Thread: Timeline

Inceptor

Timeline

Another trivial question:

There is no timeline in the book, and I was curious if there is an official timeline / chronology somewhere, or if the dates are intentionally left vague for interpretation by different gaming groups.

Thanks!

EDIT: I Mean beyond the one on page 125
    Last edited by Nevermet; 09-10-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Re: Timeline

I just did a VERY cursory check of my books for the original True20 version of Blue Rose, and I don't believe they include any detailed timeline beyond that of the past Sovereigns that was reprinted in the new edition.

IIRC, many of the snippets of history throughout the book include references to specific Sovereigns' reigns, so with some effort, you could compile a sketchy timeline based on that data.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Green Ronin Staff

Yeah, we haven't included a lot of hard-and-fast dates for stuff, either because it's the sort of things that occurred over a span of time, or because it didn't seem like it needed to be nailed to a given time beyond which Sovereign's reign it occurred in.

Part of that is for ease of writing, and part of it is for ease of use by Narrators.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Carriker View Post
    Yeah, we haven't included a lot of hard-and-fast dates for stuff, either because it's the sort of things that occurred over a span of time, or because it didn't seem like it needed to be nailed to a given time beyond which Sovereign's reign it occurred in.

Part of that is for ease of writing, and part of it is for ease of use by Narrators.
    Thanks for the reply