Thread: Wonders of Thedas Episode 42: THIS Dragon Breathes Lightning!

Keeper of Secrets Kot the Protector's Avatar

Wonders of Thedas Episode 42: THIS Dragon Breathes Lightning!

Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas, your one-stop-shop for all your Dragon Age roleplaying game needs!

You can hear the episode above, or you can listen on iTunes, Google Play, and Soundcloud!

We get creative in this soothing episode about Creation Magic! Whether you want to heal allies, create glyph traps for enemies, or make magic bees, there's no better school for supporting yourself and your friends! We tackle a large number of listener questions, from questioneers old and new, and we still encourage anyone with creations for Dragon Age that they don't mind sharing with us to do so!

If you would like to submit a question or some custom content for the Dragon Age RPG, you can send it to us through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Soundcloud, and WordPress blog accounts! You can email us at wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com or send a private message to Kot the Protector or Healerpuff on the Green Ronin forums, or Kot or Lisse on the d20 Radio forums!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Wonders of Thedas Episode 42: THIS Dragon Breathes Lightning!

Lots of good advice in this one! Awesome, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumWarlock View Post
    Lots of good advice in this one! Awesome, as always!
    Thanks! I only wish we had brought some extra folks on, as your input is always helpful, but we had a busy few days since we found out the subject of the episode. Just means we’ll have to invite you later!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Thanks for the episode - it certainly got me thinking about balancing combat encounters. I agree that simply increasing the number of foes the PCs face, even weak ones, directly increases difficulty due to the amount of actions and stunts they can generate. I also ruefully accept that a single boss fight in DA requires much planning - as you recommend, boosting actions or stunts is required, though an easier option is to add a few minions.

I wonder - have you ever flirted with using 'critter' type DA2 foes, who just take a hit or two to take down? How would you deal with a large number of critter type enemies - ghasts, for example? Could the cave beetle swarm idea be modified?

I look forward to the next episode!

Welcome to Ferelden; country of dogs, hearty food, and uppity commoners!

Next week we have a new episode about Backgrounds, and this episode want to look at the people of Ferelden! Who in this proud nation should we examine?

Click here to vote!

Ha! I'm not sure the Fereldens would view the Avvar or the Chasind as their countrymen - you might be better off calling the episode 'Blood of the Alamarri', methinks

I think I'll plump with my vote for the Avvar though - I have a soft spot for them since 'Jaws of Hakkon' in DA: Inquisition and the way a plotline was crafted in from our own pen-and paper game.

I look forward to listening!

We have a winner as strong as the mountain!

Winter is truly coming with the Avvar background! We will talk about this endlessly fascinating culture on the 18th!