Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: The Merge: Tales of London

Re: The Merge: Tales of London

Gunther puts the card into his pocket saying "I'll keep it mind, danke. Enjoy your visit."

Inside the Embassy you can see a lot of people in posh clothes talking about all sorts of things in various languages and you're hearing light classical music in the background.

You can see Griffin talking in very slightly accented German.

OPA Belta

Janet mingles. Juliet feels weird feeling at home in such a posh environment. She ends up among a few women discussing fashion shows coming up next month in Milan. Janet seems to know the names of some up and coming designers that a woman from Milan is surprised Janet had heard of.

OPA Belta

Caroline

The girl quietly cast her own Tongues spell, so she could understand the various conversations taking place. It would only last until she cast her next spell, but until then it was a godsend. It was a fairly harmless spell in of itself, she figured she wouldn't trip any alarms if she did. Even then, it was easily explained.

When Caroline activates the Tongues spell, she finds that everyone's speech is starting to make sense now.

Griffin turns to you three, saying in German "<And here are the ladies who helped me now...>" He then says in English "George, Caroline, Janet! Glad you made it!" He then gestures towards the gentleman, saying "May I introduce His Excellency Johan Von Mekkhan, Ambassador of New Mechanicsburg to the United Kingdom."

He then gestures towards you, saying "Your Excellency, may I introduce Miss George Fairchild, wandering miracle-worker. Miss Caroline Daniels, priest-mage of Selune. And Miss Janet Van Dyne."

The Ambassador said in English "Good evening, ladies. How are you enjoying this fine event?"

OPA Belta

"Most excellent, Ambassador. What is that music I hear?" Janet asks. "I don't believe I've ever heard the piece before."

(OOC: No, I have no idea what Mechanicsburg music sounds like either, but it must be distinct.)

The Ambassador said "It is a part of the Lady's Homecoming Suite, which was composed to celebrate our Lady Heterodyne's safe return home to Mechanicsburg and her formal recognition by the Castle. Herr Griffin and myself were among the first to greet and recognise her after the Castle did. Herr Griffin actually embraced our Lady, wrapping her in his wings."

Griffin nodded "It's true. I was deeply worried for the Lady when she set forth. You see, Heterodyne candidates seeking recognition from the Castle must always enter alone and it has had decades of experience at killing anything it sees as hostile. I was never so glad in my life to get it wrong."

OPA Belta

Caroline

"It sounds a bit like a trip through the Underdark. Without weapons or spells." Caroline said dryly. "From what I understand, she's been busy since then, so I suspect a great many people she's helped are glad she succeeded."

"It is a lovely piece." she added.

ooc
    http://girlgenius.wikia.com/wiki/Music
    Last edited by kirinke; 08-10-2018 at 06:39 PM.

George Fairchild
    HP: 1 Luck: 5 Condition: Fine

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Ambassador."
    George said with a smile, her gift translating her speech in to perfect German "Your embassy is lovely."
    My Builds
    Playing
    Nora
    George Fairchild

Man...I really need to give them hero names...

OPA Belta

Caroline

"So to business then?" she asked.
    Last edited by kirinke; 08-11-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgson View Post
    "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Ambassador." George said with a smile, her gift translating her speech in to perfect German "Your embassy is lovely."
    The Ambassador said "<Danke, Frau. It is a marvel of our engineering! We also ensured that all materials were made in Mechanicsburg and that we employed Mechanicsburg citizens to assemble it. We had to be absolutely sure the building was secure, given what we do here. Lady Heterodyne's assigning Herr Griffin and several Jagers and Brigade members as security also helped ensure that the site was inviolate during construction.>"

Griffin said "<I may have discussed the Cold War and some of its more... unusual incidents with Lady Heterodyne. You see, there was this one incident back in the 1980s. When the American Embassy in Moscow was originally built, it was built with Russian supports and with Russian workers. In 1985, the whole Embassy was found to have been absolutely riddled with surveillance devices! In the end, the Americans had to take most of the building down brick by brick and have American workers rebuild it using American resources, adding four new secure floors. When I discussed this with her, she must have thought that she didn't want the incident to repeat itself.>"

The Ambassador said "<I did wonder why she was being so specific.>"

That was when one of the Embassy staff approached, saying "<Your Excellency, the Secure Communications Room is ready.>"

The Ambassador replied "<Danke. I'll be there shortly.>"

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    "So to business then?" she asked.
    The Ambassador said "<Yes, but we need to perform it in a secure room. Please, follow me.>"
    Last edited by betterwatchit; 08-12-2018 at 03:58 PM.