Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s) - Now With Patreon!

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s)

Looks good and like the final artwork - less cartoonish and its nice to see a series that shows strong female characters. Are their plans to follow this up with other characters?

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SignalGK View Post
    Looks good and like the final artwork - less cartoonish and its nice to see a series that shows strong female characters. Are their plans to follow this up with other characters?
    I’m glad you like the more realistic style of the final cover. We thought it turned out pretty well, too! And strong female characters are what Authentic Heroines is all about.

Speaking of which, to answer your question: absolutely. There will definitely be much more to come.
    Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 02-11-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Coming April 2018: Authentic Heroines: The Guide to Solar Woman

Product Identity: The following is designated as Product Identity, in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, Version 1.0a: all characters and their associated images, descriptions, backgrounds, and related information are declared Product Identity. The following text is Open Gaming Content: all game system rules and material not previously declared Product Identity.

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s) - Now With Patreon!

Since a few people have asked, we decided to start a Patreon, but it will probably be a day or two before we begin promoting it in an official capacity.

A lot of what's there will be available as a preorder special in our web store when it launches in the next 1-2 weeks, but there are also some Patreon-exclusive goodies (of course), with more likely to be added to the current tiers as we get closer to April 25.

You can either click the banner above or go HERE to find out more!

Product Identity: The following is designated as Product Identity, in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, Version 1.0a: all characters and their associated images, descriptions, backgrounds, and related information are declared Product Identity. The following text is Open Gaming Content: all game system rules and material not previously declared Product Identity.

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s) - Now With Patreon!

Not sure I understand the benefits of Patreon - according to an earlier post here the Bookmarked PDF: $10 US (Will be available at DriveThruRPG and our website store, and will include Hero Lab files for every character in the book) but on the patreon page it states The PDF Version (with Hero Lab files) and Monthly Bonus
    $15 or more per major Authentic Heroines release which consists of The PDF of the next release (The Guide to Solar Woman), Hero Lab files for every character in the book.

So patreon costs an extra $5 for

☑ All future monthly bonus characters.

☑ Everything prior to official release.

but for that you have to subscribe to agree to buy every every future issue before anyone's had a chance to review it? Why does that cost an extra $5?
    As I said this not a criticism just not sure what I'd get for the extra charge.

Not sure I understand the benefits of Patreon - according to an earlier post here the Bookmarked PDF: $10 US (Will be available at DriveThruRPG and our website store, and will include Hero Lab files for every character in the book) but on the patreon page it states The PDF Version (with Hero Lab files) and Monthly Bonus
    $15 or more per major Authentic Heroines release which consists of The PDF of the next release (The Guide to Solar Woman), Hero Lab files for every character in the book.

So patreon costs an extra $5 for

☑ All future monthly bonus characters.

☑ Everything prior to official release.

but for that you have to subscribe to agree to buy every every future issue before anyone's had a chance to review it? Why does that cost an extra $5?
    As I said this not a criticism just not sure what I'd get for the extra charge.
    The answer to your first question is quite simple: it was a typo. An unfortunate holdover from an earlier iteration of the Patreon page.

To answer your other questions... Calling them "bonus" characters was a poor choice of wording on my part. These will basically be the same thing as the Threat Reports released by Green Ronin, except there will be a lot more to them, and every few releases will share a common theme (more on this to be revealed soon). They'll be released every month, and will normally have a retail price of $2.00 each. However, at the $5 level on Patreon, that's going to be a minimum of 4 solo characters for $5, instead of $8 (because we won't have a major release any more frequently than every 4 months). But if it's 5 months, then hey, they got $10 worth of solo characters for $5. The only risk involved is ours. Think of the breakdown like this:

Month 1: The Guide to Solar Woman and solo character release
    Month 2: Solo character
    Month 3: Solo Character
    Month 4: Solo Character
    Month 5: The next major book (and billing date), and also a solo character, since they're still monthly

Patrons at the $10 level (for the PDF) were always supposed to receive the solo characters as a bonus - hence the original wording. The $25 tier has also been reduced to $20 to reflect this.

To me, the Patron we have set up is like Kickstarter, with two major exceptions (aside from not taking Time Rank 29 to get paid): 1) We don't have to create a new one for each and every book, and 2) It's already funded, so it's still going to happen even if it has zero patrons. Additionally, no one is committed to buying anything beyond the first book when they pledge, because they can cancel at any time.

I hope this helps to explain things better!

Thanks for that - subscribed. Good luck!

Thanks for that - subscribed. Good luck!
    You're welcome! Thank you for your interest! Maybe that explanation will help someone else who stumbles onto it and has similar questions. We could have gone into more detail on the Patreon page, but I felt like it was getting long enough already, as there was quite a bit to explain.