Thread: Star Wars: Age of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Age of the Old Republic

Age of the Old Republic will be a supplement to Age of the Empire. I just posted a preview of the new Jedi class. It will not be as large of a project, but it will include a couple new species, specializations, and NPCs. I have played a decent bit of KOTR, but none of KOTR2 or the MMO.

My question is what would folks like to see?
    Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Mythic AGE: An epic fantasy campaign setting inspired by Greek mythology.

Inceptor

Re: Star Wars: Age of the Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Otog View Post
    Age of the Old Republic will be a supplement to Age of the Empire. I just posted a preview of the new Jedi class. It will not be as large of a project, but it will include a couple new species, specializations, and NPCs. I have played a decent bit of KOTR, but none of KOTR2 or the MMO.

My question is what would folks like to see?
    Definitely want to see NPCs from KOToR. I've loved your Star Wars adaptations, so whatever you decide to contribute will be readily welcomed. Your AGE (and Mass Effect) stuff has been amazing. Thanks!

Thanks! Any NPCs in particular? HK droids will be one of the new species, as will everyone's favorite meatbag-killer droid be an NPC.
    Last edited by Otog; 07-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.

I dont see a lot to be added in a Kotor version. Most of the races/classes as seen in the games are already well integrated in your AotE document. I think the major difference is the possibility to have many force-users in the same party since the Jedi were ''more common'' in the Old Republic (depending of where you stand from Revan on the timeline, I guess). I think you should focus more on a ''setting'' guide more than a mechanical expansion: a guide on how to adapt your already extensive work to the ''feel'' of the Old Republic with an extended Bestiary and new vehicules.

For my part, I'm more into the pre-Empire era, with the slow fall of the last republic and the Clone Wars; I'd like to see Geonesians, Gungans (the serious type, not the comical relief version) with their respective ''bio-mechanical'' vehicules option, maybe a specialization for the Neimodian based around trade and economics.

Defender of the Word

I'd like to see some more species I already miss in the current work, especially the Ratataki (the race of Asajj Ventress an Aurra Sing). It's a playable race in SWTOR too. Another playable race from SWTOR are the Sith Pureblood (hope the translation is right, I play the game in german and it's "Sith Reinblut" there). And Gamorreans would be nice, also Trandoshans. What about Jawas, Ewoks, Tusken (okay, Tusken might be humans, I don't know...)? And remembering Rogue One the Species of Pao and Bistan.
    Last edited by Cryx; 07-19-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryx View Post
    I'd like to see some more species I already miss in the current work, especially the Ratataki (the race of Asajj Ventress an Aurra Sing). It's a playable race in SWTOR too. Another playable race from SWTOR are the Sith Pureblood (hope the translation is right, I play the game in german and it's "Sith Reinblut" there). And Gamorreans would be nice, also Trandoshans. What about Jawas, Ewoks, Tusken (okay, Tusken might be humans, I don't know...)? And remembering Rogue One the Species of Pao and Bistan.
    Ratataki and Sith Purebloods are definitely on the list. It may not fit with the theme, but Gamorrans and Trandoshans have been on often requested.

Admittedly, vehicles are something that have been often requested for as well. The problem is, it is a part of the rules that have not had a whole lot of playtesting. I have been kind of waiting to see what Green Ronin does with vehicle combat before moving forward, as it is likely and inevitably better than anything I could come up with
    Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Mythic AGE: An epic fantasy campaign setting inspired by Greek mythology.

If i may add my opinion here...

I would also love to see rules for Sith Alchemy.

It was very powerful and could even create life (see the theory of Darth Plagius creating Anakin for more details on that) or control minds. it was also used in the creation of the first light-sabers called "Force Sabers" that required the dark side to create and maintain the blade. Sith Alchemy can also be adapted to work similar to your Force Rituals system since they are kinda the same in the regard that they take a while. it will add a new set to the game and make it more authentic.

like i said, opinion, if not that is cool, i have just always wanted to see rules for Sith Alchemy and this is the perfect opportunity

later and happy gaming guys

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Otog View Post
    Thanks! Any NPCs in particular? HK droids will be one of the new species, as will everyone's favorite meatbag-killer droid be an NPC.
    Darths Malak, Nihilus, and Revan (if even possible) would be cool. Carth Onassi (sp?), Bastilla Shan. Heck, any of the major characters from either videogame would be great.

I guess the reason I'm more stoked about NPCs this go-round is because the Age of Empire work is so solid that the only thing I'd like to add to that one is major NPCs (Vader, Luke, Leia, etc.). Since that might not be an option, I'm ecstatic to see any and all NPCs you're wanting to add to this expansion. The more the merrier....as long as the promised HK47 is included.

Thanks for all you do.