Thread: Looking for suggestions for building Guyver characters

UN Basic Recipient

Looking for suggestions for building Guyver characters

Does anybody know if somebody has some solid Guyver builds on here? I'm thinking about (kind of) basing it off the powers of Blue Beetle's scarrab, but I'd love to see builds that others have made to compare it to.

Protomolecule Host

Re: Looking for suggestions for building Guyver characters

I don't think Blue Beetle is well-known. I looked him up on Wikipedia and got this.

The Blue Beetle scarab, previously shown as an artifact of magic, is later retconned as a tool of war of the Reach, an ancient race of cosmic marauders. After being defeated by the Guardians of the Universe thousands of years ago and forced into a truce, the Reach poses as benevolent aliens lending their advanced technology to budding civilizations. The scarab is a gift for that world's champion, giving him amazing powers and the knowledge of the Reach to protect his or her peers. Secretly, the scarab is part of an advanced hive mind, with its own artificial intelligence covertly supplanting the wearer's own. The wearer is turned into the "ultimate infiltrator", a covert agent intended to take over its own world.[24] However, the Blue Beetle Scarab is damaged and so instead of it controlling the host, it forms a symbiotic relationship with them.
    It doesn't sound like Guyver, so maybe you were talking about an inventor instead?

UN Basic Recipient

I meant on the grounds of being a semi-alive bio armor loaded with weapons.

Protomolecule Host

All I can suggest is this feature: Semi-Organic (or Bio-Tech, or similar name): the armor repairs itself like a character. I guess you could give the armor its own regeneration, but that seems a poor use of points.

Emerald Flame has a fairly extensive set of writeups on the Zoanids on the other board.