Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merge: Tales of London (Recruiting ends September 21st!)

OPA Belta

Re: The Merge: Tales of London (Recruitment ends 9th April!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    Yep, but a very different one, a martial artist with psi weapons instead of a flying brick, and the pre-Japanese one on my end. There could be some fun awkwardness. “So you’re me, but Asian? From a comic where I was like this?”
    "Actually, you're the retro-clone, I think."

LOL, I'm using the 80s/90s versions of most of the heroes. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) is pre-Rogue in the red shirt and black short-shorts. Dazzler is in the white jumpsuit with KISS-style face paint. And Psylocke is basically a purple ninja with a glowing psi-blade and some mental abilities. And she's Japanese.

I was going to do an early version of Magik but even in the early days she was uber-powerful.

Oh, and I've updated my charsheet AGAIN. I started all over in Hero Labs and now I'm sure the points work out correctly. I've even attached a linked to the portfolio I'm using.
    Last edited by jmucchiello; 03-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    No worries. I deleted it. I just figured with the multiple submissions and the growing thread a point and click reference for submissions would reduce headaches for all involved. I also added Superwoman.
    On ENWorld's play by post forum, most games have three threads.

1) The recruiting thread that turns into the OOC thread when the game starts.
    2) The IC thread, duh
    3) And the often edited but rarely posted to Rogue's Gallery thread where the PC character sheets are gathered and maintained over the course of the adventure. Some GMs will post the adversaries in the RG thread so the players can just roll the attack roll and the defense roll, leaving the GM just to apply the effects and not have to spam coyote code with a bunch of 1d20+8 versus DC 23 rolls.

Optimally, the GM will post links to the other two threads in the first post of all three threads.

Not that a RG thread helps here as the game isn't started.

OPA Belta

I've spent an hour looking at youtube videos to determine the abilities of a character I'm not even sure I'm going to make.

@.@

Re: The Merge: Tales of London

Quote Originally Posted by betterwatchit View Post
    Dodgson: From what I'm seeing on Hero Lab, you've got 7 PP left over. I must also add that George's Status Benefit doesn't list who or what she is to gain that Benefit. And who is she a Cult Hero amongst?
    I've update the sheet to better clarify what the advantages apply to, the Status was just there to represent that she has a generally positive reputation with people that have heard of her, if you don't think that's appropriate just say and I can shift the points elsewhere.

Speaking of shifting things around, I'm never going to say no to free points but I did another run through on the numbers and they look fine on my end. Where does HL say I've missed something?

This is what I've been able to crunch about George with Hero Lab: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz3izaxli2...eorge.pdf?dl=0

OPA Belta

So as far as spell selection goes for Caroline, does it look alright or do you think I should change things up?

Jmucchiello: Cosplay Girl's stats look fine to me now.

Kirinke: Those spells make sense to me.

Post-Merge Slang:

This is only a very small fraction of Anglosphere slang that has emerged since the Merge. PCs are encouraged to come up with their own, as long as they can add the translation in the OOC section.

Blazer, Burner, Hotfoot: One who uses fire-based abilities.

Bleeder: Someone who willingly allows a vampire to bite them. Has also become shorthand for "suicidal idiot".

Candle: Any tower or other tall building used by fliers as a landmark or navigation aid. Known candles include the CN Tower in Toronto, Canary Wharf, the Shard and the BT Tower in London, the Berlin TV Tower, the Eiffel Tower and the Tokyo Tower.

Dapper: A DPA who uses their powers to help others and/or is well-known in a good way. "The Griffin of London is considered to be quite dapper."

Dipstick: (Pre-Merge) An idiot, famously used in the classic British sitcom Only Fools and Horses. Post-Merge, it means a DPA who's using their powers to be a public nuisance and disturber of the peace.

Dolittle: Anyone with Comprehend: Speak and Understand Animals. Most Dolittles end up developing Animal Empathy and are near-always among the most valued members of any group that works with animals.

DPA: Dramatically and Positively-Affected Individual. The British government's term for someone from Earth-Prime who has gained powers from the Merge.

Flier: One who can fly unaided.

Freezer: One who uses ice-based abilities.

Fulton: To aerially extract/rescue someone. From the Fulton Surface to Air Recovery System, which is popularly known from the Metal Gear Solid games. Several kinds of "Fulton harness" are widely available to allow fliers to more effectively carry/extract/rescue allies and bystanders. "If they've got any fliers, their objective will be to Fulton him!"

Hitting the Bottle: UK term, meaning to go to the Time in a Bottle pub in London. "If you want to ask that sort of question, the best thing to do is to hit the Bottle."

Lunatic: Anyone who worships a moon goddess. (Derogatory unless used by a Lunatic)

Porter: Anyone who can teleport or create portals. "They're got a porter!"

Power: UK English term for someone with abilities outside the human norm.

Random Encounter: Seeing something weird or getting into a fight while going outside. Originated from members of RPG clubs who realised that they were having them more often than they would like. "I had an encounter with some yobs on the way here, I knocked them out and told the police where they were."

Shocker: One who uses electricity-based abilities.

Solo: To fight numerous or more powerful opponents by yourself. The greater the challenge that's soloed, the more respect you get if you can actually prove it. (I.E. Someone who solos Batman will get much more respect than someone who solos a street gang.) "I don't care what anyone says, I can definitely solo him!"

Trilo: Short for Trilobite, a popular term for New Mechanicsburg currency. "I got lucky, they only fined me 50 trilos for that!"
    Last edited by betterwatchit; 10-20-2018 at 05:16 PM.

OPA Belta

All this background stuff, it's really interesting. I wish I could come up with stuff like that for my own game.

I find that a section on slang makes a setting look and sound more like people actually live there.