Thread: Legend of Hyrule; AGE basic hack for Legend of Zelda

Legend of Hyrule; AGE basic hack for Legend of Zelda

Hey guys, I started a new tabletop group about a month ago with a group of players new to TTRPG. We started with Beyond the Wall RPG in a homebrewed world because I wanted them to get the old school D&D vibe. After a month, I can say that the high lethality of OSR system is becoming harder to deal with since my players chain one TPK after another. So, in short, I decided that next time they all get kill, we'll switch to FAGE because I want the high survival chance of the classes. Most of them are comic, manga or video-game artists and would love the cinematic feel of the Stunts and since we met some 20 years ago and really bonded over LoZ: Ocarina of Time (and most of them just bought Breath of the Wild), I decided to make a quick Hyrule setting for AGE.

So, here are the links to the basic rules (note: many references to FAGE or BrAGE) with some new races, talents and features. If anyone has other ideas or comment, please feel free to share. Credit goes to the artists for the great images I used in this document: Anna Earley, Aly K. Sasagawa, and all those whose names cant be found.

Basic Rules: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnDu96YUfdbxlh8VytU09l77X-AX
    Arcana Sheet: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnDu96YUfdbxlh6rEsHvXSLysQvr
    Character Sheet: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnDu96YUfdbxlh1qj8ZCGjTyV-nA

Re: Legend of Hyrule; AGE basic hack for Legend of Zelda

There are a few small things here and there, like do gorons really not get an ability increase by default? Otherwise, a very solid start.
    Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Dustin & Dragons.com: A very uncreative name for my blog on my RPG-related creative projects.

Re: Legend of Hyrule; AGE basic hack for Legend of Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by Otog View Post
    There are a few small things here and there, like do gorons really not get an ability increase by default? Otherwise, a very solid start.
    Yes, Hyrulan and Gorons do not start with a Stat increase since they receive a free arcana or a natural armor. I inspired myself from the Vata in Blue Rose who do not get a stat increase but gain a free arcane talent. In the case of the Goron, do you think that the restrictions (armor penalties and enthralled) are hard enough to compensate for a natural armor and the ribbon ability Rock Eater that they could receive a +1 to a stat? Would you give them a +1 Str or Con?

Thank you for the comment.