Thread: Nested Arrays bug

Inceptor

Nested Arrays bug

Hey all, got some issues that I hope someone can help me with.

In hero lab, is there a way to force the nesting of arrays?

Explanation:
    I have an array with multiple alternate forms in it and I am trying to add an array for the alternate forms for their attacks, except Hero Lab won't let me do this.

A slight workaround I've used is to use a wide array instead* but Hero lab won't calculate the points left for my character. The cost will be displayed correctly in the Alternate form power window, but the PP Spent line for the main Hero Lab window will not update. Is there a way to fix this or should I try to use some sort of workaround?

*As an aside, what is extra width for a wide array? It's the number of additional powers allowed to be active at once, correct?

Thanks all.

Re: Nested Arrays bug

Generally, you can get nested arrays of powers by separating them with Alternate Form or Multiple Powers. So an array of forms, inside of which may be arrays. I'm not sure why that would not be working for you, but I'm also not at my computer currently. Can you post a link to the portfolio file from a file service like Dropbox?

Wide Arrays were introduced in the Power Profiles, Gadgets I think. It gives you a pseudo Dynamic Array where you can use two shots at a time, but only at full power.

Inceptor

First, sorry for the delay.

Second, here's the file in question:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uixho3syr...Form.por?raw=1

Huh. They must have done something in the latest updates. I would definitely call this a bug. You can still do an array by adding a base power and then adding Alternate Effects, but the ability to have a structure in your Alternate Form that contains those items is not there.

You can file the bug using the instructions here. If you do, so, I'd be much obliged if you dropped the identifying number in http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55225 so that we can keep track of what they've fixed.

Keeper of Secrets

Is there actually any sign any work has been done on the M&M systems in HL lab in the last few years? I can't remember the last time there was an update for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdreamer View Post
    Is there actually any sign any work has been done on the M&M systems in HL lab in the last few years? I can't remember the last time there was an update for it.
    They've put out updates, but they've been "compatibility with the latest version of Hero Lab" as best I can tell. Which does make it kind of baffling that they would have changed this, since I would swear I used to be able to put an Array in an Alternate Form.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    Huh. They must have done something in the latest updates. I would definitely call this a bug. You can still do an array by adding a base power and then adding Alternate Effects, but the ability to have a structure in your Alternate Form that contains those items is not there.

You can file the bug using the instructions here. If you do, so, I'd be much obliged if you dropped the identifying number in http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55225 so that we can keep track of what they've fixed.
    It looks like that someone else ran across this bug and reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinoa View Post
    It looks like that someone else ran across this bug and reported it.
    Ah. They replied back to you?

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    Ah. They replied back to you?
    Nope, the bug was listed in the bug tracker link you gave me.