Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Romverse (Post-Crisis New 52 Ultimate Animated Relaunch Edition)

Protomolecule Host

Re: The New Romverse (Post-Crisis New 52 Ultimate Animated Relaunch Edition)

And now, to start off the Year, an Anthropology Video:

A Screen flickers to life, showing a desk in front of a black board. Behind the desk, a Mature, grey-haired Rabbit male with classes checks some papers, adjusting his glasses as he looks at the camera. “Ah, hello. Today, in this video, we'll be going into the basics on the evolution of Anthro-kind, and our relationship with the rest of the animal kingdom.”

The Rabbit gets up and spins the blackboard around, showing pre-made chalk drawings showing a hominid skeleton alongside skeletons of a primitive anthro felinoid. “Now, as you may already know, the earliest fossil records discovered by anthropologists of sapient beings have revealed that our earliest ancestors all descended from proto-simian mammals, before an event now known as 'the great mutation', where it is believed external environmental stresses triggered dormant metagenetic traits hidden within the hominid genome.” He points to the proto-felinoid with a laser pointer. “These led to mutations within new generations of hominids, who developped physical traits based on the wildlife within their environments.

The rabbit turns the board again, and this time the formerly blank side now shows a map of the world, with migration lines on it. “As the hominids and their mutant brethren spread across the Earth's surface, they came into contact with new animal species, and acquired further mutations. “ The camera follows the pointer to another board, one showing a rendition of a hominid hunting a deer with a spear, alongside an early wolf anthro hunting with a knife and his teeth. Another picture shows another hominid picking berries, while a stag anthro is eating the leaves alongside the berries. “While both anthros and hominids could use intelligence and tool-creation for survival and influencing their environments, the anthros also had their atavistic traits giving them more options for survival, either in advantages for hunting, or for greater foraging options. As both subspecies were still genetically compatible, it didn't take long for the mutants to outpace their cousins, and slowly absorb the last few hominids into their numbers. It is now believed Anthro Simians are the last people most closely resembling our earliest hominid ancestors.”

The scene cuts to show the rabbit in front of another chalkboard, this one showing two Earths. “But we've also discovered that there are many alternate Earths where the Great Mutation never occured, or simply occured differently then on ours.“ The rabbit pulls up a of picture showing a statue of liberty shaped like a human woman rather then a female cow, followed by a picture of a crowd of humans. “Interestingly, in most of the ones we've found, Anthros are a rarety, and Hominids make up the sole sapient species. ...You'd assume this would prevent inter-species violence, but it seems that hominid-on-hominid violence is plentiful on its own despite the lack of great physical differences.”

We shall pause the video here, as I intend to rework some old illustrations for the next part.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf23 View Post
    "...before an event now known as 'the great mutation', where it is believed external environmental stresses triggered dormant metagenetic traits hidden within the hominid genome.”
    What I love about this bit is it realizes that if humans had some special bio-thingy throughout their history it would have done something big at somepoint in the Ancient Past because biology be random, yo.
    “Interestingly, in most of the ones we've found, Anthros are a rarety, and Hominids make up the sole sapient species. ...You'd assume this would prevent inter-species violence, but it seems that hominid-on-hominid violence is plentiful on its own despite the lack of great physical differences.”
    A great many people need to be made away of the hypothesis of Dunbar's number -- or, as I like to call it, the Monkey Limit -- and the idea that humans can only hold so many people in their "group" before they really don't care what happens to you, whether you look like them or not.

Looking at that Anthropology post, I'm now wondering what an anthro's diet is like. Are they omnivorous, or do they have particular preferences and/or requirements?

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by betterwatchit View Post
    Looking at that Anthropology post, I'm now wondering what an anthro's diet is like. Are they omnivorous, or do they have particular preferences and/or requirements?
    Well, so far my group and I have roleplayed special preferences (the rabbit having a vegetarian diet, and the frog eating bugs), but I'm keeping my options open. Mayne Anthros are omnivore, but driven to prefer a certain diet.

Anyways, for this Update, I decided to recycle some old visual aids of mine.

