Thread: Interest: XMEN AU

Defender of the Word

Interest: XMEN AU

Hey RA game room. Planning a game on the other board. Here is the premise and link. http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com...f20129d#p26478

I am thinking about putting together an alternate universe XMEN games where the players would actually be the first X-team of mutants, so the XMEN as we know them are not around, even as teachers, though the team may run into them as circumstances have them cross paths.

I have two ideas for this depending on interest;
    1) the PCs are students of the prestigious Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters. Sought out and recruited as many young Mutants tend to be, to help them with their powers and give them a high caliber of education for integrating with a society that hates Mutants. Through events and circumstances, the group of teenagers would form the first X-team.

2) the PCs are adult mutants just trying to get by in a society that distrust and hates them as Mutants. They find themselves approached with an offer; a mysterious benefactor wishes to put together a team of Mutants, but let them determine their own path, to either strike back at humanity that had held the down, or defend them against a recent wave of Mutants-related attacks.

Thoughts?

Defender of the Word

Re: Interest: XMEN AU

The first one sounds fun, will we be playing as characters from the movie or as our own characters?

Defender of the Word

Characters would all be original. No canon.

Defender of the Word

Awesome, I'm in. Can we please have the game here instead of another forum though?