Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marvel Movie Characters and Action Scenes

Re: Marvel Movie Characters and Action Scenes

Thank you James! Very kind!

Ok so I finally started watching Ant-Man and the Wasp

Definitely going to stat up The Wasp. She's awesome!

The Wasp
    Origin: Gimmick

Abilities
    Prowess: Good (5)
    Coordination: Good (5)
    Strength: Fair (4)
    Intellect: Great (6)
    Awareness: Fair (4)
    Willpower: Average (3)

Stamina: 6
    Determination: 4

Specialities
    Aerial Combat
    Business
    Martial Arts
    Science

Powers
    Wasp Suit
    Shrinking 8
    ->Extra: Defensive
    ->Limit: Max Only
    I based it on Ant-Man's shrinking but added Defensive as a power because she seems to use Shrinking to dodge a lot
    Extra-limbs: Wings 6

Wasp Sting
    Blast 5
    I would consider giving this power a Burnout limit because she seems to only use it occasionally

Pym Particles Disks
    Shrinking 7
    ->Extra: Growth
    ->Extra: Affects Others
    ->Limit: Others Only
    ->Limit: Max Only

Qualities
    Family matters
    Trying to redeem Ant-Man

Build Notes
    I honestly wish I had more for this character but I fear she's not particularly well fleshed out in the movie. I also notice that both her and Ant-Man seem particularly effective when small and I was wondering how to model it. Right now I think I'll just leave it here and hope that shrinking and prowess handle it but if I get more ideas I'll come back to them.
    Last edited by bluejay71; 12-05-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Well ... while I'm here I might as well post what is guaranteed to be the most difficult character to model.

Thanos is a beast and I need to use the Cosmic levels from A-Z to model him.

Thanos
    Origin: Unearthly

Abilities
    Prowess: Fantastic (9)
    Coordination: Incredible (7)
    Strength: Supreme (10)
    Intellect: Fantastic (9)
    Awareness: Amazing (8)
    Willpower: Supreme (10)

Stamina: 20
    Determination: 1

Powers
    Titan Physiology
    Immortality 10
    Damage Resistance 10

... and now let's try and model those pesky Infinity Stones. I am using X to represent the ranks of his powers. X is equal to 10 + the number of Infinity Stones Thanos possesses. I had considered using this value for Thanos' Strength, Willpower and Damage Resistance level but I think it works better with these all capped out at 10. Each stone has a theme and base power but where it gets interesting is how he can spend DPs to use them in different ways, even combining the power of multiple stones. I think once he gets all 6 stones I'd more or less treat him as a plot device.

Power Stone
    Blast X

Space Stone
    Teleport X

Reality Stone
    Images X

Time Stone
    Time Control X

We don't really see the powers of the Soul Stone or Mind Stone used but again we can think of most of them as a Cosmic Power pool for stunting. In a game modelled around Infinity War he would be generating DPs for the heroes by the dozen and that would be very fitting for this kind of epic story where every character needs to be on their best game.

Qualities
    Obsessed with bringing balance to the universe
    Loves his daughter, Gamora

Build Notes
    Obviously this is going to be fairly controversial and just one way of modelling Thanos. He's very difficult to get accurate and I'm sure many GMs would treat him almost like a plot device. In the movies though we do see characters affect him so I felt giving him some stats was worthwhile. Now I can try and write up the battle on Titan.

And now it's time for the remaining Guardians of the Galaxy

Drax
    Origin: Unearthly

Abilities
    Prowess: Incredible (7)
    Coordination: Great (6)
    Strength: Amazing (8)
    Intellect: Average (3)
    Awareness: Fair (4)
    Willpower: Fair (4)

Stamina: 11

Specialities
    Weapons (Expert): Blades

Powers
    Superhuman physiology
    Damage Resistance 8
    Leaping 2
    Regeneration 2

Dual Knives
    Strike 8: Slashing Damage

Qualities
    Must avenge my family
    Literally literal
    The Destroyer

Build Notes
    As I mentioned in the Star-lord build, it's often difficult to put solid numbers against cosmic-level characters like the Guardians. Drax is clearly an amazing hand-to-hand combatant who is hugely strong and resilient but it's difficult to get a comparison to some of the better known characters. I could up his strength, resistance and knives another level but I think this feels about right.
    Last edited by bluejay71; 12-07-2018 at 03:55 AM.

About to work on Gamora and Nebula. It's notable that all of these characters (including Drax) are a mix of high prowess, strength, coordination, damage resistance with low levels of leaping and regeneration.

Looking at how I'd model Gamora makes me think I need up make Drax a little tougher. I think I have to give Gamora Incredible (7) Strength due to some of the feats she exhibits. With this in mind I think I have to increase most of Drax's stats from Incredible to Amazing.

Of course now I've been thinking about Yondu's crazy arrow power and I honestly can't come up with anything better than a Blast 10: Shooting with Burst extra ... and honestly it feels more powerful than that. It's certainly displayed as ridiculously powerful in the movies.

I know that the Netflix shows aren’t exactly part of the MCU and I know this show got cancelled but I felt compelled to write up this guy.

Daredevil
    Origin: Transformed

Abilities
    Prowess: Great (6)
    Coordination: Incredible (7)
    Strength: Good (5)
    Intellect: Good (5)
    Awareness: Amazing (8)
    Willpower: Good (5)

Stamina: 10

Specialities
    Athletics
    Investigation
    Law
    Martial Arts (Expert)
    Stealth
    Weapons (Expert) short staffs
    Wrestling

Powers
    Senses
    Super-senses 1: Radar Sense

Billy Club
    Blast 6: Bashing Damage Daredevil can use this at range bouncing it back to his hand

The Red Suit
    Damage Resistance 3

Qualities
    Lost his sight in a childhood accident
    Man without fear
    The devil of Hell’s Kitchen

Build Notes
    Daredevil is Marvel’s archetypal ‘street-level’ superhero and a great character. I think the show does a great job to be honest. In some ways it would have been easier to simply up his Prowess to 7 or 8 but I felt thematically his Martial Arts and Weapon Skills specialities were important. With regards to his senses I simply gave him a huge Awareness score and added Radar Sense. This build is a serious bruiser for a street level campaign and once he gets his red costume he is hugely tough taking down typical thugs.
    Last edited by bluejay71; Yesterday at 04:19 PM. Reason: Forgot he didn’t have a swing line in the tv show