Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 1: Induction Day

Keeper of Secrets

Re: The New All-Star Squadron - Episode 1: Induction Day

Maung

"Oh, um, sorry. I'm Reza Ramadhan. I'll have my key now, please." He quickly told the staff member so he doesn't have to waste any more time.

Inceptor

Revenant
    Hero Points: 1 of 1. Luck Points: 2 of 2.
    Conditions: None.

Variable Setting:
    Athleticism [Acrobatics 7 (+15), Athletics 7 (+15), Advantages: Improved Defense, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Athletics]

The young woman's confidence, and exuberance hit Jane like a wall. Katie, above all else, knew exactly where she fit into the social dynamics of Carson Academy, and she felt envious of that self assurity, she smiled, thinking this young woman could be some from which she could take her social cues, "Hey Katie, I'm Jane." She shrugged, played up the wide eyed wonder, "yeah, it's all a little much to take in right now, so I hit the track," she waved her hand back towards the athletic field. "Just wanted to get in a quick shower before the big assembly, right?" She followed the young woman, studying her for social clues, pause, inflection, watched how she strode through the crowd, smiles and nods to other members of her social circle. Interesting.

"So," she asked her new found friend, "are the dorms here co-ed," she thought of Tyler, she may have even blushed, "or are the girls in one, and the boys in another?"

Keeper of Secrets

Sparkle
    HP: 1; Conditions: None
    Quote Originally Posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
    "Well, you want your keys or not? I've not got all day here."
    "I'm Azar Darzi and...." she pulls over Masumi ".....the waifu is Masumi Kusatsu."

She takes the proffered key and stares at it. "Um, where are these rooms?"
    Mary Martin, vlogger and unwitting Grue sleeper agent
    World-Walker and the Guardian Beast, reluctant protector of inter-Earth travel and her bodyguard
    Sparkle, the half-alien/human magic princess

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
    AJ

David's story sounds like he completely made it up on the fly (why would a teenager even be in a lab at night in the first place?) and that second where his smile dropped implies that there's almost certainly something about the real story that makes him not want to talk about it.

"Aye, from Scotland as you can probably tell. And no, haven't moved in yet. I literally just got here like you - slept in waaay tae late."

He also hands his creased exchange papers into the greeters, prompting a sigh and an eye-roll from one of them, before continuing. "Was just about tae head over tae the admin building. Race you there?"
    AJ kept smiling, but she looked pointedly over at the check-in table. "You reckon that's a really good idea? Ah'm REALLY not supposed ta break the sound barrier 'mongst all these buildings and people." She closed her eyes for a moment, and drew in a deep breath. Opening her eyes again, she shot a quick glance in the direction of the administration building.

"Oh, what the heck- you conned me into it..."

>OOC: Gotta love those complications. AJ will stay down to Flight 8, or maybe 8.5, just enough to not actually break the sound barrier, and the Precise modifier on her Flight lets her accelerate and decelerate on a dime. Though I guess with the speeds and distance involved (well under a round for either of them, and more likely less than a full second) it comes down more to who gets off the mark faster (Roll Initiative!). AJ gets a 23, but with a +17 David probably wins it. Roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=182326
    Last edited by pathfinderq1; 10-12-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Keeper of Secrets Doctor Malsyn's Avatar

破壊 "Hakai "
    HP: 1
    ---

Masumi can't help but feel distinctly annoyed by the girl dragging her around on a whim, as well as constantly referring to her as a 'waifu'. Just who does she think she is anyway? But other then a scrunched up face, she keeps her own comments to herself regardless of offense. Especially around all these other people. So after a very futile attempt to discreetly dislodge herself from the other girl's grip, she spoke up.

"Erhm... Yes. I am Masumi Kusatsu. I would like to have my room key now please and thank you?"
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Keeper of Secrets PauloDeWalshio's Avatar

Phenom
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenStalwart View Post
    "Oh, thanks! You're awesome and of course you can take a selfie! Oh, is that a custom job?" she asks about the unique phone that Sofya was brandishing. "Mine too," Amber proudly displays the DaVinci Industries prototype that she'd been able to acquire for herself. [color=magenta]"This is so going on my webshow..."[color=Magenta]
    Sofya nods. "Yes, it is. It is sort of necessary when you can crush a normal phone with your bare hands, and I did that! Several times!"

"Thanks, Sofya, you are totes the best. Do you know where we're supposed to go to check in? I mean, I'm staying off campus in this cute little apartment downtown - but I think the e-mail said something about a 4:30p start.. but like, I have no idea where anything is, and no sense of direction what-so-ever."
    "I just came back from the administration building - that's where you go if you're staying in the dormatories - that meeting is to be held in the...auditorium, I think is the word? Hold on one moment..."

