Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

OPA Belta

Re: Xenoforce: Welcome to Earth.

Xarvalis
    HP: 1
    ---

Xarvalis secretly hopes that they'll finally run into some of the native sapients while exploring the area, and checks to make sure his Cyber-Link Goggles are in their usual place in his pocket before heading out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
    "It'll be fun to explore the area some more," The Sthyss replies to Griklik's announcement as her head-tendrils wriggle in enthusiasm. "Maybe we'll find some new creatures I can eat?"
    "I'm sure we'll forage for additional nutritional supplies while we're out," he says. "That said, is that all you ever think about?"

---
    OOC;

Re: Xenoforce: C.2: Meeting the neighbors

Ashani
    ---

"Well, no." Ashani turns to Xarvalis with a toothy grin. "It's just that a full belly makes me happy, and eating new things is super fun!~"

OPA Belta

WHITETAIL
    HP: 2, Status: Fatigued, Location: Inside the cave proper

Loves grimaced. He knew what officers of the Authority were like, giving orders even to perfect strangers and expecting immediate compliance. But even after years of being away from home, their manner sometimes still grated on him. However, the overseer's plan made sense, and frankly, if it helped get them off this planet faster, then he wasn't going to complain.

"It'll be fun to explore the area some more," The Sthyss replies to Griklik's announcement as her head-tendrils wriggle in enthusiasm. "Maybe we'll find some new creatures I can eat?"
    "Just ignore her... just ignore her..."

Forcing himself to focus, the Quozl looked around for a few seconds before remembering that he didn't have extra gear to assemble. Even his helmet hung on the back of his suit, so he was as ready as he would ever be.

"Well, in case it helps," he offered as he headed toward the cave entrance, "I do have some tracking experience. Hopefully we'll run across signs of the prisoner fresh enough to use to find her."
    My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum here. And, here's the latest version of The Cast.
    Currently playing in: Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes and Pirates of the Terminus: A Simple Grab.

Overseer Griklik

"Splendid" commended the overseer at the bounty Hunter. Then facing Ashani, he added "Actually, there is still some hours of light, of you would like to go out and hunt and gather we can take the excess did with us and not have to worry about collecting food on the go. Ashani, take our new friends with you, show them around and gather food. Don't eat all the food, I think it bears mention." The overseer added the last part with certain exasperation, likely based on past experiences. "Meanwhile Xarvalis and I will make the preparations here."
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Ashani
    ---

Ashani makes a high-pitched growl and her head-tendrils dance in joy at Griklik's suggestion. "I'd love to!~"
    She snakes up to Whitetail and place a clawed, six-fingered hand on his little back. "Since you're good at tracking, little one, maybe you could help me find food?"
    The Sthyss then twists her body to face Gaar'o. "And you! You're big and strong, so maybe you could help me hunt and carry stuff?"

Gaar’o
    HP: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Evolución View Post
    "Indeed we are, my gratitude Quen." Griklik commended, as he turned to return to the main room. So the Cyborg was still alive, or probably was if she survived the fall. Good. If she knew how to power up traps that would impress Quen, then surely she would be a valuable addition. He even had a love story to lure her into their merry band. The manipulative beholder allowed himself a small smile. "I have an interesting mission for us all. We are going to set off looking for the former occupant of these cave, a prisoner. She might have either a class 3 power cell or the knowledge of how to rig one up. I reckon that combined with Xarvalis expertise, we might get ourselves a communicator to contact the Authority. That said, looking blindly will bear no result, and she might be dead already by when we get to her; so I want us to take in the lay of the land around our current base of operations. We will explore the area around the base, and annotate the features while looking for clues of the prisoner. I recall she feeds on dead vegetable matter, and has cybernetic implants. Ixxia and Diona shall remain guarding the base while the rest go out. Everyone make the preparations and take the necessary provisions for a week. Tomorrow at first light we should be out to make the best of the day." the overseer announces.
    Gaar'o squints as he hears the description of their quarry. That's definitely not the guy who pointed me this way...what was his deal? I'll ask 'em about him after this job's done.

The Sthyss then twists her body to face Gaar'o. "And you! You're big and strong, so maybe you could help me hunt and carry stuff?"
    He shrugs. "Sure, I can do that. Be good for me to get a better lay of the land too, maybe see if there's some intelligent life living on this rock."

Be good to make an offering to Liroa too. I need all the godly help I can get.

OPA Belta

WHITETAIL
    HP: 2, Status: Fatigued, Location: Inside the cave proper -> Just outside the cave

"Since you're good at tracking, little one, maybe you could help me find food?"
    The miniature bounty hunter struggled to suppress a flinch, but succeeded. He suddenly realized that, yes, if he were to contribute to the food foraging for this group, he'd have to help them find meat to eat too. He almost gagged at the thought, but kept reminding himself that at least they weren't going to be eating sentients.

Mustering up a devil-may-care demeanor, he put a smile on his face. "Shall we?"

With that, he hopped down from the mouth of the cave; he didn't scurry ahead of the others, but was already looking around for anything of interest.

OOC:

Perception Check to find clues that could allow tracking the prisoner: 1d20 + 6 = [12] + 6 = 18

Awareness Check to look for food: 1d20 + 3 = [14] + 3 = 17

If we get a chance for a more thorough search, I'll make a Investigation Check to look for tracking clues as well.
    My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum here. And, here's the latest version of The Cast.
    Currently playing in: Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes and Pirates of the Terminus: A Simple Grab.

Ashani
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
    He shrugs. "Sure, I can do that. Be good for me to get a better lay of the land too, maybe see if there's some intelligent life living on this rock."
    "Great!" Ashani replies as her body undulates and her head-tendrils flare out in excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Mustering up a devil-may-care demeanor, he put a smile on his face. "Shall we?"
    "Yes, let's go." She says and looks at them both with her unblinking eyes and permanent reptilian smile.

The Sthyss then slither after the little fuzzy bounty hunter and begin looking for any sign of creatures she can eat.

---
    OOC;
    Awareness check: 14

OPA Belta

Re: Xenoforce: Welcome to Earth.

Xarvalis
    ---

"Yes, let's go." She says and looks at them both with her unblinking eyes and permanent reptilian smile.

The Sthyss then slither after the little fuzzy bounty hunter and begin looking for any sign of creatures she can eat.
    "Bring back plenty of the little fuzz-tails!

And what did you have in mind, Griklik? I suppose maybe I could try to rig up a gadget to keep us from getting lost ... a compass, maybe with a simple accelerometer that could help us crudely retrace our steps?"

---
    OOC;
    I suppose the gadget I have in mind would just be a 1-ppt thing (Senses 1: Direction Sense), so if we have the right materials for it, Xarvalis can design it in half an hour and construct it in another 2 hours as routine Technology checks. But maybe Griklik has some other type of preparation in mind.

Overseer Griklik

As the newcomers departed with Ashani, Griklik turned to the small genius. "That is of course a good idea. But I tend to think bigger. We need an interactive map of the area, a map we can fill in with details and that would point our positions. Each of us can wear a locator and a map. Lets begin with only one map device, and then we can build others." He said.

OOC Griklik wants google maps. He has a +10 in tech so he can help out.
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