Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 1: Induction Day

Keeper of Secrets Doctor Malsyn's Avatar

Re: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 1: Induction Day

破壊 "Hakai "
    HP: 1
    ---

She actually smiles at her at the girl now, "All buzzes? I also had trouble at first when I first transformed, I kept wanting to scream instead of say words. I am better at it now though, so I think I will get better with English too." As she concludes, she doesn't seem to realize she just casually revealed her empowered nature to the other girl, now focusing on the rest of her words.

"Yes, that sounds more right. I normally am good with biology stuff, but my textbooks are all in Japanese. I am actually studying to become a doctor! The woman who was with me that helped me get ready for school also bought me some American medical textbooks, but I am still reading them. Here, let me show you..." She trails off, as her hand grabs at the empty space beside her. Her face becomes a little strained as she continues to furiously swipe at nothing, before closing her eyes and slowly placing her hands over her face.

After a deep breath, she finally reveals her error. "I left my bags at the front gate...*Muda da, watashi..."

*"I'm useless..."
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Keeper of Secrets

Sparkle
    HP: 1; Conditions: None
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinderq1 View Post
    And with that she leaned forward and 'fell' out of the open window...
    Azar casually leans out the window. "So I shall see you then at the auditorium?"

I just need to find it, she thought to herself.
    Mary Martin, vlogger and unwitting Grue sleeper agent
    World-Walker and the Guardian Beast, reluctant protector of inter-Earth travel and her bodyguard
    Sparkle, the half-alien/human magic princess

Keeper of Secrets

Maung

"Alright, let's go then." Said the Tiger Warrior with a small smile. "Make sure you lock the door. Or do you want me to do it?" He looks back at Tyler just before exiting the room.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    Azar casually leans out the window. "So I shall see you then at the auditorium?"

I just need to find it, she thought to herself.
    A few minutes later AJ reappeared outside the window, her arms full of more luggage- which she simply dumped inside before flying off again. Another moment and she was back, this time hauling a battered military footlocker that barely fit through the window. With a quick glance at her watch, she simply piled everything on the bed (except the footlocker, which went beside the bed for now).

(If Azar is still there: "We better git going, 'less we wanta miss that big meeting..."

>OOC: Ready to move to next scene

Keeper of Secrets

Sparkle
    HP: 1; Conditions: None

Azar follows AJ to the auditorium, but decides to take a seat right up front.
    Mary Martin, vlogger and unwitting Grue sleeper agent
    World-Walker and the Guardian Beast, reluctant protector of inter-Earth travel and her bodyguard
    Sparkle, the half-alien/human magic princess

Keeper of Secrets PauloDeWalshio's Avatar

OOC: Alright, let’s move on
    The Auditorium
    The auditorium is absolutely packed with students and staff members alike. By the time most of you arrive, all of the good seats have already gone and you sadly have to settle for some of the crappier ones (right at the back, next to teachers, etc.). The loud innocuous chatter between friends drowns out almost everything else, to the point where you can barely hear yourself think, until the sound of someone tapping on a microphone and then clearing their throat plays over the speakers. Most of the chatter dies down immediately, with the students still talking quickly silenced by stern looks from some of the teachers, as everyone turns their eyes towards the stage. Standing centre stage behind the podium is a woman easily in her late sixties, clutching a crutch in one hand and putting a lot of her weight on it. She smiles warmly and begins.

"Good afternoon, future and returning students of Carson! I am Gloria Woodrow, the head teacher of this fine academy. I'd like to thank you all for coming here today, and I know many of you likely have other obligations to attend to and find speeches such as this unbelievably dull so I'll attempt to keep this brief...though I can't promise it will be interesting either way."

