Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Justice: Phoenix Bay - If You Can't Stand The Heat

Re: Street Justice: Phoenix Bay - If You Can't Stand The Heat

Crawler follows suit, taking the girl outside and setting her down safely, then racing back in as fast as he can scuttle

"just point them out," he says, "I can tear out whatever's trapping them."
    TOU: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18

All

Dylan and Lenny rescue the four people in the theater as Eventide rescues the man trapped in the bathroom and Liora safely administers first aid to the arriving patients.

Now that everyone inside has been secured, something needs to be done to prevent the blaze from spreading to nearby buildings. While they are no buildings directly touching the theatre, the intensity of the flames could spread across an alley and endanger other structures.

Quote Originally Posted by kenseido View Post
    All

Dylan and Lenny rescue the four people in the theater as Eventide rescues the man trapped in the bathroom and Liora safely administers first aid to the arriving patients.

Now that everyone inside has been secured, something needs to be done to prevent the blaze from spreading to nearby buildings. While they are no buildings directly touching the theatre, the intensity of the flames could spread across an alley and endanger other structures.
    "Okay, I don't know about you," Crawler says, "But I'm the first to admit fighting an actual fire is something I'm not sure I can actually handle."

Eventide
    HP: 0 - Staus: Normal

Eventide gathered herself after the intensity of the burning theater, taking a few moments to catch her breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    "Okay, I don't know about you," Crawler says, "But I'm the first to admit fighting an actual fire is something I'm not sure I can actually handle."
    "I don't think there's anything we can do for the theater," she agreed. "Maybe there's something we can keep the fire from spreading though..."

She glanced around the area for a fire hydrant.
    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

All

The nearest fire hydrant is around 100 yards down the street.

OPA Belta

Dylan Hall
    HP: 1
    CND: 1 damage

"Breaking open the fire hydrant over there would help stop the fire spreading a little. At least it wouldn't spread that way. I haven't been a fire fighter, but how would they get water to put out the fires when they get here if we break open the hydrant? ", inquired Dylan. He felt helpless for the first time since very recently starting a full fledged hero thing. Sure he could stretch his tail and hair, but a fire and stopping its spread was another thing completely. Scanning his eyes over the area, as best he could he checked if any of the surrounding buildings had visible fire extinguishers. They wouldn't be helpful for the main fire, but if it starts to spread maybe.

OPA Belta

"I can probably open the hydrant without totally wrecking it despite not having the exact kind of tools normally used, but directing the water effectively is gonna be hard. Shit, maybe I can speed run somewhere and drag a hose back." Liora said. "Okay think think think. Fire needs three things: Heat, air, and fuel. We prevent it from getting more of the latter two and it can't spread as far. Check and see if there's anything between the buildings that's likely to go up in flames and we can clear away. Also other than the hydrant are there any large sources of water or I don't know dirt around? Something we can use to cool or smother that fire?"

Liora had a few wild ideas too. "Okay I have thoughts...they might be terrible ideas but I'm throwing things at the wall here. Heat and hot gases rise. If we smashed some holes in the roof, it could maybe redirect the heat and gas upwards rather than sideways. Maybe. Hopefully. Or it could make things worse. Lets leave that for after we've tried everything else we can think of."
    Last edited by stavaros-the-arcane; 01-09-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Eventide
    HP: 0 - Staus: Normal

"I can help you with the hydrants," Eventide said, making her way towards the nearest one. She formed a large, heavy wrench around one of the hydrant's caps. "All you, Miss Muscles."
    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

All

The low water pressure from the hydrant makes it difficult to use to keep the fire from spreading, but you are able to manage until the wall facing the alley that Liro entered through starts to collapse. Some quick thinking from you all has Liora use a shield created by Eventide to bash the wall inward to keep it from spreading the fire.

Seeing how successful that was, you quickly devise a plan to collapse the other three walls in so the fire is contained inside the structure and doesn't spread to other buildings.

OOC
    You all get 2HP for rescuing the people inside

OPA Belta

Dylan Hall
    HP: 3
    CND: 1 damage

Breathing a sigh of relief, Dylan surveyed the scene. Hopefully they had gotten everyone out. People in this neighborhood slept where they could sometimes and a tinder box qualified as "could". Still, they did manage to save some people. "Did anyone see a gas can, cigarette, or something that might have started the fire? I didn't see anything in the theatre, but wasn't looking too hard for a source of the flames.", inquired Dylan. He looked again over the people they had gotten out and took the small pleasure in not fumbling up on his first few days of being a hero proper. "That place wasn't up to code though, so maybe there was a hot plate or portable warmer that sparked.", offers Dylan.