Thread: Noob Looking For Feedback on a Build

UN Basic Recipient

Noob Looking For Feedback on a Build

Hello all! I'm going to be playing M&M for the first time, and I was hoping to get some feedback on my character. This is the first time I've ever done a build from scratch, so I want to make sure it doesn't have any glaring issues.

Thanks in advance!

Ironclad (Elias Tristram)
    PL 10

Abilities (24 pts)
    Strength 10; Stamina 11; Agility 6; Dexterity 2; Fighting 5; Intellect 0; Awareness 1; Presence 0

Defenses (9 pts)
    Dodge 6; Parry 6; Fortitude 11; Toughness 14; Will 9

Offenses
    Initiative +6
    Excalibur +7 (Close, Damage 13 plus Penetrating 4)
    Unarmed Strikes +5 (Close, Damage 10)

Advantages (9 pts)
    All Out Attack
    Diehard
    Extraordinary Effort
    Improved Disarm
    Improved Grab
    Interpose
    Move-By Action
    Power Attack
    Accurate Attack

Skills (19 pts)
    Acrobatics 2 (+8)
    Athletics 5 (+15)
    Close Combat: Swords 2 (+7)
    Expertise: Witch Hunter 5 (+5)
    Insight 5 (+6)
    Intimidation 3 (+3)
    Investigation 5 (+5)
    Perception 5 (+6)
    Persuasion 3 (+3)
    Stealth 2 (+8)
    Treatment 1 (+1)

Powers (70 pts)
    Arthurian Mantle
    -> Enhanced Strength 9 (Permanent) [18 pts]
    -> Enhanced Stamina 10 (Permanent) [20 pts]
    -> Enhanced Agility 4 (Permanent) [8 pts]
    -> Speed 5 (60mph) [5 pts]
    -> Immunity 8 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Mental Control Afflictions [Limited to Magical Effects]) [6 pts]

Excalibur: Array (7 pts), Easily Removable, Feature (May only be wielded by the bearer of the Mantle, or those who are pure of heart)
    -> Damage 3 (Penetrating 4) [7 pts]
    -> Nullify 7 (Broad [Magical Effects], Reduced Ranged) [1 pt]

Bulwark of Avalon: Removable, Noticeable
    -> Protection 3 [3 pts]
    -> Impervious Toughness 9 [9 pts]

Physical Description
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 195 lb.

Complications
    Motivation Duty: As the Mantle Bearer, Elias is honor-bound to fight evil wherever it might hide.
    Power Loss If Elias misuses the Mantle, he will lose access to its power, including Excalibur and the Armor of Avalon.
    Enemy The Knights of the Round were the sworn enemies of Morgana Le Fay in ancient times. After acquiring the Mantle, Elias barely managed to destroy Morgana. Though the sorceress is no more, dark magic transcends time and space, and she may still have followers in the modern day.

Backstory
    King Arthur, as most know him, was not a man, but a mantle of power passed down a line of noble warriors sworn to defend Albion from black magic. A group of followers, known as the Knights of the Round, grew up around the Bearer of the Mantle

Elias Tristram, the only son of a pig farmer, joined the Knights after his family was killed in a massacre orchestrated by Morgana Le Fay. Elias was neither the strongest, nor the swiftest, but what he lacked in physical ability he made up for in heart. However, this stubbornness often caused Elias to be reckless.

After years of guerilla warfare, the Knights, led by Therese Pendragon, the Mantle Bearer of that time, cornered Morgana in her lair. Emboldened by the thought of revenge, Elias stumbled right into a trap. After a bloody battle, only Therese and Elias stood facing Morgana. The Witch Queen sought to quickly kill Elias, but Therese interposed, suffering a mortal wound. However, Therese was able to deliver a grievous wound of her own, causing Morgana to flee into her inner sanctum.

As her final act, Therese passed the Mantle onto Elias, instructing him to fulfill their task. Alone, and afraid, Elias braved the horrors of the inner sanctum. In the climactic battle between the Mantle and Morgana, Elias narrowly managed to deliver the killing blow. The Witch Queen was no more.

Elias carried the body of Therese back to Avalon, where she was laid to rest among the previous Bearers of the Mantle. With their ancient enemy defeated, Nimue cast Elias into a deep sleep, to await the day that the world once again needed the power of the Mantle.

Centuries later, Elias awakens upon a world of concrete and steel, as darkness once again creeps across the land.