Not illustrated here: Pokemon Anthros, Digimon, and various Aliens. The Pokemon will actually serve as my setting's "Inhumans", being the parallel humanoid race native to Earth. I'll come back to revisit specific species entries later.
    Last edited by LoneWolf23; 01-10-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: changed image hosts

OPA Belta

I think some of that text is out of date, considering you now have the origin of anthros as being evolved from humans.

Also why wouldn't marsupials be considered mammals?

Also, Photobucket now requires $400 a year to allow external linkage, hence why I can't see those pictures.

postimages.org still allows it for free.

OPA Belta

Also, Photobucket now requires $400 a year to allow external linkage, hence why I can't see those pictures.
    Huh: I can.

Still might be a good idea to move it.

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    I think some of that text is out of date, considering you now have the origin of anthros as being evolved from humans.

Also why wouldn't marsupials be considered mammals?
    Sorry, I basically redid some old pictures to save time. And at the time, I was unsure where marsupials were on the whole mammal listings.

postimages.org still allows it for free.
    Thanks for the heads up, altered the hosting.

OPA Belta

Sorry, I basically redid some old pictures to save time. And at the time, I was unsure where marsupials were on the whole mammal listings.
    Yes, I am in fact rather sure I asked that exact same question back when you first posted that.

Protomolecule Host

Okay, this little project of mine took way too long, but I can finally post it. Here is a class picture of my campaign's PCs and their classmates at Claremont Academy. This ecclectic group comprises of native metas and magical beings, as well as aliens and a few "exchange students" from other dimensions.

Off-Center of the picture are the PCs:
    -Seraph, aka Skye Eldrich, played by my bestie supersonic250 (futa fennec with light powers)
    -Auriella, played by Matimura (Frog, Wrestler enhanced by a mask given to her by Archangel Michael)
    -Polymorph, aka Tanya Masters, played by my old friend Silkis (Rabbit, Teen Genius with a Plastimorph Suit)
    -Aka, played by Red_Rover (Snake, Former Ninja-style Assassin from a cult of orphans)
    -Cignature, played by Repede (Kobold with smoke-melding powers)
    -Wolfpack, aka Jayden Lupo, my own GMPC (Wolf with Duplication)

Then, from left to right, their classmates:
    -Ojaltak son of Talrith, young draconic warrior from a hidden kingdom known as the Wyrmlands.
    -Spider-Muffet, aka Gwen Parker, daughter of the class teacher Peter Parker, the amazing Spider-Fox. She inherited his powers, but has to assume a spider-form to use them.
    -Sylvir Fenvaris, a Unicorn mage student from the Fae Courts (Basically, Unicorns replace Elves in my setting).
    -Iceweasel (aka Tyrone Dolk, Weasel with Ice Powers)
    -Nitro (aka Xander Sawyer, Rat with the power to create energy mini-bombs)
    -Razorback (aka William Polzysky, Pig with Superstrength/Night Invulnerability) Iceweasel, Nitro and Razorback are the "Bulk and Skull" of the group)
    -Mew (Pokemon, part of the Pokemorph Royal Family)
    -Arc Pikachu (Pokemon, Mew's adopted brother)
    -I-Mech (Female dog, aka Diane Bark, Daughter of Tony Bark, the Invincible Iron Dog)
    -Platina (aka Clementine Demarais, Mink, Future Paragon template; Daughter of French Paragon Heroine La Victoire, who has serious “Beloved Smother” issues)
    -Tails (aka Miles Prower, a transdimensional exchange student from the alternate world of Mobius)
    -Cosmo (an alien refugee learning how to use her plant powers)
    -Tiffany 'Gia (Werecheetah. Another dimensional transfer student)
    -Charlotte Pincer (genetically created Harpy. Also from Tiffany's dimension)
    -Jonni Rocket (Female Rabbit, Genderswapped Clone of Johnny Rocket, Speedster Superhero)
    -Elite, aka Khan Summers (Male Crow. Grandson of Headmaster Duncan Summers, formerly the hero Blackwing. Basically, my version of Damien Wayne)

Again, took me a long time to finish this picture. I'll do smaller group pics for the staff.