Just in case you missed it, Green Ronin has released another PDF in the Chronicle Creatures Line, Chronicle Creatures: Desert Threats. I picked up a copy, and wanted to give my first impression (and encourage other fans of the line to pick up theirs too, in the hopes that Green Ronin keeps up support for the Chronicle System).

Desert Threats has new rules for, not surprisingly, Deserts. There's new environmental hazards, a couple mundane animals (hyenas, monitor lizards, and rhinoceroses, Oh My), and more fantasy-esque creatures too (the Golden Kraken seems to be the obvious star here, but I particularly like the Ashen Ghoul as well). There's a good bit of rehashing of previously published material and some re-skinned creatures with different names (I'm looking at you 'Wild Dog'), a few typos (such as the Wildcat's Knockdown ability still referring to wolves), but there's definitely enough new stuff here to make it a good buy for Storytellers looking for new foes or ideas.

(For what's it's worth, I'm currently Storytelling a Hunger Games adventure with a desert arena, and I look forward to throwing a few of these monstrosities at my player; I definitely appreciate that Green Ronin is still putting out content.)