't really do specialists. Every character should fill most if not all of the five roles. Not every character needs a Healing ability, but every character should have some sort of support ability.

Note that this does not apply to NPCs (many of which are comic book characters), creating a disconnect between the game and the original medium.