Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Freedom City 3E

Re: Freedom City 3E

Quote Originally Posted by RainOnTheSun View Post
    I'm generally not a big fan of magic in superhero worlds, but I really like this. It makes it clear that bad things happen when superheroes aren't out there doing their superhero thing. It's like if Earth lost its Green Lantern and jerks from space started showing up and causing trouble, or Iron Man quit and supertech weapons started flooding the black market.
    I suspect it's also meant as a tribute to DC's Underworld Unleashed although really, Mr. Infamy and Time of Vengeance already hit a lot of the high points.

Keeper of Secrets

A little disappointed so much space was given over to reprinting the Freedom City Atlases. It doesn't repeat anything for me, since I never bought those, but I feel like some of the technical information like how the Pyramid towers are laid out could have been cut down or eliminated to make space for another hero or villain.

Inceptor

I have just bought this, and have only had a quick flick through. I have noticed a few writeups have a 'speed of thought' advantage. With comments saying 'see new rules', 'see apenedix' and the Like. But no such section seems to exist? One example of this is the cosmic mind, page 229. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing the advantages allows initiative to be based of int rather than dex?
    I seem to remember it might even have been printed in another book?

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Emanymton View Post
    I have just bought this, and have only had a quick flick through. I have noticed a few writeups have a 'speed of thought' advantage. With comments saying 'see new rules', 'see apenedix' and the Like. But no such section seems to exist? One example of this is the cosmic mind, page 229. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing the advantages allows initiative to be based of int rather than dex?
    Chapter 12: New Game Rules on Page 216 of my Emerald City book has the Speed of Thought advantage and yes, it allows you to use your intellect instead of agility for initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Girl View Post
    I would LOVE to develop more adventures for M&M (it is my claim to fame), but there are only so many hours in the day. We've got a few projects in the air for now, including a free Halloween adventure coming soon
    Brilliant, when is it planned for release? Just hoping for at least a week before Halloween so there's time to possibly prep it for a Halloween game this year..

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by Emanymton View Post

Speed of Thought has been around since 2e. It was in the Mastermind's Manual. Then Motherboard was written with the advantage in the Threat Reports for 3e.