Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Dr. Clock smiles. "A geologist, is it? How I miss my days at university, and you're from San Francisco as well, fantastic. I remember when El Presidio Real de San Francisco was first founded, in the year 1776. I am primarily a horologist myself, though I also have some knowledge of the finer points of medicine, and have made a study of what I call tempomancy-the magic of manipulating time."

He looked to the rest of you, noting the injuries some of you carry. "If you'll follow me, the boat has an infirmary where I can treat those of you in need. As it happens, we are from Earth as well."

Longhunter chimes in, staring at your clothes. "Only probably a year or few before your time, I reckon."

Her husband smiles at her before continuing. "This place is called Avision, and it is a prison. One we built to hold a monster, called Lord Sanguine at bay. To put it simply, it is linked to a physical location in the true Earth, sealed inside a dimensional bubble rich in various esoteric magics, undergoing fixed time dilation."

There is a pause. Longhunter coughs into her fist. The Doctor looks at her, confused.

"Was...that not simple?"

She shakes her head. "No, darling. As for the people you're talking about, I think we know of them. Folks like them, their ancestors probably, are what helped us trap Sanguine here in the first place. And they're probably here to free their gods, which we think he has imprisoned somewhere."
    Last edited by Arthur Eld; 08-10-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Arc

Emily sat there and listened, being the young woman she was she silently held up her hand waiting to be called on.

"Uhm, first of all I'd really appreciate visiting your infirmary. But I have a few questions if you don't mind."

She waited for permission before continuing. Not wanting to press her luck with these strangers.

Protomolecule Host

Rune
    HP 2; Condition: 1 Bruise

Rune, having followed along listening, not having much to add, leans against a wall. "So... time moves differently here? Does that mean it'll be years later even IF we manage to get out? I'm gonna lose my place..."
    My access is going to be limited for the foreseeable future. I'm going to be house sitting, and there's no internet.

"Perhaps." Dr. Clock allows, though he seems unsure.

"Our journey was one-way. It is possible that if we are able to devise a means of egress, that my tempomancy will be enough to allay any effects the time dilation may have on your travels." He strokes his mustache, letting off a low string of mutterings in Spanish. Nora is able to actually understand most of his words, but can't follow their meanings, its all temporal energies this, and scientific foci filtering the magics of natural chrono-flow that.

Longhunter looks at Arc, slightly confused at seeing her hand raised. "This ain't a schoolhouse, young miss. You can speak what's on your mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Eld View Post
    "Perhaps." Dr. Clock allows, though he seems unsure.

"Our journey was one-way. It is possible that if we are able to devise a means of egress, that my tempomancy will be enough to allay any effects the time dilation may have on your travels." He strokes his mustache, letting off a low string of mutterings in Spanish. Nora is able to actually understand most of his words, but can't follow their meanings, its all temporal energies this, and scientific foci filtering the magics of natural chrono-flow that.

Longhunter looks at Arc, slightly confused at seeing her hand raised. "This ain't a schoolhouse, young miss. You can speak what's on your mind."
    Arc

Embarrassed, Emily felt she should have known that but as she looked around she realized she was easily the youngest one here.

“Right, sorry. Uhm, I was wondering, when you say Gods, you don’t mean like an actual god do you? More the,” she raised her hands and used each to make air quotes, “ ‘Person-with-powers-that-calls-themself-a-god’ right? I was also wondering , Uhm, if you don’t mind, and I absolutely feel terrible about asking this, but...if it’s a prison, are you stuck here too?”

Emily didn’t mean to sound disrespectful in front of her these people who were willing to help, but was it possible they could be prisoners too? That’s what worried her the most.

Longhunter nods solemnly. "Yes. When we sealed this place, my mister had help, from some of the people who were already living on the island, wise men. We're trapped in here with Lord Sanguine and his bird woman until we manage to find some means of escape. And we can't leave anyhow until we know Sanguine can't follow us out."

"As for the gods, it is perhaps more appropriate to refer to them as powerful spirits, or perhaps demi-gods." Dr. Clock says.

"Specifically, they are called Nimuatu, the Kestrel and Maquami, the Owl. They are children of the great spirits of the Mountains and River, whom the people consider their All-Father and mother from the River. They are powerful, the pair of them. Lord Sanguine's plan, before we sealed him here, was to draw strength from the brothers before feasting on the blood of their parents. Were he to do so, his power would be both awesome and terrifying."
    Last edited by Arthur Eld; Today at 01:39 PM.

Bombshell
    HP:3 Status: Exhausted

Bombshell had stayed quiet listen to Longhunter and Dr Clock, and took what they said with more than pinch of caution.

" What's Lord Sanguine, magic user, deamon, vampire? And where are these Demigods sealed? " Bombshell getting increasingly irritated by the delay.

"As i understand the biggest danger at the moment is if they are released the overwhelmed by Lord Sanguine's forces then drained of power, right? So let start towards that, then we can talk about what to afterwards. From what seen this prison dimension has alot of innocent people here and i'm not comfortable taking an escape, that leaves them here. " Bombshell asked hoping answers might be more fore-comming, if they suited their host agenda.

Dr. Clock takes note of the irritation in Bombshell's tone and his posture stiffens in response.

"Obviously we would bring them with us. I had thought that would go without saying-but perhaps things are different where and when you come from. As for your other questions, Lord Sanguine is a powerful vampire, though he has knowledge of magic as well. "

He frowns. "We don't know where the brothers are, or Lord Sanguine himself for that matter. His keep is shrouded in the mists of this place, but kept hidden by other means. I believe it moves, somehow. Despite my wife's skill with tracking, we've never been able to find a solid location for it. But with your help, we may be able to. I have a plan but we could never put it into motion, not with our numbers so few, and Sanguine and his allies so powerful. If, of course, that is agreeable to you?"