She pauses to allow some isolated instances of laughter to die down before continuing. "I'd like to talk briefly about the history of this school, specifically its motto. You may have seen the plaque outside reading 'Per Ardua Surgo. Ad Altiora Tendo.' or, in English, 'Through adversity, I rise. I strive for higher things.'. Those words are the very foundation of this school, on which even the bricks of the buildings are built, and were forever at the forefront of my father's mind when he built it from the ground up. You see, my father was a superhero. Not one that any of you have likely heard of, he was obscure even in his heyday, but a hero nonetheless. However, in his escapades he noticed the same types of people fall into crime again and again - those who were societal outcasts due to the appearances their powers gave them, those who were down on their luck and simply had no better options, and those whose who were just as much victims of their powers as anyone else. My father couldn’t let this stand, and so used his considerable wealth to build this school in 1964, hiring the best teachers this country could offer with one goal in mind - to teach disenfranchised and victimised youths not just the skills they would need for a future career, but also to control their powers and use them responsibly, regardless of their pasts or their outer-appearances. And so Carson Academy was born, named after the late Johnathan Carson - a so-called ‘Gene Freak’ supervillain who died saving my father’s life.”

“Since then, our students population has extended beyond just the disenfranchised and now include anyone with the drive to succeed and ‘strive for higher things’ as it were, but our ideals have not changed. Carson is a school that accepts all - be they powered or non-powered, physically altered or unaltered by their abilities, poor or rich, and so on - and gives them the resources and help required for them to become truly great individuals. As such, I wish you all a safe, welcome, and productive school year.”

Ms Woodrow shakily sits down in a nearby seat as another teacher walks up to the podium and begins directing students to exit one row at a time. As each of you reaches the door however, a member of staff informs you that Ms Woodrow asked for you to head to her office in the admin building so that she may speak to you in private. If asked what for, they simply shrug and say they don't know.

Keeper of Secrets

Phenom
    HP: 1

Amber had spent her time wisely once her chat with Peter had ended. He actually seemed really sweet in a nerdy kind of way... and it was kind of interesting to know that outside of his banal exterior was an alien cyber-suit bonded to his physiology!

After that, however, she had a quick live Snapchat session for her followers in the hallowed hall... seriously if all went well she was going to found and dedicate a media empire to the concept of “metas as celebs” obviously the interest was there!

Even still, when people started to trickle in the trendily dresses Ms. Morgan would slink into one of the seats towards the back and at the end of the aisle. It was what some might call, ‘a terrible seat’ her. Her view to the state slightly obscured. But, it was an incredibly tactical maneuver... she ‘d figured out where she could get maximum coverage of the student body and...when the time was right... during the period of commotion just before the speech began... she posed, lifted up her camera and gave a sharp, excited smile. With a click of the button... she’d just selfied herself with nearly half of the auditorium.

OOC

She will be activating her power mimic... Seems like the perfect place for it. She’s going to avoid grabbing anything overtly physical for the time being and emphasize travel and defense. Since she’s casting a wide net we can do this a couple of different ways... I could come up. With 45 points worth of ‘copied’ student body powers and run them by you, or you could just make some up for Phenom to make use of, or come up with a grab bag for me to select options from what’s available. Or anything else, just let me know!

IC

She gritted her teeth as a rush of adrenaline slid through her upon looking at then selfie. She uploads it to cloud storage with a satisfied smile playing across her lips. She leans back self-satisfied against her seat as she focuses in on the speech that had just begun. Learning the history of the school, and eagerly nodding along with the message of inclusion for those that had been ostracized because of their gift.

Amber is the first one to begin enthusiastically applauding at the end of Ms. Woodrow’s speech. Luckily the other students join in and she’s not left clapping alone like a big dork... when it’s time to go she leans back and studies her selfie again.

”That’s going on the channel.” she grins to herself before collecting her bag and heading out into the crowded line of students trying to slip out of the auditorium. Her bright smile was on display for anyone that caught her eye, but so too was a little bit of clumsiness when she almost trips over her own bag and winds up nudging the person in front of her a little too hard when she catches herself.

”S-Sorry!”

OOC

Figure the person she’s bumping into can be a PC or NPC, so- first come first serve as to whom she klutzes into!

IC

Of course, she’s thrilled when she gets a personal invitation to Ms. Woodrow’s office! She’s not going to waste any time heading straight there! Her mind is already swimming with possibilities as copied power flows tingly through her limbs. Today is continuing to be awesome!