OPA Belta

Re: Noob Looking For Feedback on a Build

Flavor is straight-forward and effective.

Mechanics are also solid, though there's a few points of concern I'd have.
    - You're a melee-type and can't fly or jump. If Morgan Mk II hovers a hundred feet over your head raining magic on you, can you handle that?
    - You don't have many super-options. This isn't a bad thing, but it is something that might get under your skin if the rest of your party has utility powers or fun non-damage combat powers.
    - You've got a bunch of skills with low bonuses. This is often little help in practice unless you have more talented party members to give help to.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    - You're a melee-type and can't fly or jump. If Morgan Mk II hovers a hundred feet over your head raining magic on you, can you handle that?
    I think it will be okay. The prospect of having to solve such problem with creative thinking is actually kind of exciting to me, and I know my GM rewards that sort of thing.

- You don't have many super-options. This isn't a bad thing, but it is something that might get under your skin if the rest of your party has utility powers or fun non-damage combat powers.
    I might think of some things as I become more familiar with the system, but right now the fact that I can just pick up a car whenever I want to, and ignore bullets completely, is cool enough for me.

- You've got a bunch of skills with low bonuses. This is often little help in practice unless you have more talented party members to give help to.
    I kind of felt the same. What is normally considered a low bonus for a PL10 game? I could use those points elsewhere (perhaps with a rank or two of leaping).

Thanks again for taking the time to look over it.

OPA Belta

> right now the fact that I can just pick up a car whenever I want to, and ignore bullets completely, is cool enough for me
    Being a brick is fun! Interpose is especially fun, doubly so when you have immunities.

> I kind of felt the same. What is normally considered a low bonus for a PL10 game? I could use those points elsewhere (perhaps with a rank or two of leaping).
    It depends.
    Some skills, like Stealth, are generally rolled against an enemy's roll. These I consider "low" if they're not above the series Power Level.
    Other skills, like Treatment or Athletics, are generally rolled against static target numbers. These can be valuable no matter what rank they're at, and you can generally just look up how likely you are to succeed at routine tasks.

Your Stealth and Intimidation are in the opposed category. They're not really high enough to get you reliable results against normal people, which can put you in a tricky spot especially against superhumans.
    Same goes for your Perception and Insight, but those are always valuable since they're "defensive" skills.
    And Team Checks further muddle this. A +3 Intimidation isn't amazing, but it means you've got a 70% chance to give somebody else a bonus in a Team Check. If somebody else on your team has a really high Intimidation, then even your low bonus can be really helpful.
    On the other hand, your Treatment, Athletics, Acrobatics are all generally against fixed DCs. You can state, for example, that you have a 30% chance to find a simple trap using Investigation according to the DCs in the core rulebook.

If I were trimming points, I think I'd consider Investigation, Acrobatics, Stealth, and one of Intimidation or Persuasion as candidates.

> Thanks again for taking the time to look over it.
    No problem! It's fun to do!

Mostly agree with Nunya, with one exception:
    In my opinion, traits are more than just game mechanics, they also serve as a character's descriptors & history (the "fluff"), in the context of the game world. In Ironclad's case, he's a classic knight (these are usually not known for their sneaky ways), but one with some experience as a guerilla fighter. So his Stealth value of +8 is IMHO perfectly appropriate. A value of, say, +13 is fit for a veritable ninja! Yes, +8 will be probably not enough to fool a supervillain, but MINIONS are another story.
    Yet Intimidation +3 wouldn't get you far, that's for sure. Also, if picking Treatment, I'd definitely go for a minimum value of +5 (for stabilizing dying teammates as a routine check).
    And, as Nunja pointed out correctly, buying Leaping is highly recommendable (even just 2 or 3 ranks can make a HUGE difference). I'd sacrifice some Athletics-ranks for that.

Protomolecule Host

Flavor is fine. Mechanics are mostly okay. Not point-efficient, however.

Generally you want offense (powerful sword), defense (protection), mobility (you're fast but that's about it), utility (he only has Nullify, but that's very suitable flavor) and sensory abilities (lacking? Even a feeling that there's something magical in the air [Magical Awareness, Ranged, costs 2 points] would help him track witches, determine who has been bewitched, and so forth). You already seem to have a morality theme so a "detect intentions" or "detect good/evil heart" would be pretty thematic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaBlue View Post
    Hello all! I'm going to be playing M&M for the first time, and I was hoping to get some feedback on my character. This is the first time I've ever done a build from scratch, so I want to make sure it doesn't have any glaring issues.

