Thread: Dragons

Defender of the Word

Dragons

I havbe True20 and the bestiary but I am little confused as to where the damage for breath weapons are in the description. Am I missing the obvious?

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Re: Dragons

Breath Weapons are listed under Traits in the stat block. For example, the Adult Fire Dragon (True20 Bestiary, p. 56) has "Breath Weapon 13 Fire (Difficulty 26)". It does 13 fire damage, unless the target makes a Difficulty 26 Reflex save for half damage. The target then makes a Toughness save against the resulting damage bonus.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by timemrick View Post
    Breath Weapons are listed under Traits in the stat block. For example, the Adult Fire Dragon (True20 Bestiary, p. 56) has "Breath Weapon 13 Fire (Difficulty 26)". It does 13 fire damage, unless the target makes a Difficulty 26 Reflex save for half damage. The target then makes a Toughness save against the resulting damage bonus.
    Ahh that makes things a little clearer. So is that a Toughness save against a damage of 13 or against a damage of 28 (15 + 13)?

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie_ASA View Post
    Ahh that makes things a little clearer. So is that a Toughness save against a damage of 13 or against a damage of 28 (15 + 13)?
    Would have sworn I responded to this yesterday.

The 28 is the actual Toughness save--the damage of 13 plus the 15 base for Toughness saves.

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdreamer View Post
    Would have sworn I responded to this yesterday.

The 28 is the actual Toughness save--the damage of 13 plus the 15 base for Toughness saves.
    Thank you thats sorted all that out for me I'm intending on using dragons in my latest game but just needed to sort out that breath damage and thank you everyone for the help in clarifying things.