Thread: Could this work in DC Aventures

Defender of the Word

Could this work in DC Aventures

I thought up a antagonist for DC Adventures and want to knw if it could make sense in the Universe. The basic idea is a secret society called The Order of the Black Torch. There members are university students, university professors, general erudites and businessmen. These men and sometimes women seek knowledge of all kinds, especially Arcane. The Society is led by a mysterious man from Greece called Zorba Zacharias, who happens to be a sorcerer. Zorba and his followers have a dark secret they try to hide from those not initiated in the Society. They secretly revere Circe as a demigod and mentor. It is unknown if Circe is aware of this group or not but The Order still does stuff to serve her.

Any advice or criticisms?

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Could this work in DC Aventures

Quote Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
    I thought up a antagonist for DC Adventures and want to knw if it could make sense in the Universe. The basic idea is a secret society called The Order of the Black Torch. There members are university students, university professors, general erudites and businessmen. These men and sometimes women seek knowledge of all kinds, especially Arcane. The Society is led by a mysterious man from Greece called Zorba Zacharias, who happens to be a sorcerer. Zorba and his followers have a dark secret they try to hide from those not initiated in the Society. They secretly revere Circe as a demigod and mentor. It is unknown if Circe is aware of this group or not but The Order still does stuff to serve her.

Any advice or criticisms?
    Well, it would certainly work with lower PL heroes. In fact, I could totally see these guys in the late 90s Challengers of the Unknown series.

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by King Snarf View Post
    Well, it would certainly work with lower PL heroes. In fact, I could totally see these guys in the late 90s Challengers of the Unknown series.
    Yeah, i can see them working with heroes like the Challengers and possibly Batman. I wonder how i should do the whole revering Circe thing since Circe is a actual character in DC?
    Last edited by Coolman; 09-01-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Circe's one of those characters whose motivations and MO run all over the map at times, but sconsidering her vanity, so long as their antics affront Wonder Woman, they'll have her okay. other than that, if she does actually take notice of them, hello Manimal Minion recruiting front

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    Circe's one of those characters whose motivations and MO run all over the map at times, but sconsidering her vanity, so long as their antics affront Wonder Woman, they'll have her okay. other than that, if she does actually take notice of them, hello Manimal Minion recruiting front
    Good point. I wonder how these guys can work as a Wonder Woman villain?