Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help bringing character to completion

Re: Need help bringing character to completion

Quote Originally Posted by Teknoguyver View Post
    Reflexive Energy Shedding: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Check Required: DC 10 - Perception)

If I understand that correctly, I need to hit a DC 18 to get all of the bonus to toughness.
    Yup, and that for only a 1 pp savings, but you do have a +11 in Perception. Or you can trim those points somewhere else. Four ranks of a skill, or taking off an Advantage would do it. Or you could move your Teleport into the array and have a lot of points to work with at the loss of flexibility.

UN Basic Recipient

Nope, it looks good to me. Would still like to have a mock battle to work out the kinks of play.

Alright. We can run it in the game room if you'd like. I've got a bunch of PL 8s to pick from in Hero High. How would you feel about putting your guy up against New Golden Marvel?

NGM (New Golden Marvel) - PL 8

Strength 10, Stamina 8, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
    Close Attack 2

Skills
    Acrobatics 1 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Light Blast 6 (+8)

Powers
    Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
    Force Field: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Sustained)
    Gold Vision: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
    Golden Light
    . . Golden Glow: Environment 3 (Light, Radius: 120 feet)
    . . Light Blast: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
    Infused with Energy
    . . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 6 (+6 STA)
    . . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 8 (+8 STR)

Offense
    Initiative +4
    Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
    Light Blast: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
    Throw, +2 (DC 25)
    Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)

Complications
    Identity: NGM is the grandson of the disgraced Civil Rights era hero and ex-con known as the Golden Marvel. In fact, NGM stands for “New Golden Marvel.” He keeps his identity as Martin Conte a secret to avoid trouble with his grandfather’s enemies, to keep people around him safe, and so his friends at home don’t realize who he is and what he’s doing.
    Motivation: Recognition: NGM has had a difficult life and has had very little support. He says he’s training to be a hero because that’s what others expect of him, but really, he’s hoping someone pays attention to him and recognizes him for being good at something.
    Overconfident: NGM believes he can handle anything that comes at him. He thinks he’s the strongest, toughest, fastest, most powerful member of Next-Gen and he shouts down anyone who says otherwise.

Languages
    English native

Defense
    Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 6

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 63 + Advantages 2 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 120

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
    Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

UN Basic Recipient

no, I'm good with that one. At this point any place to start is good with me.

thank you for your help.

Hmm... actually, I'm instead going to put you in the Quick Start Campaign that they offered with modified foes.

You can post here. The general rule of the boards is that people post their character name at the top, with hero points and any additional conditions listed below, often in a particular color for your character. Your narrative description of your actions go below that, with an OOC area at the bottom with a description of what you're doing mechanically (some people put it in a QUOTE block. I personally like just off-setting it and then putting the mechanics in italics). In this scenario, you might write something like the following:

Gate
    HP: 1

Gate stared intently at the map of Emerald City on his wall, little red push-pins indicating where each of the thefts had taken place. Unlike in the movies, the push-pins refused to resolve into convenient little symbols, or even do anything neat when he started using yarn to connect them by the date when they'd happened. He sighed in frustration and spoke over his shoulder.
    "Well, Captain Ace, looks like we're stumped." On the bed behind him, Captain Ace shook his head vigorously. Gate considered his partner's loyal trust, and turned back to the map.

"You're right. This has to make sense somehow. If only I could... dang it. Nature calls." He opened a portal into his apartment bathroom and stepped through. After quickly doing his business, he popped back. Captain Ace leaned against the wall, feigning sleep.
    "Dang it, Ace. I know no one ever poops in the movies, but in real life, people need... plumbing..." Thoughts racing through Gate's head, quickly ran over to his desk and rummaged through the rolled sheets of paper on it. "Map... map... map... hah!"

He unrolled the new map over the one on the wall, the push-pins below providing indentations. Each one was within 15 feet of a manhole or wastewater treatment plant on his map of Emerald City's sewage tunnels.
    "I told you that'd pay off," he told Captain Ace, who suddenly looked in extreme interest, "The scum of the Earth is often found alongside the scum of the Earth!." He jabbed his finger at the wastewater treatment center next to the latest pushpin. "And from here, I should be able to track them! Gimme five, old chum!"

Popping alongside the bed, he raised one hand. Captain Ace sighed loudly, but sat up and raised one paw in the air. When Gate lightly tapped it with his upraised hand, Captain Ace sighed again, and laid along the bed.

"Don't worry," Gate said to his spaniel, Captain Ace, "I'll be home in time to refill your food dish."

At the rusting door, Gate took a deep breath.
    "Can't 'port blind... who knows what's on the other side." He reached for the handle and winced as it squealed loudly as he opened it.
    "Well, here goes..." he said as he stepped inside.

OOC

Gate will open the door (Standard Action) and move inside (Move Action), keeping a sharp eye on his surroundings.

Still up for this?

UN Basic Recipient

Sure am, just having internet issues and then yesterday was valentines day so my wife had my complete attention. Was on my way to post when I noticed you posted here.

^_^ It's cool. http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ is what most people around here use for rolls, and you would put it in the OOC section of your post. InvisibleCastle.org used to be the standard, but then it went under. Do you want me to wait for the result of your roll before moving you forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Teknoguyver View Post
    [SIZE=3]OOC

Ok, I'm going to stop here to make sure that I have my checks in a row before I post anything else:

Perception Skill:1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26

Toughness save.: 1D20+16 = [17]+16 = 33

Initiative: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
    Your Toughness bonus is +8 with that Perception roll letting you use your "Reflexive Energy Shedding" (referring to the sheet I made you). The only time you add 10 is for passive situations where you don't roll such as your base defense. Seventeen is still an excellent roll, though, so 17 + 8 gets you 25. Other than that, you're good. Do you want to write your reaction to getting shot, but managing to shed the energy before he gets his action, him having a higher initiative?

And your Hero Point count should be 2 right now.

UN Basic Recipient

Reflexive Energy Shedding:Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Check Required: DC 10 - Perception)
    ok, so I had 16 as it says that protection gives +1 per rank to your toughness. so with a protection of 8 + a standard toughness of 8 I thought the total would be 16? this is why I wanted to do a mock battle so that I could work these kinks out.

You can go ahead and give pack-rat is action.