Thread: Help/Clarification on Template

UN Basic Recipient

Help/Clarification on Template

Specifically the Consuming Creature template from the Advanced Bestiary (found here).

In the template it says the Consuming Curse can be negated with a Will save, but nowhere that I can see does it list what the DC of that save is or how to determine the DC, at least not exactly.

It does say that the DC for the consuming curse is Charisma based. I have a difficult time believing that the DC would just be the Charisma modifier of the Consuming creature, so I would guess it would be something like 10+Cha mod, but even that seems quite low.

If I'm missing something obvious, I'm sorry, but I am interested in using this template, but I feel as if I'm missing something to make it work.

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Re: Help/Clarification on Template

The usual rule for any special ability that isn't a spell or spell-like ability is that the DC is 10 + 1/2 HD (or class level, for class features) + ability modifier.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it would follow that since it's called a curse, so I was thrown off.

One other thing I would like to make sure of before using it is:
    frequency 1/day; effect cursed creature loses one of its universal monster abilities or class features that is not spell casting (determine randomly)
    As I understand this, each day the consumed creature fails their save, they loose an additional ability or class feature. Is this correct?

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egeslean View Post
    As I understand this, each day the consumed creature fails their save, they loose an additional ability or class feature. Is this correct?
    Correct. A character under an affliction (a curse, disease, poison, and other effect using that same entry format) suffers the listed effect each time a save is failed until the affliction is removed (per the listed cure conditions, if any, or through a spell or other effect).
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.