Thanks in advance!

Ironclad (Elias Tristram)
    PL 10

Abilities (24 pts)
    Strength 10; Stamina 11; Agility 6; Dexterity 2; Fighting 5; Intellect 0; Awareness 1; Presence 0
    This would be the first thing I would call out. These traits are expensive. Do you really need them to be so high? For instance, Strength 10 lets you lift 25 tons. There was a single Arthurian hero who could turn into a giant and would presumably have that kind of strength... I think you might have taken the high Strength to dish out damage. Perfectly fine... and Excalibur is a magical sword. So why not make Excalibur do more than 3 damage and cut the price in half (more than half, since it's easily removable)?

Defenses (9 pts)
    Dodge 6; Parry 6; Fortitude 11; Toughness 14; Will 9
    If your character carries a shield, they could at least lower Dodge, and maybe Parry too. It's not a big deal.

You cannot buy Toughness directly, but I presume you're getting Toughness from the magic items. With a base Stamina of 11, you only need 3 ranks of Protection to have Toughness 14. In other words, I would explain how you got these ranks.

As in: Dodge +0 (+6; from Agility), Toughness +3 (+14), and so forth, the way you detailed your skills.

Also note that, with Stamina 11, your character does not need points in Fortitude. Maybe that's what you did, since you can't have Fortitude 11 + Stamina 11 as a PL 10 character.

Offenses
    Initiative +6
    Excalibur +7 (Close, Damage 13 plus Penetrating 4)
    Unarmed Strikes +5 (Close, Damage 10)
    These seem about right, but with your high Strength you can literally punch through a 4 inch thick reinforced concrete wall. Was that your aim?

Advantages (9 pts)
    All Out Attack
    Diehard
    Extraordinary Effort
    Improved Disarm
    Improved Grab
    Interpose
    Move-By Action
    Power Attack
    Accurate Attack
    I like these. I would take some languages though; while it might not come up often, an Arthurian hero probably speaks Celtic, French, and Latin at minimum (the original tales existed before the Anglo-Saxon conquest). Whether your character is literate is another story (mass illiteracy but also mass multilingualism).

In an Arthurian setting, Being a Knight of the Round (Table) would be a Benefit, but I'm presuming in the modern age it doesn't actually help him.

An odd advantage might be Sidekick or Minion (a horse), as knights were expected to ride these. It means less to a character with speed 5 though

Skills (19 pts)
    Acrobatics – 2 (+8)
    Athletics – 5 (+15)
    Close Combat: Swords – 2 (+7)
    Expertise: Witch Hunter – 5 (+5)
    Insight – 5 (+6)
    Intimidation – 3 (+3)
    Investigation – 5 (+5)
    Perception – 5 (+6)
    Persuasion – 3 (+3)
    Stealth – 2 (+8)
    Treatment – 1 (+1)
    I'm glad to see you took decent social skills

Powers (70 pts)
    Arthurian Mantle
    -> Enhanced Strength 9 (Permanent) [18 pts]
    -> Enhanced Stamina 10 (Permanent) [20 pts]
    -> Enhanced Agility 4 (Permanent) [8 pts]
    -> Speed 5 (60mph) [5 pts]
    -> Immunity 8 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Mental Control Afflictions [Limited to Magical Effects]) [6 pts]
    Buying Enhanced Strength at such high ranks is really expensive. The Enhanced Stamina might not make that much sense in flavor terms (I figured Arthurian heroes would wear the heaviest armor available to them, which I'm guessing was chainmail, and then this would boost Protection afterward, plus he is named Ironclad) but it is just as point-efficient. Stamina costs 2 points per rank, whereas Fortitude and Protection each cost 1 rank. It costs just as much to boost Stamina as to split it between those two traits.

Excalibur: Array (7 pts), Easily Removable, Feature (May only be wielded by the bearer of the Mantle, or those who are pure of heart)
    -> Damage 3 (Penetrating 4) [7 pts]
    -> Nullify 7 (Broad [Magical Effects], Reduced Ranged) [1 pt]
    This is quite cheap, as is proper for a "device". As I mentioned before, I thought you could have boosted the damage some and reduced your Strength some. That way each point of damage effectively costs you 0.6 points, instead of 2 points the way you have it now.

