Thread: Green Lantern style creating objects

Inceptor

Green Lantern style creating objects

I am looking at a Green Lantern style character idea and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with creating objects (walls etc) with Icons Assembled Edition. I know in the older edition a number of power let you create objects but I can see it in the new rules. Most things can be handled with other powers (TK to have a giant hand move stuff etc) but there are times when you just want to wall an area off or something similar.

Is it covered in Great Power?

Inceptor

Re: Green Lantern style creating objects

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    I am looking at a Green Lantern style character idea and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with creating objects (walls etc) with Icons Assembled Edition. I know in the older edition a number of power let you create objects but I can see it in the new rules. Most things can be handled with other powers (TK to have a giant hand move stuff etc) but there are times when you just want to wall an area off or something similar.

Some of the Control powers, such as Force or Darkness Control, have this as an extra in the Great Power book. Items have a material strength equal to the power's rank.

Inceptor

Re: Green Lantern style creating objects

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post

I do not have Great Power, and have Icons: Assembled Edition, which I think provides enough rules information for you. When I wrote up a conversion character for Green Lantern, I kept it simple, and listed the power ring as a "Cosmic Energy Control Device." The extras were Blast, Force Field, Life Support, Telekinesis, and arguably Gadgetry since there have been in times in the cartoons or comics where Green Lantern creates a machine using his power ring.

Marvel's Quasar (Phylla-Vell) has a similar power by creating swords and shields made out of photon energy, and I listed her as "Cosmic Energy Control" with Strike and Force Field as extras.

Hope this helps.