Thread: New adventure idea

Keeper of Secrets

New adventure idea

Hello all, I'm new to the M&M/DC rpg system. I've recently picked up a copy of the DC corebook and I've thought of a adventure idea I could use some advice on.

It's basically similar to the background of the Marvel graphic novel "Old Man Logan". The final battle between hero and villain went down and for the most part the villains won. The surviving heros were either rounded up and imprisoned or went into hiding.

The PC'S are part of the next generation of heros. To start with they are located in a kind of "camp". A mix between recruitment and internment camp. Naturally, they escape from the camp and go on the run.

As they are hiding they encounter a masked stranger that helps and then becomes a mentor to them. Thus, setting them up to be the start of the next generation of heros.

My main question is who could the mentor be? Not someone that's too powerful...that way the group doesn't rely solely on them.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Re: New adventure idea

You could go down the classic route of using someone like Green Arrow (or Speedy if set in the future) - or you could use Robin/Nightwing as a secretive mentor though I'd personally use the Martian Manhunter as someone who could hide in plain sight... or use anyone you like but permanently weaken them. For example imagine Superman as mentor but give him Ironman's original weakness and have shards of a kryptonite splinter bomb embedded in his heart so he cannot risk using his powers too often as everytime he does he risks dying (and he knows he's the last remaining symbol of the rebellion as far as the world is concerned).

Whoever you decide to use make it fun. Good luck

Keeper of Secrets

Batman is kind of an obvious choice, but I wouldn't use him because (a) he's overdone and (b) he's not very personable. As noted above, Nightwing would be a much better pick.

However, I'd go with an older Mr.Terrific. He's a great team player but usually in a support role, and his money and inventions would set up any new team.
    - Andrew <:-{}

Keeper of Secrets

Thanks for the ideas guys. I've got a solid idea for the start of the game.

My next question would be...who should be the main villain be? Aliens and the robot menace are clichés.

I could add a horror element and throw in the vampire menace....

I've even considered how to handle the DC villains. Would any of them possibly turn "anti-hero"....obviously the Joker and others like him are out of the question.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by squadfather40 View Post
    I've even considered how to handle the DC villains. Would any of them possibly turn "anti-hero"....obviously the Joker and others like him are out of the question.
    Captain Cold is a strong possibility, and if he goes, he'd probably drag the rest of the Rogues with him. Bane, maybe.