The Nullify effect is cool. I could picture Morgan le Fay putting up a force field between herself and him and Tristam goes "nope" while he cuts it into pieces with Excalibur! Also freeing his friends from her magical shackles, etc.

In at least one story, Excalibur could "flash blind" multiple people. I don't know what you think of that though.

Bulwark of Avalon: Removable, Noticeable
    -> Protection 3 [3 pts]
    -> Impervious Toughness 9 [9 pts]
    I presume this is the scabbard? Seems pretty legit, I guess. It prevented Arthur from bleeding. It wouldn't boost his Toughness that much (since he already had armor) and there isn't really a bleeding out rule... I suppose this is a good way of making it useful, at least for a character who isn't actually wearing armor.

Physical Description
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 195 lb.

Complications
    Motivation – Duty: As the Mantle Bearer, Elias is honor-bound to fight evil wherever it might hide.
    Power Loss – If Elias misuses the Mantle, he will lose access to its power, including Excalibur and the Armor of Avalon.
    Enemy – The Knights of the Round were the sworn enemies of Morgana Le Fay in ancient times. After acquiring the Mantle, Elias barely managed to destroy Morgana. Though the sorceress is no more, dark magic transcends time and space, and she may still have followers in the modern day.
    I would add "Fish Out of Temporal Water" since he's stuck in an extremely different culture, with a completely different level of technology. Things like ID cards and lack of social classes by birth alone would surprise him. How would he support himself?

Backstory
    King Arthur, as most know him, was not a man, but a mantle of power passed down a line of noble warriors sworn to defend Albion from black magic. A group of followers, known as the Knights of the Round, grew up around the Bearer of the Mantle

Elias Tristram, the only son of a pig farmer, joined the Knights after his family was killed in a massacre orchestrated by Morgana Le Fay. Elias was neither the strongest, nor the swiftest, but what he lacked in physical ability he made up for in heart. However, this stubbornness often caused Elias to be reckless.

After years of guerilla warfare, the Knights, led by Therese Pendragon, the Mantle Bearer of that time, cornered Morgana in her lair. Emboldened by the thought of revenge, Elias stumbled right into a trap. After a bloody battle, only Therese and Elias stood facing Morgana. The Witch Queen sought to quickly kill Elias, but Therese interposed, suffering a mortal wound. However, Therese was able to deliver a grievous wound of her own, causing Morgana to flee into her inner sanctum.

As her final act, Therese passed the Mantle onto Elias, instructing him to fulfill their task. Alone, and afraid, Elias braved the horrors of the inner sanctum. In the climactic battle between the Mantle and Morgana, Elias narrowly managed to deliver the killing blow. The Witch Queen was no more.

Elias carried the body of Therese back to Avalon, where she was laid to rest among the previous Bearers of the Mantle. With their ancient enemy defeated, Nimue cast Elias into a deep sleep, to await the day that the world once again needed the power of the Mantle.

Centuries later, Elias awakens upon a world of concrete and steel, as darkness once again creeps across the land.[/QUOTE]

Needs a new language point there... English! (Actually, how does he learn modern English so fast?)
    Last edited by Kimera757; 04-18-2018 at 08:41 PM.

UN Basic Recipient

Awesome feedback! Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Flavor is fine. Mechanics are mostly okay. Not point-efficient, however.

Generally you want offense (powerful sword), defense (protection), mobility (you're fast but that's about it), utility (he only has Nullify, but that's very suitable flavor) and sensory abilities (lacking? Even a feeling that there's something magical in the air [Magical Awareness, Ranged, costs 2 points] would help him track witches, determine who has been bewitched, and so forth). You already seem to have a morality theme so a "detect intentions" or "detect good/evil heart" would be pretty thematic as well.
    To provide a bit more context, this character is kind of a mashup between Arthurian legend (at least as pop-culture perceives it), The Last Witch Hunter, and the Fey Mantles from The Dresden Files. I was going for a character that is not himself very powerful or experienced (yet). The Mantle is powerful, but Elias himself is still getting used to the whole adventuring thing. He enters the game as soon as he wakes up; he hasn't spent any time being a hero in the modern age.

I'm in the process of adding a couple of ranks of Leaping (imagining him flying around just didn't seem right), and I agree with you on the Senses. I may try to work that in as I move points around. He doesn't currently have access to the full power of the Mantle, so I was trying to be careful about giving him too much cool stuff, but Magical Awareness would totally make sense, even for a novice.

