Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Street Justice: Phoenix Bay - Party Crashers

Re: Street Justice: Phoenix Bay - Party Crashers

a few days later...

"good gravy" Lenny says as he helps Lina sort the centre's meagre excuse for a library, "When the heck did we get all these Paradise Falls books? that's at least two book racks full!"

Eventide
    HP: 1 - Staus: Normal

"You can blame me for that," she said, smiling. In her arms she carried another hefty box of books, which she brought towards the table he was using to sort.

"The publisher still sends me a box of the damned things every time they put out a new one. I figured maybe the kids might get more use out of them then my garage was but..."

She set the heavy box onto the table with a light thud.

"Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I overdid it a smidge."

She offered her hand.

"Hi. I'm Sunny. I took over Diane's group a few weeks ago."
    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Quote Originally Posted by MissRo View Post
    Eventide

"You can blame me for that," she said, smiling. In her arms she carried another hefty box of books, which she brought towards the table he was using to sort.

"The publisher still sends me a box of the damned things every time they put out a new one. I figured maybe the kids might get more use out of them then my garage was but..."

She set the heavy box onto the table with a light thud.

"Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I overdid it a smidge."

She offered her hand.

"Hi. I'm Sunny. I took over Diane's group a few weeks ago."
    Lenny Coto" he replies, meeting her handshake with his own, "I'm the IT here. Nice to meet you.

Eventide

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    Lenny Coto" he replies, meeting her handshake with his own, "I'm the IT here. Nice to meet you.
    "Ah, so you're the guy I call when I inevitably bork the projector in the meeting room? This is good to know. I'll have to put you on speed dial."

She paused.

"Is speed dial still a thing?"
    Last edited by MissRo; 11-13-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Keeper of Secrets

Dylan Hall
    HP: 1
    CND: Hunky Dory

Fresh off a coffee binge from another long night of research, Dylan walks into the center with his eyes having more bags than a garbage truck. Any normal person would be asleep right now, but he had too much research to do. If he was going to bring down the gangs and find a kink in the armor of the LSD supplier's plausible deniability shield, he had to keep digging. Back in Peru, he was used to researching from books and boxes of dusty records. Now it was mostly computer, a trip or two to the records office, and the occasional jaunt to whoever he was targeting place of work. Thats why it was such a shock when he saw a rather large pile of books.

"Setting up a library here now? Can't say I am a fan of this stuff, but I don't talk with the literature review guy much at the paper. So maybe the kids love these books now?", says Dylan absent mindedly. If not for his tail poke him every now and again under his rainbow colored poncho Dylan's eyes would long be closed. So, when he saw a new face helping with the books, he paused for a moment. "Names Dylan. Forgive the question, but these books come here with you?", inquired the tired reporter. Seemed like she was getting on fine with Lenny, but it was a youth center so volunteers came all the time and it was only nice to be nice to volunteers.

Eventide

"They loved them a decade ago, and since the publisher is still churning them out I guess someone's still buying."

Huh. Poncho. Not an article of clothing you saw much of outside hurricane coverage on the news or at Phish concerts, but he was working it. She could almost feel his body's desperate cries for coffee.

"Sunny," she replied, offering her hand again as she had with Lenny. "And yes, guilty as charged. I noticed a tragic lack of paperweights in this building and felt compelled to help."

She smiled.

Keeper of Secrets

Liora walks in carrying a disassembled shelving unit. "Yo Lenny! I heard we actually got some new books in so I grabbed an extra shelving unit out of storage just in case!"

She sets her load down and walks over to the box of books. "Hey Dylan, nice to see ya. Oh hey New Person, cool. I'm Liora, welcome to the center. If something breaks you'll probably see me fixing it."

Then Liora catches sight of the books. She chuckles and lifts one up, "Oh man, Paradise Falls! My brother Chester loved these growing up, still does now that I think of it. I'm sure he still has the full series and all the movies at home. I remember him dragging me with him to the films when they came out so no one would laugh at him for going to see them. Well I always look out for my brothers. Anyways..."

Liora halted her nostalgic ramblings as she looked at Sunny again. And blinked. And blinked again, her head tilting slightly. "Wait a sec...naw it couldn't...but...you look like..." She trailed off, her eyes going back and forth between Sunny and the cover of the book in her hand which happens to have an illustration of Chastity Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by stavaros-the-arcane View Post
    Liora halted her nostalgic ramblings as she looked at Sunny again. And blinked. And blinked again, her head tilting slightly. "Wait a sec...naw it couldn't...but...you look like..." She trailed off, her eyes going back and forth between Sunny and the cover of the book in her hand which happens to have an illustration of Chastity Drake.
    "huh. they do kinda look alike. neat. always nice seeing a sorta-lebrity. y'know, those people who look like celebrities but aren't actually them."

Eventide

Quote Originally Posted by stavaros-the-arcane View Post
    Sunny laughed.

"You know, it's funny. If you go back and look at the covers of the original trilogy I actually look nothing like her. They started making the art look more like me after the movies came out. Marketing, I guess."

She'd some time ago given up trying to avoid being recognized. After a decade in the spotlight, it was almost an inevitability in most situations. She found it best to just get it out of the way.

"Hi, Liora. I'm Sunny. I took over the addictions group from Diane recently. It's nice to meet you. All of you."

Keeper of Secrets

Dylan Hall
    HP: 1
    CND: Hunky Dory

Books were Dylan's think in a way, but fiction not so much. "So a movie star turned addiction counselor? This place gets all sorts. If they are still making books, must have been a pretty good movie franchise.", remarks Dylan casually. "Glad to have you have you here. This place can use all the help it can get. been in any movies lately?", adds Dylan. He would have to make a mental note to follow up with the movie critic on the films. No use having a pile of books around and not knowing about them in the slightest.