She takes the map of the campus out of her pockets and studies it thoroughly. "Ah, yes, the word is auditorium! The meeting is being held in the auditorium, which is this building here,"

She shows you her map and points at the building labelled 'Leonard Fox Auditorium'. "It seems that you just have to go through the main quad and it will be right in front of you."

Maung, Hakai, and Sparkle
    Quote Originally Posted by RMD48 View Post
    "Oh, um, sorry. I'm Reza Ramadhan. I'll have my key now, please." He quickly told the staff member so he doesn't have to waste any more time.
    The staff member reads the form, mumbling "Reza...Reza...Reza..." to himself. Suddenly, he exclaims "Ah, Reza Ramadan - Room 212 in the Edward Jon Carter building."

He hands you your key and then scores your name off of the list. "Pretty sure your roommate's already got his key, so he's probably already settled in."

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    "I'm Azar Darzi and...." she pulls over Masumi ".....the waifu is Masumi Kusatsu."
    He looks back down at the form. "Azar Darzi - Room...301 in the same place."

She takes the proffered key and stares at it. "Um, where are these rooms?"
    He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Look on your map for the green-roofed building that has '7B' written on it. That's the one you're in."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
    Masumi can't help but feel distinctly annoyed by the girl dragging her around on a whim, as well as constantly referring to her as a 'waifu'. Just who does she think she is anyway? But other then a scrunched up face, she keeps her own comments to herself regardless of offense. Especially around all these other people. So after a very futile attempt to discreetly dislodge herself from the other girl's grip, she spoke up.

"Erhm... Yes. I am Masumi Kusatsu. I would like to have my room key now please and thank you?"
    The staff member looks down at the list again. "Masumi Kusatsu. You're in Room 304 in the...Edward Jon Carter building. Huh. Anyway, your roommate's also already got her key."

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinderq1 View Post
    AJ kept smiling, but she looked pointedly over at the check-in table. "You reckon that's a really good idea? Ah'm REALLY not supposed ta break the sound barrier 'mongst all these buildings and people." She closed her eyes for a moment, and drew in a deep breath. Opening her eyes again, she shot a quick glance in the direction of the administration building.

"Oh, what the heck- you conned me into it..."

>OOC: Gotta love those complications. AJ will stay down to Flight 8, or maybe 8.5, just enough to not actually break the sound barrier, and the Precise modifier on her Flight lets her accelerate and decelerate on a dime. Though I guess with the speeds and distance involved (well under a round for either of them, and more likely less than a full second) it comes down more to who gets off the mark faster (Roll Initiative!). AJ gets a 23, but with a +17 David probably wins it. Roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=182326
    After moving a sufficient distance away from the greeter's table so that neither of you cause another mess, David quickly drops down into a rather amateurish runner's stance. "On three, alright?" he says as you also get ready, "One...Two...Three!"

And the two of you are off in a blur of motion, though David started his run a few precious milliseconds before you could get into the air and really hit your stride. The race is close, and you get the feeling that you could easily have overtaken him had the goal been further away, but David just barely wins in the end, skidding to a halt at the door of the building with a cocky smile on his face.

OOC: Sure, let's go with that to make it a bit interesting.

Initiative Roll: 1D20 + 17 = [11]+17 = 28, so David beats you but not by much.
    Revenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The young woman's confidence, and exuberance hit Jane like a wall. Katie, above all else, knew exactly where she fit into the social dynamics of Carson Academy, and she felt envious of that self assurity, she smiled, thinking this young woman could be some from which she could take her social cues, "Hey Katie, I'm Jane." She shrugged, played up the wide eyed wonder, "yeah, it's all a little much to take in right now, so I hit the track," she waved her hand back towards the athletic field. "Just wanted to get in a quick shower before the big assembly, right?" She followed the young woman, studying her for social clues, pause, inflection, watched how she strode through the crowd, smiles and nods to other members of her social circle. Interesting.
    "Oh yeah, I, like, totally get that," Katie replies "Wouldn't want to be stuck in the auditorium smelling all gross! Trust me, one of the boys - Johnny - did that last year...ugh. Paid even less attention to Ms Woodrow than I normally do."

"So," she asked her new found friend, "are the dorms here co-ed," she thought of Tyler, she may have even blushed, "or are the girls in one, and the boys in another?"
    She sees that blush and a sly smile forms on her face. "Dorms are co-ed, but boys and girls are kept on separate floors, so don't get any funny ideas, kay? Least not when people are around."