This would be the first thing I would call out. These traits are expensive. Do you really need them to be so high? For instance, Strength 10 lets you lift 25 tons. There was a single Arthurian hero who could turn into a giant and would presumably have that kind of strength... I think you might have taken the high Strength to dish out damage. Perfectly fine... and Excalibur is a magical sword. So why not make Excalibur do more than 3 damage and cut the price in half (more than half, since it's easily removable)?
    Going back to The Dresden Files, I like the idea that supernatural powers are incredibly strong. At the very least I want him to be able to throw a car starting out, but that can be done with a lower Strength. I'll fiddle with those numbers to see if I can compromise a bit more. Was it just Strength, or were there other stats that you felt could be lower?

If your character carries a shield, they could at least lower Dodge, and maybe Parry too. It's not a big deal.

You cannot buy Toughness directly, but I presume you're getting Toughness from the magic items. With a base Stamina of 11, you only need 3 ranks of Protection to have Toughness 14. In other words, I would explain how you got these ranks.

As in: Dodge +0 (+6; from Agility), Toughness +3 (+14), and so forth, the way you detailed your skills.
    He doesn't use a shield. Didn't seem cool for this character.

This also comes up later, but the Bulwark of Avalon is actually the name of his armor. It has Protection 3. I'll notate those stats to be a bit clearer.

Also note that, with Stamina 11, your character does not need points in Fortitude. Maybe that's what you did, since you can't have Fortitude 11 + Stamina 11 as a PL 10 character.
    I must have missed that. I thought the trade-offs were Skill Modifier, Attack + Effect, Dodge + Toughness, Parry + Toughness, and Fortitude + Will?

These seem about right, but with your high Strength you can literally punch through a 4 inch thick reinforced concrete wall. Was that your aim?
    A bit.

I like these. I would take some languages though; while it might not come up often, an Arthurian hero probably speaks Celtic, French, and Latin at minimum (the original tales existed before the Anglo-Saxon conquest). Whether your character is literate is another story (mass illiteracy but also mass multilingualism).

In an Arthurian setting, Being a Knight of the Round (Table) would be a Benefit, but I'm presuming in the modern age it doesn't actually help him.

An odd advantage might be Sidekick or Minion (a horse), as knights were expected to ride these. It means less to a character with speed 5 though
    As a peasant, would he be multilingual?

I really wanted a horse that could fly, but I couldn't build it in such a way that would fit into my budget and do what I wanted it to do (I don't want to be unable to move until my horses' initiative if I'm riding it).

I'm glad to see you took decent social skills
    Based on previous feedback, I am considering removing some skills that are too low to be useful. Any in particular that you feel would be good candidates?

Buying Enhanced Strength at such high ranks is really expensive. The Enhanced Stamina might not make that much sense in flavor terms (I figured Arthurian heroes would wear the heaviest armor available to them, which I'm guessing was chainmail, and then this would boost Protection afterward, plus he is named Ironclad) but it is just as point-efficient. Stamina costs 2 points per rank, whereas Fortitude and Protection each cost 1 rank. It costs just as much to boost Stamina as to split it between those two traits.
    His armor does help, but I also wanted the Mantle to impart quite a bit of durability. Ironclad is the name that will be given to him by the public after his debut.

The Nullify effect is cool. I could picture Morgan le Fay putting up a force field between herself and him and Tristam goes "nope" while he cuts it into pieces with Excalibur! Also freeing his friends from her magical shackles, etc.
    That was the idea.

In at least one story, Excalibur could "flash blind" multiple people. I don't know what you think of that though.
    That's the sort of thing that I'm planning to have him unlock as time goes on.

I presume this is the scabbard? Seems pretty legit, I guess. It prevented Arthur from bleeding. It wouldn't boost his Toughness that much (since he already had armor) and there isn't really a bleeding out rule... I suppose this is a good way of making it useful, at least for a character who isn't actually wearing armor.
    This is actually his armor. Name might be a bit misleading, but I wanted something that sounded pretty metal.

I would add "Fish Out of Temporal Water" since he's stuck in an extremely different culture, with a completely different level of technology. Things like ID cards and lack of social classes by birth alone would surprise him. How would he support himself?
    I had thought about adding such a complication, so I'll go ahead and add that in.

