Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Want Your Questions About The Basic Hero's Handbook

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Re: We Want Your Questions About The Basic Hero's Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    I'm afraid the only question on my mind right now is "how soon can we expect the rogues gallery compilation PDF?"
    Soon. It's in layout right now.
    Last edited by Fildrigar; 04-24-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Keeper of Secrets Squirrelly-sama's Avatar

What sort of actions can be taken while doing a Defensive Attack Maneuver? Is it required to launch an attack while doing so or can you keep the buff without having to attack? Can you Feint while doing so, since feint as an interaction can be done as a move action with a -5 penalty.

Defender of the Word

Do we know when the podcast will air?

Keeper of Secrets Squirrelly-sama's Avatar

Can someone get them to clarify Blink Teleport, the way it works and is described seems to grant the use immunity to pretty much everything that isn't a surprise attack or have absurd amounts of Burst Area added. This is confusing given similar powers such as Perfect Defense and Temporal Side Step use immunity so there is a massive cost discrepancy.

Inceptor

Sorry for the delay on updating the thread.

Here's the podcast (audio only) link

and here's the Youtube link

All of the rules questions were not asked - but we did get a few worked in. Apologies - hope to get more in next time

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    (2) After that, I'm curious as to extra features do the book give us? I know it's primarily meant for newer players to give them an easier road into the game, but will there be any reason for experienced players to buy the book as well, even minor ones (for example, rule clarifications, new example character builds, etc.?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loner1997 View Post
    Will there be any actual new rules content or converted content from 2e?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    2. Will there be special scenarios? If yes, what will they be about?
    I think these might be the only questions that got answered. There were no rules clarifications in the podcast, but Crystal and Steven did indicate that the Basic HH will not include any new rules or clarifications other than maybe offering some simplified mechanics. Honestly, the main focus seems to be on simplifying character creation, with it sounding like this will, in some ways, be a more sophisticated version of the QCG so that you can quickly take an archetype and tune it to build "this guy from that comic". Oh, and there will be at least one adventure involving Overshadow.

I listened to the podcast while doing other work, so I may have missed something.

There was also an interesting sidenote from Steve Kenson (couched with extreme caution and fear of Pramas wrath) that there are no current plans for a fourth edition, but if he could have changed one thing about 3E, he would have not started out by breaking down the effects as much as he did. He would have preferred offering a lot of pregen powers and then issuing another book for the "gearheads" on how to build custom powers, because they found a lot of people get confused with M&M and how to build a particular power that they want from the base effects. When it was pointed out that this was basically how 2E worked with the base book and then Ultimate Power, he said that it was sort of the case, but that Ultimate Power was more about how to handle problematic powers than anything else.