Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom City 3e Errata

Keeper of Secrets

Freedom City 3e Errata

Thought I'd start this since I'm reading it now and I found one. Anyway, page 11 of the PDF on the Downtown section- the Place of Interest sidebar puts the Aquarium and the Pier 2 Shopping Center on the Riverside section, but the actual text lists both on the Waterfront. The Waterfront Places of Interest lists Ditko Street and the Riverside Park & Sentry Statue, which are in the text for Riverside.

Edit: And just found this on page 14 in the Theater District entry- "a neighborhood of small apartment buildings clustered around a number of local theatres and clubs featuring some the best nightlife in Freedom City."

Edit 2: Page 16- For the West Freedom section, the opening paragraph is printed twice.
    Last edited by King Snarf; 10-11-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Re: Freedom City 3e Errata

Dang, reading it from front to back in full and missed those myself. Here are the ones I've found so far.

• page 7, last paragraph: the whole as a whole [not sure if the first whole is supposed to be something else]. are accpted, missing first e in accepted.
    • page 9, map: It says Iquirium for a location in Riverside, is that right?
    • page 99, July 7 entry: under the influence off the Serpent Scepter, off should be of.
    • page 99, 2003 entry, paragraph 4: he enrolls in Claremont Academy using as Bolt. using feels out of place there, using what?
    • page 133, Warden Joshua Drummer: Based on Skills and Abilities total, Presence should be 3, not 2.
    • page 165, Tesla Atom: Offense section, missing + sign for Attack Bonus of Nucleonic Blast. Plus her Molecular Disruption AE seems to be missing Ranged for the Weaken Toughness, or is it limited to touch now?
    • page 172, last paragraph, 2nd sentence: his isions are only one of many possible futures. visions missing v.
    • page 176, Bowman: Has 1 rank of Equipment but not listed. Toughness listed as 6/2* Without Defensive Roll Bonus. His stats from Emerald City Knights had Equipment: Hi-tech Chainmail Hauberk [Protection 2], Commlink, Flashlight, GPS Receiver. Thus his Toughness should be 6/4* Without Defensive Roll Bonus.
    • page 176, last paragraph, last sentence: 2nd and in the sentence should an.
    Edit: • page 182, Dr. Metropolis: Intimidation skill is missing n at end.
    • page 186: The blue text at the bottom of the page is partially obscuring the last sentence, making it hard to read.
    • page 188, Siren: Her Freedom of the Sea and Sky array, Swimming should be 1 point, since it an Alternate Effect. Silver Net's Affliction is listed as 1 point, should be 15 points with Easily Removable accounted for. Powers total should be 62 points. Total should be 187.
    • page 190, last paragraph, 1st sentence: and offensive "sword", and should be an.

And now I go to sleep, will get to Villains of Freedom City section when I wake up.
    Last edited by Psistrike; 10-12-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Here is the rest of the errata I found.

• page 195, Shadivan Steelgrave: Under Real Name, unknown is spelled unknwon.
    • page 197, Mandragora: Ranged Attack advantaged should only be 9 ranks to get +13 attack bonus with Dragonfire. Advantages should be 20 points, Skills add up to 24 points. Total is 242.
    • page 199, Argo: 7 of his Toughness defense seems to have been bought directly, which I thought was against the rules.
    • page 201, Savage Serpent People: Offense line is off, Bite should be +2 attack bonus and instead of unarmed they should have Spear +5 (Close, Damage 4, Crit: 19-20).
    • page 209, Dr. Simian: Intimidation total missing + in front.
    • page 227, Conundrum: Offense section, Pistol should be +8.
    • page 233, Doc Holiday: Skills missing, mentioned under Enhanced Skills: Insight, Intimidation, Sleight of Hand, Stealth.
    • page 240, Echidna: Growth adds to Toughness for Constructs, so Toughness should be 16 with the removal of Armored Structure power to keep within PL listed. Total is 201 with noted adjustments.
    • page 241, Charibdrone: Parry should be 9 with Shrinking accounted for, but would make them PL 8. Powers add up to 84 points, Defenses should be 0 or -2 if Parry is lowered to 7 after accounting for Shrinking. Total should be 93 if Parry is kept at 9 and they are PL 8 or 91 if Defenses are -2 to lower Parry to 7.
    • page 243, paragraph 2, 1st sentence: prisions to himalways, him and always need to be seperated.
    • page 244, paragraph 4, 2nd sentence: Missing period between it and next sentence.
    • page 245, Powers and Abilities, 2nd paragraph:
    Goanna is well adapted from swimming
    , believe that should be for swimming.
    • page 258, Ms. Scarlet: Immunity power missing 1st I. Intimidation missing 1st i. Initiative should be +9.
    • page 259, Dr. Peter Hanks: starvation missing n in Advanced Immune System power.
    • page 260, paragraph 2, last sentence: to work on his reputtion, missing a in reputation.
    • page 260, Dybbuk: Powers add up to 73 points, Total 162.
    • page 263, The DNASCENT PROCESS, paragraph 2, last sentence: enemies the Labyrinthe, remove e from Labyrinth.
    • page 267, Lady Seven: Based Insight and Perception skill, Abilities Total and Defenses Total, Awareness should be 5. Under Skills, Insight misspelled as Inisght.
    • page 297, paragraph 6, 2nd sentence: first encounter with nativeswas, need a space between natives and was.
    • page 306, Taurus: Advantages, Equipment, distribute is missing 1st i.
    • page 308, Toy Boy: Abilities add up to 12, Powers add up to 131, Advantages add up to 7, Skills add up to 25, and Defenses up to 8. Total is 183. Ranged Combat: Toys would be +6 with his -1 Dex.
    • page 312, Madame Sin: Acrobatics is +13 total, Deception is +13 total, Expertise: Streetwise is +21 total, Insight is +14 total, Intimidation is +19 total, Stealt is +17 total, Technology and Treatment are +13 total each, and Vehicles is +13 total. Defenses add up to 26 points. Total is 247.
    • page 315, Warden: Toughness should be 8/6* Without Defensive Roll bonus. Plus shouldn't his PL be 12, due to his Door Key Dimensional Attack being +12 to hit and a rank 12 attack.
    • In the book there was mentioned, in Toy Boy's Advantage section in connection to Speed of Thought, said to see New Game Rules, but that section of the book seems to be missing completely. Under Cosmic Mind it say See New Traits. Under the Curator it says See Appendix.
    Last edited by Psistrike; 10-13-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Keeper of Secrets