She pulls down her sunglasses, revealing literally glowing blue eyes, and winks. Mercifully, before that discussion can go on any longer, a bolt of yellow lightning zooms past the two of you while the shadow of another person passes overhead. In the distance, you see the two of them stop just outside the admin building. This also grabbed Katie's attention, as she refocuses on the building. "Bee-tee-dubs, Mr Wilson's the one handing out the keys. Dude's a bit of a di...a bit of a jerk, so fair warning before you go in."

Keeper of Secrets

Phenom

Amber was quite the power-phile, and it totally showed in the wide-eyed groupie stare that she was giving Sofya. ”That is so cool - yeah, I got mine basically cause I’m such a klutz... like, I always have these spiderweb cracks in my screens from dropping my phone literally anytime I wanted to pick it up.”.

Which, admittedly was a bit of a half-truth, she found someplace to build her a nigh indestructible phone because it was the source of Phenom’s powers... and that meant it was going to have to survive the kind of things they didn’t build a normal smartphone for, like... energy beams and the void of space.

She snapped a photo of Sofya’s map and tapped her head in the universal symbol for ‘I was using my brain’.

”Yes, auditorium. Your English is really good! Like, way better than my Russian anyway. I’m gonna see if I can get a decent seat in the auditorium... I’m doing a whole ‘semester in Carson’ season on my webshow... which posts most every Thursday at 6:15p - just google Suoerherochic if you want to find it - so yeah, maybe subscribe if you’re interested?”

”See you a little later?” and with that, and a curl of her adroit fingers as she waved goodbye, Amber sets out to explore the campus. Already she’s more interested in the people around her than she’s ever been at her old school. There was so much raw potential here - anyone might go on to save the world... it was an awesome thing to be in the presence of so many meta humans.

She’d already met The Beast, who was so completely chill... if it wasn’t for the fact that she had a secret identity to keep, she totally would have copied her incredible abilities... well... as much as she could, anyway. That much raw power was probably beyond her... its?... abilities to duplicate completely.

The pretty brunette moves towards the auditorium, glad to have skipped the line for room assignments. She stops to take a picture of a statue and a marble fountain, but other than that her oath is fairly straight towards the auditorium. She’s slightly on a hurry because she wants a good seat that will allow her to film the opening speech.

Not many of her followers could be there at the school with her, so she was happily willing to be their proxy and share her moment with them all.

Keeper of Secrets

Maung
    "Roommate!? Roommate!? What the fuck does he mean roommate!? Why the hell should I share my room with ANOTHER PERSON!?" Though Ramadhan. He has always been an introvert, a secret he hides well. The thought of living in the same building with people was bad enough for him, let alone sharing a room. He shook his head and sighed before punching a nearby wall and walking to his room. His excitement suddenly turned into annyoance.

Keeper of Secrets Doctor Malsyn's Avatar

破壊 "Hakai "
    ---

he staff member looks down at the list again. "Masumi Kusatsu. You're in Room 304 in the...Edward Jon Carter building. Huh. Anyway, your roommate's also already got her key."
    She reached out for the key with her free hand, giving it a curious look before turning back to the one manning the desk. "Oh, who is she? You have a look of surprise." She observed, wondering what prompted the man's response. Hopefully they weren't weird like this Iranian girl was being right now. She noticed that the dark skinned boy had somehow escaped their mutual death-grip and walked off, punching a wall for who knows why.

Then she blinked. "...Wait, did you say there was a map? I never received a map."
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Inceptor

Revenant
    Hero Points: 1 of 1. Luck Points: 2 of 2.
    Conditions: None.

Variable Setting:
    Athleticism [Acrobatics 7 (+15), Athletics 7 (+15), Advantages: Improved Defense, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Athletics]

"Thanks again Katie," she smiled as she watched the two speedsters finish their race, "I'm going to take you up on your offer though, assuming it was legit?" She pulled out her phone and swiped to her contacts, "I can look you up, right? If I need someone to show me the ropes." Her entire demeanor shifted, her posture, the cadence of her speech, "You don't wanna, like, toot your own horn or anythin' but you're kinda a big deal 'round here, so if anyone starts giving me trouble I can come talk to you and you'll sort 'em out."

As rapidly as it had happened, her demeanor shifted, returning to her normal posture, speech and cadence, "I'm holding you to that." She smiled cheerfully.

OOC: I've been thinking about Jane and her uniquely high Deception, and it is based off of her Eidetic Kinesthesia, she can mimic physical skills and abilities, so at the same time she can perfectly mimic things like posture, speech patterns, and such. Given time & training she could be quite an effective disguise artist, and impersonator. So that's what the above is trying to display.