Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Nora
    HP 3 Luck 2 Condition Bruised x4

Nora walked over to the newcomer, a slightly unsteady pace replacing her usual bounding enthusiasm the only hint that maybe the fight had taken a little more out of her than she was letting on. Still it would take something a little more serious than battle injuries to dampen her enthusiasm at a new face (that wasn't trying to kill her).

"Thanks for the assist that was super cool, it's nice to meet you, I'm Nora! We chased some thieves through a portal and now we're here! You're gun must be pretty special to send them running like that."

Wait a minute, she knew someone else with cool guns!

<Hey!> She said to Gustave in a clumsy but working approximation of his own tongue <Check out that cool rifle!>
    My Builds
    Playing
    Nora
    George Fairchild

Man...I really need to give them hero names...

Gustavo turned his attention towards her, before glancing once more at the newcomer and slightly tilted his head in an acknowledging nod.

<"Her weapon, you mean? It's interesting. It shines like liquid moonlight, yet delivers swift end to it's targets. She wielded it well, Nora."> He said in a careful and measured tone as he appraised it from the distance.

<"She may be a good source of knowledge regarding where we are and it's dangers.">
    "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Dr. Moleman
    HP: 2

Dr. Moleman winces slightly and flexes his hands as he considers how his hesitance could have made things much worse. He then sighs and tries to let it all go.
    "Indeed," he says, "We're in hot pursuit of a criminal who made off with something valuable and potentially dangerous. An idol..." he recounts the details of the artifact and the ritual as he recalls them from the display details and what they'd seen on the island.

OOC
    Using Eidetic Memory to provide as much detail as he can.

Protomolecule Host

Rune
    HP 2; Condition: 1 Bruise

Rune lights a smoke, and listens intently.

Nora
    HP 3 Luck 2 Condition Embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulmonk View Post
    She went up to Bombshell and tried not to look awkward. What was she thinking she couldnt just walk up to Bombshell and act like she knew her...it was BOMBSHELL. Instead she turned around and walked to the big tall girl. Hey, uhm...Im Em...I mean Im Arc! She said with a wave.
    Distracted by flexing her new linguistic muscles it took Nora a moment to even register that somebody else was talking to her, turning around to face Arc she began to apologise profusely.

"Ohmigosh I'm so sorry, that was so rude of me! I swear I wasn't trying to ignore you or anything, Mrs Wynne says I'm a total airhead sometimes, it's just his language is super interesting. I just kind of zoned out you know?" She explained, flailing a hand in Gustavo's general direction. "Anyway, I'm Nora. You were super awesome out there!"
    My Builds
    Playing
    Nora
    George Fairchild

Longhunter shoulders her weapon, carrying its weight easily.

"Well you have my thanks, and my pity. Your arrival here is a hope for me, and certainly these villagers, but I fear it is not for you."

She looks at Goo Girl, studying her appearance more than considering her question. She gives each of you the same looks-despite obviously not being a normal woman, she clearly finds you all fascinatingly strange.

"You are in Avision, but that doesn't really tell the whole story. As for the idol and its thieves, I saw those bird men fly off. Its not exactly easy to track a bird, but I can think of where they might gone. But first, some of you look powerfully hurt. My husband is a doctor, he should be able to help you. He'll want to hear your story too, you're the first new faces we've had in nearly a decade."

Longhunter pauses, before turning her attention back to Dr. Moleman. "And may I ask where you are all from?"
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Dr. Moleman
    HP: 2

Dr. Moleman looks at Longhunter, and takes off his glasses and polishes them with the tattered remnants of his office garb before returning his nearsighted gaze to her, having decided to go the straightforward route.
    "We're from Earth, Freedom City, and likely another dimension altogether. Your world may have been in contact with one or some of our indigenous people, possibly the Chumash or the Ramaytush. An artifact was stolen, which allowed them access to the world. Unfortunately, they took said artifact, the one that I described to you, and absconded through the portal with it. We wish to reacquire it, both because it is of historical and mythological worth, and because we don't want to risk them escaping your justice by travelling to our world."

He re-donned the glasses, and blinked as his eyes adjusted, her face no longer blurry. Hopefully he'd struck the right balance of flattery and facts... this really wasn't his strong point.

OOC
    My apologies for using the wrong name. I wound up playing this game in another location, where they're using the names from the module and my wires got crossed. Mainly, I wanted him to mention what we do know in case they still call themselves the same on the other side.
    Last edited by FuzzyBoots; 07-18-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Arc
    Status: Socially Awkward with all these cool new people...yay!!

"Oh no it's fine, lots of amazing things are happening tonight, it's easy to get distracted." She gave a rough smile. "Anyway, uhm, ya. You...and the others too I guess, but you were pretty awesome. Like it was totally amazing when you did that...what did you say? When you yelled out 'Justice Smash'. I've never seen another hero do that before. But it was totally amazing. I could totally feel the power of it all the way over there!" She says, trying not to overly freak out at how awesome everyone is.

Nora
    HP 3 Luck 2 Condition Fine

"Thanks so much!" Nora beamed trying to scoop the girl in to an overly friendly hug that was just a few shades down from bone crushing "That was all Josh's idea, he said I need to make sure that people knew that I was one of the good guys you know? I mean I wasn't offended or anything, I totally get it, I'm a little big and I've got horns it's all kinda like 'rawr monster'. Omigosh I'm being rude again! Talking about myself. That knife thing you did was super awesome too! You hit that bird lady way harder than I did!"
    My Builds
    Playing
    Nora
    George Fairchild

Arc

Oh, these? Emily flexes her wrists and two blades simultaneously appeared, each colored in blue electricity, small cracks and hums heard. She grabbed it in her palm and tried to show off, twirling each blade around her fingers. Youre kidding me! That bird...lady thing barely even felt it! But I mean, Bombshell did you see her go! Shes a real hero! Emily paused for a moment and looked up at Nora, Im Arc by the way. I just became a super hero! she outstretches her arm and the blades disappear as she releases the energy, grinning up at the large woman in front of her with excitement.