Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Modern AGE

Inceptor

Re: Modern AGE

You beat me to it. Modern age is up on drivethru and should be rpg.now. When it is at prepress what is that. Is that the print run that is checked before full print run? Also, I guess real question is will the book be available before Gen Con. So July in Print? ?that would also include Lazirious (not sure spelled that correctly). Both these are on Gen Con list but if can get them before so much the better. Saves on suite case weight and or shipping.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Yes. That's the test print, so to speak. Physical books should ship in July. I think Lazarus is next up in final layout, hopefully the PDF will be ready to sell in a week or two. We have a lot in/about to hit final layout right now.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Fildrigar View Post
    Yes. That's the test print, so to speak. Physical books should ship in July. I think Lazarus is next up in final layout, hopefully the PDF will be ready to sell in a week or two. We have a lot in/about to hit final layout right now.
    So, the PDF has been updated with the significant errata like ranges for grenades? Just checking as I purchased the PDF from your web store and I'm going to print it out at home.

Thanks,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ryhopewood View Post
    So, the PDF has been updated with the significant errata like ranges for grenades? Just checking as I purchased the PDF from your web store and I'm going to print it out at home.

Thanks,

Ian
    It should be updated with all of the errata later today. It might not get posted until tomorrow, though.

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Fildrigar View Post
    It should be updated with all of the errata later today. It might not get posted until tomorrow, though.
    Thank you. I will wait until the final updated version is released and then print it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryhopewood View Post
    Thank you. I will wait until the final updated version is released and then print it out.
    You'll know it's a different file when the version number changes from 0.991

Inceptor

Did the PDF get updated with the errata?

Speaking of errata, after looking through the book for a bit, I picked up on a couple of things that kinds stood out to me. Some of the given examples didn't seem quite right, but it may just be how my mind works that made these seem a bigger deal than they are. *shrug*

Revolvers:
    Smith & Wessom M&P is primarily a series of semi-auto handguns, with only a few revolvers actually being in the line (the .38 Bodyguard, the M&P 340 and the performance center R8), so just saying "Smith and Wesson M&P" makes me think of the semi-autos more than the revolvers. More recognizable would be something like the Taurus Raging Bull or the S&W Model 29 (Dirty Harry's gun of choice).

Sniper Rifles:
    M40 / Tango 51 - These are modifications of the same rifle, namely the Remington 700 (which is the basic hunting rifle version of the gun). Maybe use the SVD-63 Dragunov as an example instead of two rifles that are basically identical? And it'd match the example in the picture above them.

There are a few mechanical details that are probably more suited for house rules that came to mind, like what I'd call "Plinking Guns" or "Varmint Guns", namely .17 and .22 caliber pistols and rifles that would fit in existing categories but would deal much less damage (probably 1d6 to 1d6+1), or how the M1 Carbine and Ruger Mini 30 should probably reload with a minor action since they make use of detachable magazines as opposed to the ammunition tube of the Winchester.

Still, I'm liking what I'm seeing overall, and am gonna try to take a closer look at everything over the weekend. Been waiting for this for a while in the hopes of going crazy and hacking out a Gundam/VOTOMS type RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by vdavelisa View Post
    Did the PDF get updated with the errata?
    The PDF on the Green Ronin store is now at version 1.0

Please allow DriveThru 24-48 hours to get the newest version updated.

Inceptor

Thank you for your continued hard work. Just downloaded v 1.0