Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 2: Meet the Crew

Defender of the Word

Re: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 2: Meet the Crew

Revenant
    Hero Points: 0 of 1. Luck Points: 2 of 2.
    Conditions: None.

Variable Setting:
    Mimicked Traits [Traits: Athletics +6 (+10), Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2]

Jane was out of the vehicle before it had even come to a full stop, she sprinted to the Warehouse, making her way to entrance dialing in the code that Alice had used during their initial training run. She moved to the change room, switching into her modified costume, skin tight microweave body armor, a subtle change, but still sporting the Wraith's iconic Crescent Moon. She moved quickly, confidently back to the van and as she waited for the others she ran through the case files she'd read on both the Crew and the Project Peacekeeper.

"We need to remember, there are civilian bystanders, perhaps being used as hostages and human shields. We need to attack this situation with surgical precision. Evaluate, assess, and engage."

OOC: Intellect Check [with bonus from Eidetic Memory] to recall the Crew's tactics. Crew Knowledge Check with bonus from Eidetic Memory: 1D20+5=[11]+5=16. Not bad, not great. If she gets anything actionable she will, of course, relay it to her teammates.

Keeper of Secrets Bill from Accounting's Avatar

BURST
    HP: 2

Expertise: Superheroes on The Crew: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
    OOC: Assuming a DC of at least 20, that should be enough to know the basics?

"Haha," Burst laughed at Drunken's Fist crazy joke. He imagined the next line would be, "Now I only have to see you on weekends!" and a crack about being like a child of divorce. "What are we really doing up here? Umm... parkour training? Street patrol?" The teen's guesses turned to incoherent babbling when his teacher gave no indication that he was joking.

"Wait, you're serious?" he exclaimed, loud enough to make a couple citizens below look up. This was an amazing opportunity, a chance Justin never believed he would have, but it was also very sudden. He thought that he wouldn't be getting into any serious hero business until his voice stopped cracking at least. The rookie hero paced nervously back and forth, rambling. "T-the Squadron said they would be looking for young heroes, but I had no idea they were already training some! And now you want me to join them to fight the Crew? THE Crew? Wildfire, Goliath, Crystal Queen, and Cheshire Cat? Do you know when they'll be here? D-do we have time to plan? To stretch?"

Even before an answer, Burst began reaching for his toes with desperation, as if a warm-up would be the difference between life and death (against villains who didn't kill). Meanwhile, he muttered to himself teachings about fighting. "Keep your stance in mind. Staggered feet, balance between stability and speed. Don't go over your power limit. Facilitate easy body expression and..."
    Last edited by Bill from Accounting; 02-21-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Keeper of Secrets Doctor Malsyn's Avatar

破壊 "Hakai "
    ---

Masumi ducks her head down, her cheeks tinted red as she tried to hide the smile garnered by the All-Star's praise. It just made her day to realize that she actually had something useful to share even if the hero dished out that information shortly after. Though neither of them went over all the details of The Crew's abilities, which could prove to be pretty invaluable in a direct confrontation. Even though she realized there was more to say on them, those explanations were set aside for when they were needed instead. Partly out of nerves, and partly because she didn't want to overload her teammates with too much information all at once.

When it came time to get out of the van and fetch their new hero outfits, the girl hesitated and bit her lower lip. Somehow the tailor had talked her into an outfit that felt completely unlike something she'd normally wear, complete with a colorscheme that felt more in tune with Azar then herself. Far too tight, far too girly, though it also breathed like Egyptian Cotton. That person knew really their stuff when it came to making something comfortable yet practical.

With a deep sigh and a realization there was no going back by this point, the young girl finally hopped out of the car and rushed to go and put on her outfit. When she returned as the tall and gangly monster Hakai, the all-star in training wore an outfit that definitely seemed a few steps out of her comfort zone. It was her hope that the purple and pink shades, miniskirt, and knee-socks would help her seem less like an androgynous alien and more like the feminine heroine she hoped to become. To her it all still made her look pretty creepy, there was very little that could be done about her shallow ribs and freakishly massive forearms.

