Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom City 3E

Re: Freedom City 3E

... hey ... where's Pseudo? There's no mention of why he's not a current member of the Freedom League in the timeline or elsewhere in the book.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post
    ... hey ... where's Pseudo? There's no mention of why he's not a current member of the Freedom League in the timeline or elsewhere in the book.
    Huh, yeah. Sonic doesn't appear to get mentioned either, outside of the little blurb from Langston Albright in the "Visitor's Guide". Megastar, too.

And reading the 2015 entry more, apparently Collapsar was dealt with? That seem like a HUGE plot development; it really would have been nice to have seen it in print. That would probably be especially galling to anyone who played through Emerald City Knights.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by SignalGK View Post
    Is the PDF version available? Some of us abroad can't afford the postage of the physical books (postage from the US is often more than the cost of the book) so have to settle for the PDF. Also are all the herolab files included in the download?

I can only find the pre-order on the website.

Thanks
    The PDF is right here.

Anyway, onto the book. Skimming over the villains, I've noticed a bit of a trend, in that a lot of them have gotten magical upgrades. Like, too many. Toy Boy, Warden, Knightfire (admittedly, White Knight was kind of magic before, but now he's more so), Silencer, etc. And there are new incarnations of old villains with magic, like Doc Holiday.

Admittedly, it seems like someone working on the book noticed it too and threw in the bit about Fear-Master trying to learn magic and failing hard.

Not that updating villains, giving them some new abilities, is a bad thing, but there are other origins and descriptors that could be used.

Keeper of Secrets

There's a few characters who haven't had Hero Lab files included - Argo, Doctor Simian, Doctor Stratos, Orion the Hunter, Collective, Downtime, Talos, Toy Boy.

I've spent the morning inputting them into Hero Lab, and if anyone wants the files drop me a PM with your email address and I'll be happy to send them your way. Trust me, you don't want to have to input Argo yourself...

When I get the chance I'll swing by the Errata thread because inputting the stats threw up quite a lot of issues with points total (for example, Wildcard's array is calculated as costing 73 points when it costs 37 if I remember correctly), and a couple of rules issues such as extra points of Toughness being paid for directly as Defences on both Argo and Talos.

There are also no Hero Lab files included for the Atom Family or Talona, but they're available as Threat Reports so can be picked up that way. Weirdly there is a file for Malador the Mystic, even though he's not included in the book so I suppose that's a wee bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by King Snarf View Post
    Huh, yeah. Sonic doesn't appear to get mentioned either, outside of the little blurb from Langston Albright in the "Visitor's Guide". Megastar, too.
    regarding Megastar, he did come up during the podcasts, and from what I recall, I suspect he'll be turning up in the collected Rogues Gallery. not that he's full-on evil now, just that like Seven, he's in a pretty bad place

Keeper of Secrets

Another thing I noticed- some of the events in the timeline don't seem to get mentioned in the actual write-ups. For instance, the timeline said that Gamma the Atom Smasher got cured. That's a big deal, and if he somehow became a villain again, that would very much affect his personality, so let's see what the write-up says and... it's not mentioned at all. Huh. Same goes for Johnny Rocket having an adopted daughter who's also his clone. Not discussed in his entry at all.

Keeper of Secrets

Another thing I noticed- some of the events in the timeline don't seem to get mentioned in the actual write-ups. For instance, the timeline said that Gamma the Atom Smasher got cured. That's a big deal, and if he somehow became a villain again, that would very much affect his personality, so let's see what the write-up says and... it's not mentioned at all.
    Can't argue over Gamma.

Huh. Same goes for Johnny Rocket having an adopted daughter who's also his clone. Not discussed in his entry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom City
    Chris and Johnny are raising a teenage daughter. Jonni, who is a clone created as part of a plot by Dr Simian.
    They covered that.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by PhilH View Post
    They covered that.
    Must have missed that, but you'd think that might have been listed in his Relationship complication.

Keeper of Secrets

Another thing I noticed- some of the events in the timeline don't seem to get mentioned in the actual write-ups. For instance, the timeline said that Gamma the Atom Smasher got cured. That's a big deal, and if he somehow became a villain again, that would very much affect his personality, so let's see what the write-up says and... it's not mentioned at all. Huh. Same goes for Johnny Rocket having an adopted daughter who's also his clone. Not discussed in his entry at all.
    You know how it is with comics...

(Not trying to dismiss your critique, but tell me that's not how comics seem to operate.)
    Mary Martin, vlogger and unwitting Grue sleeper agent
    World-Walker and the Guardian Beast, reluctant protector of inter-Earth travel and her bodyguard
    Sparkle, the half-alien/human magic princess

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    You know how it is with comics...

(Not trying to dismiss your critique, but tell me that's not how comics seem to operate.)
    Well, it is rather noticeable since M&M is usually much better at consistency than actual comics publishers. Certainly, they've had some flubs, but when you look at some of the previous 3e releases, like the Atlas or Cosmic Handbook, gaffes like this stick out.