Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roninarmy.com access issues?

Re: Roninarmy.com access issues?

Improved? Probably. Gone away? Nope. I've needed to switch to mobile data after two days of timing out when my internet was otherwise fine. If you're reading this, Mr. IT Director, sorry about sending those emails before I thought of that. But seriously, this is bizarre...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    It has been unaccessible from my home computer for the past few days (I am currently accessing through a public library). when I try in chrome , I get a message saying it had timed out. on edge or explorer, it just says it can't acess. it's not just roninarmy. the M&M main page and store are also unavailable to me
    Wait, the store, too? greenroninstore.com is hosted on Shopify, not the same server as our other sites. So if you were having trouble loading that site, something even weird(er) is going on.

Administrator

If people who are still having trouble wouldn't mind helping troubleshoot this, could you please PM me with some info?

1) Your IP address (you can Google it if you don't know how to find it).
    2) Whether it's intermittent or constant, and roughly when you have had trouble, if possible.
    3) Domain(s) you were trying to hit unsuccessfully (greenronin.com, mutantsandmasterminds.com, roninarmy.com, freeronin.com, etc.).
    4) If you also have trouble accessing https://greenroninstore.com/ (which is on a different server and thus extra weird, if so).
    5) Tracert info if you're so inclined.
    6) Uh, anything else I can't think of because of my current close proximity to a flute and a euphonium playing different music.

Thanks!
    Evan

Hey! Whatever you did, it worked! Thanks loads!

well, had another timeout earlier. lasted about a half hour, and things seem to be okay for the time being

{nods} I was getting DNS failures earlier this morning.

New problem, started seeing it yesterday. Search results that include highlighting and some special characters such as apostrophes don't work.

For example. If I take off the highlighting, or "paragon's", it works fine.

well, I got hit by the time out problem again at around 8:30 AM EST Thursday, and once again have to log in from an off-site PC

and now on a third computer, as when I'd tried to post a build from the other one, i got timed out there, too

which leads me to suspect that these timeout issues are related to the Front Page Bug

fuzzyboots, davies, kenseido, did you guys get the front page bug right before you lost access?

Administrator

If you don't mind doing a little Science, you might try installing the Opera browser, turning on Opera VPN (included free), and seeing if you can log in and post without timing out. If so, it's probably your IP address getting blocked. If not, I'm on a train and can't do a whole lot to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    and now on a third computer, as when I'd tried to post a build from the other one, i got timed out there, too

which leads me to suspect that these timeout issues are related to the Front Page Bug

fuzzyboots, davies, kenseido, did you guys get the front page bug right before you lost access?