Thread: Wonders of Thedas Episode 38: Magic is Meant to Serve You

Keeper of Secrets Kot the Protector's Avatar

Wonders of Thedas Episode 38: Magic is Meant to Serve You

Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas, your one-stop-shop for all your Dragon Age roleplaying game needs!

You can hear the episode above, or you can listen on iTunes, Google Play, and Soundcloud!

In our most Imperious episode yet, we talk high magic in high society, and the dangers of being a Tevinter Altus. We discuss the history of Tevinter an Altus would know, give some adventure seeds to help you get started, and remind everyone that session 0 is important for a game with dark subject matter. We have some excellent listener questions, and some ready to use pre-generated characters made by Andy, so you can get into the game nice and quick!

If you want to see Andy's (Platinum Warlock's) pregens, click here!

Don't forget that AetherCon is this weekend! Come see more than a dozen panels with folks from the gaming industry, play games from scores of systems, and not pay a cent for it!

If you would like to submit a question or some custom content for the Dragon Age RPG, you can send it to us through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Soundcloud, and WordPress blog accounts! You can email us at wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com or send a private message to Kot the Protector or Healerpuff on the Green Ronin forums, or Kot or Lisse on the d20 Radio forums!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Defender of the Word

Re: Wonders of Thedas Episode 38: Magic is Meant to Serve You

My pleasure! If you have any questions regarding the pre-gens, don't hesitate to ask!

For those of you curious, they are as follows:

Warriors:
    Human--Anderfels Survivor--Reaver
    Dwarf--High Born Dwarf (Warrior Caste)--Spirit Warrior
    Elf--Dalish Elf--Berserker

Rogues:
    Human--Orlesian Exile--Bard
    Dwarf--Duster--Marksman
    Elf--City Elf--Assassin

Mages:
    Human--Circle Mage--Force Mage
    Elf--Apostate--Necromancer
    Qunari--Tal-Vashoth--Shapeshifter

Once again, it was good to listen to the podcast. I must admit that I would be slightly loathe to include PCs from Tevinter, as the area has not been fleshed out with a computer game yet (and won't be until DA 4 - whenever that is). I can't believe you didn't mention the Romans in relationship to Tevinter though! I suspect a good grounding in Roman fact and fiction would be useful to Tevinter based plots and PCs.

I think there are a couple of plot hooks which might be quite interesting to incorporate somewhere for PC backgrounds: Firstly, to let the PC have a close relative who is a current, previous or future (depending on campaign time frame) member of a Tevinter cult, either one of Aurelian Titus' acolytes (the Red Adepts?) or of Corypheus.

Another option might be to have a young, low-level Altus as one of the Tevinter party frozen in time within the Still Ruins of the Western Approach. Somehow he escapes the time bubble, either before the Inquisitor arrives or during the bloodbath and confusion that follows sealing the breach - you then have a millennia old Tevinter as a PC, trying to get to grips with modernity! I admit though that it would be quite a roleplaying feat for the PC to carry off.

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Parsival; 11-16-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Keeper of Secrets Kot the Protector's Avatar

Our new episode topic has been chosen! We are talking about telling Epic Stories in Dragon Age and beyond!

Join us Thanksgiving day to hear our humble opinions about telling great stories with our favorite medium: roleplaying games!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!