"Erhm... Right, okay. Surgical. Precise. I can probably do that."
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Keeper of Secrets

AJ made her way back the van with the rest of the team, though she was still fussing with the details of her updated costume- strapping the wrist comm under one sleeve cuff, making sure her hair was tucked into place under her hood and so on. She listened to the others for a bit before speaking up.

"So Ah guess our whatchamacallit... 'primary objective' is makin' sure nobody gits hurt. What's up after that? More important to bust up the robbery, or to capture these crooks? And which one of us gits to give 'em their one fair warnin', before we start bustin' 'em up? We can't just jump 'em, that wouldn't hardly be fair at all..."

She paused, then looked around at the others. "An' Ah guess we oughta figure out if any of these folks got any kinda ranged firepower, since we're mostly all best at close range stuff. If these folks like to throw fire or lightnin' or stuff, that's gonna make things tricky..."

>OOC: I probably would have stretched this over a few posts to allow responses, interjections, and so on, but with my limited access I wanted to get it out while I coulld. Feel free to chop it up a bit if you want to respond.

Keeper of Secrets

Sparkle
    HP: 2; Conditions: None
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinderq1 View Post
    "....We can't just jump 'em, that wouldn't hardly be fair at all..."
    "But it would be tactically sound."
    Mary Martin, vlogger and unwitting Grue sleeper agent
    Sparkle, the half-alien/human magic princess

Keeper of Secrets Doctor Malsyn's Avatar

破壊 "Hakai "
    ---

"But it would be tactically sound."
    "Well, Buckaroo Bōrudo is well known for his dynamic entries..."

"An' Ah guess we oughta figure out if any of these folks got any kinda ranged firepower, since we're mostly all best at close range stuff. If these folks like to throw fire or lightnin' or stuff, that's gonna make things tricky..."
    "Erhm, well... Chesire can do things like... illusions, some mind control... Wildfire has his flames, but he can't control them unless he's touching them directly. Uh... And Crystal has her shards. I guess they're a lot more 'ranged' then we are overall..."
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Defender of the Word

Revenant
    Hero Points: 0 of 1. Luck Points: 2 of 2.
    Conditions: None.

Variable Setting:
    Mimicked Traits [Traits: Athletics +6 (+10), Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2]

Jane nodded as the other's brought up some valid points. "They use pretty standard delaying tactics, engage their opposition, and delay them with collateral damage, while the rest of their crew moves towards the objective. Once secure, they will disengage and retreat, relying upon Chesire Cat's teleportation." She considered the teleportation, "Chesire also uses deception and mis-direction to keep her opponents off balance, whereas Goliath & Wildfire like to make a show of their abilities cause significant damage, though they have restrained themselves from carelessly injuring bystanders, and Crystal Queen likes to throw down with heroes."

She paused, considered what she knew of her team mates, "Goliath has a thing for Crystal, so if she's in trouble he'll go off script to help her out. We can use that." Another pause, "I think AJ and I should concentrate on clearing the bystanders, Azar you lure Crystal, call her out, challenge her. Masumi, you work Wildfire over, as quick as you can, AJ will back you up once the civilians are clear." She shrugged, "I'll see if I can pick Chesire out, and neutralize their teleporter. Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy, so we'll probably end up winging it, but we can at least pretend like we're going in with a plan." A final pause, perhaps some apprehension, "Thoughts?"

Keeper of Secrets

AJ nodded as Revenant laid out her idea for a plan. "That seems pretty 'tactically sound', Ah think. But since we know where they're gonna be, do we wanna throw 'em for a loop, before they even git started? Ah mean, unless they're ALREADY robbin' the place, I can be there first. They would hafta drop back, change their plans, maybe even bail out on the job entirely unless they want somethin' special..."

As she spoke, she leaned over towards the door of the van, ready to move.