Thread: PL for the Gods

Inceptor

PL for the Gods

So I recently picked up a new RPG sourcebook called Olympus Inc and I love the premise: gods vs titans in the modern world working through various intermediaries. But their setting keeps things under wraps by having all of the supernaturals needing to conceal their special abilities from the world. I decided to carry things over a bit to my superhero game which is set in the Marvel Universe, and have it so that the Titans have escaped Tarterus and took over Olympus while Zeus and the Olympians were consolidating their power on Earth (as in the comics where they set up a company called the Olympus Group). The titans, having seized the godly realm have gained enough power that the Olympians can't just take it back so now they wage war on the streets through various supernatural creature servants with gods occasionally coming into conflict but trying to avoid it because they can be killed.

So with powerhouses like Hulk and Thor and Dr. Strange around, what would be a good CR to set for a typical Olympian and typical Titan, as well as a max for the top guys like Zeus and Cronus? The player characters range from PL 12 to 15, and I don't want them to be overwhelmed by a single fight, so basically the Olympians or Titans will be an occasional boss fight they need to prepare for and have the greatest risk of failure. Most of the time, I'll have minion fights with various mythological creatures serving the gods' & titans' respective agendas, which will be disruptive to life on Earth where the heroes will need to get involved to prevent people from being killed. The main bosses won't get directly involved too often to avoid having the entire superhero community hunting them down and trying to lock them up.

If Thor is a PL16 NPC and Captain America is PL 12, would PL 15 be a good rule of thumb for the olympans and/or titans, with Zeus and Cronus being at the top with PL20?

Inceptor

Re: PL for the Gods

I haven't determined which side is the bad guys yet. I'll leave that to the players to decide if the Olympians take things too far or if the Titans need to be stopped or if both sides are just overpowered babies throwing tantrums and everyone needs to be stopped. If they pick a side, they'll definitely be able to end the war between them quicker as they will have divine assistance in their fights, but if they realize that both sides need to be stopped and it takes longer, it'll be more Hero Points over time.

Whoa that's a high level game. Well are the players titans, gods, or demi gods?

Inceptor

Just superheroes... like Avengers but not.

Defender of the Word Beleriphon's Avatar

An Atomic Thinktank threat I did has bunch of deities build using the 3E rules. Olympians included. They range in PL from 12 all the way to 20. I think I averaged out around 15 or 16. Mind you the PL isn't the whole story, most of them have triple or quadruple the points recommended for a player of the same PL.
    Last edited by Beleriphon; 04-19-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    My Current Campaign: Earth-82 (WIP)

Inceptor

Good stuff. I can definitely work with that as a starting point. Thanks for the link.