I've input the missing Hero Lab files and have some errata from them.

Argo, p199 – points in Toughness have been applied directly to the save which is explicitly not allowed by the rules. Should have 7 ranks in Protection to make up for this. With those ranks in Protection total power cost is 380 and the total character cost is 432. Immortality has been costed wrong (5 points, should be 10), but when the powers have been totalled it looks like its been calculated correctly although a point was lost somewhere else.
    Dr Simian, p209 – total cost should be 210, all other given costs are correct so either they were added up wrong or its just a typo.
    Dr Stratos, p211 – Array base cost should be 49, not 39. Total power cost 86, Skill cost 21. Total character cost should be 194 rather than 195.
    Wildcard, p221 – Array base cost should be 37, not 73. Looks like a typo because the other powers in the array seem to have been built with that total in mind. Total cost of powers is 56, total skill cost is 30 rather than 32, total defences cost is only 20 rather than 34. Wildcard is a svelte 160 points rather than the 212 given in the book.
    The Collective, p223 – Dodge and Parry should be 10/2 based on Defences cost and the fact that he should only lose 8 ranks in each at full Growth rather than 10. The Senses part of Swarm Form only costs 2 points making that power overall cost 19 points. Total cost for the character is 282 not 283.
    Downtime, p235 – Powers total is 91 for a total character cost of 171 rather than 173.
    Talos, p302 – As with Argo points in Toughness have been applied directly to the save which is explicitly not allowed by the rules. Should have 2 ranks in Protection to make up for this. This makes the power cost 123 and Defence cost 24. The total character cost of 259 remains correct though.
    Toy Boy, p308 – Abilities cost is 12, not 36. Advantages cost is 7, not 4. Skills total cost is 25, not 23. Powers total 131, and Defences cost 8 rather than the 12 stated in the book. Total cost is 183 rather than 200.

Inceptor

Page 186
    The last line is sort of unreadable as it is covered by the “The Freedom League: Lady Liberty” banner at the bottom.

Page 266-267
    The bottom banner states “The Conqueror Worm”, but the character is Lady Seven. However, I cannot believe you put her as a villain.

Keeper of Secrets

p 10: The Places of Interest boxes for The Waterfront and Riverside have been switched.
    p 15: The initial paragraph for West Freedom repeats once in its entirety.
    p 21: Under Boats and Ships it has "privateswatercraft".
    p 28: Under A New Freedom, second column: "He rarely had help from many others, as heroes like Daedalus (who returned from his wanderings in space to help fight Omega) pitched in however they could."
    Last edited by SilvercatMoonpaw; 10-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Keeper of Secrets

p51: Under Major Religions: "Catholicism and Judaism are particularly influential in the West End, consideringdue to its diverse immigrant communities."

Minor one on page 41 that might simply be me reading too much into it, but Jacques Crennaire, aka L'enfant Terrible, is noted to have a "permanent child-like appearance", but the image is pretty clearly an aged adult. I guess he got cured?
    Page 225: The Conqueror Worm - "Then, as part of a malefic scheme, Malador the Mystic" is a paragraph by itself that probably had more to it.
    Last edited by FuzzyBoots; 10-19-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    My Builds

Current games:
    None. Focus issues.

Keeper of Secrets

p 55: Under Wintergreen: "This upscale cafés on Lantern Hill is the converted bottom floor of an old row house." (Bolding mine)

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    Minor one on page 41 that might simply be me reading too much into it, but Jacques Crennaire, aka L'enfant Terrible, is noted to have a "permanent child-like appearance", but the image is pretty clearly an aged adult. I guess he got cured?
    p 59: Similar to that, Dr Clarence MacCleod's picture shows him with hair, while his description says he's "totally bald".