Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AGE Community Content program?

Inceptor

Re: AGE Community Content program?

Quote Originally Posted by Fildrigar View Post
    The initial Community Content program will cover Fantasy AGE only. After we see how it goes we will likely add Modern AGE. Blue Rose is very unlikely to be added. Lazarus will not be added either, as it is a licensed property.

As far as explaining game concepts, I am not certain. I don't have the draft wording for the Community Content program in front of me.
    When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.

The specific term that causes issues is the one that restricts the release of any DERIVATIVE products to the community content program for the duration of the copyright terms. I am find with only ever selling Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Age on the community content page. I am not fine with not being able to sell Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Swords & Wizardry or any other RPG system I want to release it for.

The same for the setting I sell like Blackmarsh. I will be glad to do a Fantasy Age version but not if it prevents me from selling other version made for different RPGs outside of the community content program.

I think the impact of these terms has greatly reduced the quantity and variety of product for Cypher, and Cortex community content program. The two programs that are the most similar to a Fantasy Age program. The Traveller Aid Society program likewise is a wasteland compared to the rival open content Cepheus system.

This term only makes sense if Green Ronin wants support for settings like Dragon Age and Blue Rose. Otherwise it will just drive off author who don't wish their original IP tied up with such restrictions.

I would like to develop material for Fantasy AGE but it has to be a two way street beyond the ability to commercially sell if the only thing being offered are the rules.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by robertsconley View Post
    When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.
    This!

I haven't released any material for DMsGuild because of the restrictions on original IP content.

I want to release material, I want to tap into that market, but if I am not allowed to produce my own setting material, it isn't a worthwhile venture for me.

Hopefully you guys will treat this more like Superlink and less like DMs Guild.

Fingers crossed!

The initial Community Content program will cover Fantasy AGE only. After we see how it goes we will likely add Modern AGE. Blue Rose is very unlikely to be added. Lazarus will not be added either, as it is a licensed property.

As far as explaining game concepts, I am not certain. I don't have the draft wording for the Community Content program in front of me.
    Sorry, I think there may have been a misunderstanding. To clarify, I brought up Blue Rose because, unlike it seems with Lazarus, in Blue Rose everything you need is right there in the book. You do not need the Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook for instance to find out what stunts are, how ability focuses work, etc.

As for keeping your campaign settings off limits, I would say that is very understandable. You want to control for quality and protect IP.
    Last edited by Otog; 04-17-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Dustin & Dragons.com: A very uncreative name for my blog on my RPG-related creative projects.

Defender of the Word

Also, thank you for being patient. The program should be launching very soon.
    Very excited.

I do wish that the 'making your game available via other methods' is less restrictive than DMsGuild, most notably I think people should be able to offer copies as rewards for crowdfunding (requiring these rewards to be via your storefront only and to charge per copy would be fair from my point of view).

With regards to derivatives, I agree with the 'shouldn't restrict the content to one system' idea. While I'm unlikely to make use of it I think it could be a real boon.

I'm just wondering, is the plan still to focus it on Adventures/Settings for the initial part? That works for me, but I'm sure others have their Expanded Alchemy books in the wings just waiting for the chance to upload them. I still need to focus on learning to draw well enough that my settings and adventures aren't hard to read.