Elias will kind of be dependent on his teammates for support. I image a bit of hand waving will be involved, similar to Captain America and Thor from the MCU.

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaBlue View Post
    AWas it just Strength, or were there other stats that you felt could be lower?
    Pretty much the Strength and Stamina. The Agility is high (superhuman, really) but that's still somewhat subtle, and also not as easily measurable as Strength anyway

And in the case of Stamina, it was more of a flavor issue. I thought perhaps he should have lots of Protection from his magical armor, rather than lots of Stamina from the mantle. It's not really cheaper, although the armor is removable, so that saves you a few points.

This also comes up later, but the Bulwark of Avalon is actually the name of his armor. It has Protection 3. I'll notate those stats to be a bit clearer.
    Protection 3 is reasonable for non-magical armor... I guess there's a bit of conflict between how much power should Ironclad get from his items, versus his powers. Up to you though.

I must have missed that. I thought the trade-offs were Skill Modifier, Attack + Effect, Dodge + Toughness, Parry + Toughness, and Fortitude + Will?
    His Fort might have been 22 (but I could be reading that wrong, hence the request for defense clarification).

As a peasant, would he be multilingual?
    Not at first. But in the Arthurian legends, many of the characters were (very minor) kings. Lancelot was a king. Some tales called Arthur the High King, but even so Arthur ruled no part of France (where Lancelot is from).

I really wanted a horse that could fly, but I couldn't build it in such a way that would fit into my budget and do what I wanted it to do (I don't want to be unable to move until my horses' initiative if I'm riding it).
    I don't believe M&M has mounted combat rules at all. At least not in the core rules.

Based on previous feedback, I am considering removing some skills that are too low to be useful. Any in particular that you feel would be good candidates?
    The max skill rating you can have at PL 10 is, IIRC, +20. In practice most NPCs I've seen have a max skill of +10 at PL 10. So unless an NPC is supernatural at bluffing, they won't have Deception +20. Deception +10 is pretty common though. Insight +6 is probably not enough unless you don't mind having your character manipulated a lot by Morgan le Fay. As you mentioned earlier, he was reliant on friends (including his new friends); IME you only need one person with high Insight, since PCs stick together and call out liars. So Insight +6... well, why such a middling score? It should either be higher, or just don't bother spending points on it, IMO.

For these skills you need to set benchmarks. For instance, what can you do with Acrobatics +8? I'm not sure if you really need to beat a DC 15, plus chainmail is heavy and restricting (not in the rules, but with a slightly higher score your character could walk on a tightrope).

Athletics lets you jump a certain distance based on your roll, so it's important, but not if you take Leaping. Athletics also determines how well you can climb. Consult the skill list and determine if your character needs to be able to only climb trees, or the Cliffs of Insanity, etc.

Most Expertise and knowledge-type skills have benchmarks, with DC 20 being a reasonably difficult benchmark. DC 15 lets you answer simple questions. I don't think 5 ranks in Witch Hunter is bad, especially since your character isn't the wisest

Intimidate +3 is too weak. To weaken MR 10 minions you probably need a +10 (IIRC you target their Will, which would likely be around a +10 anyway), and I would think the Mantle would make your character very intimidating. I'm thinking blazing golden eyes and a golden mantle when Ironclad gets mad.

I don't know why your character has Investigate. It's more of a flavor thing; he's already a Witch Hunter (and knows what to look for) whereas Investigate is more for professional educated intellectuals. It also starts straining disbelief; your character had to be trained due to the relatively low Intelligence to get anywhere. A typical skill rank is around +4, so he's about as competent as a typical detective, despite coming from a Dark Ages background. I don't see the flavor match here.

I would bump Persuasion. Honestly you character will probably be the party "face", with his old-fashioned out-of-date courtesies causing the occasional Fish Out of Water complication I think you would need a +10, minimum, to persuade people to do difficult things reasonably often.

I don't know if Stealth makes sense at all. You're a paragon of virtue, in heavy armor, wearing equipment that will instantly draw attention in the modern world, and his mantle might literally make him glow. Even his determined facial expression atop his Lantern Jaw of Justice will draw attention!

If Treatment is trained-only, then maybe he should take a rank. Maybe he'll save someone's life one day. But probably not. He came from a magical society, and probably relied on potions, charms his mother gave him and finding pretty hedge witches to kiss his hurts better after battle. (So Persuasion = Treatment, in a way.)