Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just picked up Fantasy AGE, some questions

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Just picked up Fantasy AGE, some questions

I think you're underestimating Lethality. Split DEX, PER & ACC. Then load up on INT.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
    I think you're underestimating Lethality. Split DEX, PER & ACC. Then load up on INT.
    Lets see....

Ok, going for max Int

Gnome Rogue (why? because Gnome rogues are cute)
    3 Int, 2 Acc, 2 Per, 2 Dex

Int is a Secondary so has 9 Advancements. Max from 3 is 9 (3 to 6, then 6 advances to 9)
    Splitting 10 Advancements evenly between the Primaries we get Acc 5, Per 5, Dex 5

Attack 8 (5 + double focus)
    Def 15
    Damage 14 (damage on Dwarf would have been +11 if they had a 2 in Int)

Though the lower Dex means fewer Pinpoint Attacks and possible Perforates.
    It means no Pinpoint Attacks on Assassin Demons, Air Elementals, Soul Harvesters or Thinman. You also lose it on some Mundane threats like Cats, Tigers, Vipers and Weasels. With a 6 Dex only Air Elementals and Thinman are immune to pinpoint attack.

So this tells us that everyone should be a ranged attacker and Melee is a fools game.
    Last edited by NPC_Brown_Cow; 08-16-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Keeper of Secrets

Depending on how your group handles magic, you might not even need to invest too much in ACC. Arrows of Accuracy give +2 to Attack, and there's a bow that gives +3 instead of +1 to Aim... which if you have the Archery talent can also always happen.

And that's not to count any home brewed items that give masterwork or magical bonuses.

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
    Depending on how your group handles magic, you might not even need to invest too much in ACC. Arrows of Accuracy give +2 to Attack, and there's a bow that gives +3 instead of +1 to Aim... which if you have the Archery talent can also always happen.

And that's not to count any home brewed items that give masterwork or magical bonuses.
    Low magic for me, I'm looking forward to Modern AGE because it'll give me a decent base for science fiction AGE games (as it is Fantasy AGE is a bit too close to D&D style fantasy), assuming a 'Science AGE; isn't released soon afterwards (I suspect there will instead be a 'spaceships and ultratech' Modern AGE book). Magic items will be rare, and so will spellcasters with players being encouraged to play 'mundane' characters.

But this will vary wildly for people, there might be GMs who hand out magic swords to 1st level characters.